Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterofJKD

Zdaemon map making?

Ok I'm sick of playing the Brit10 FFA maps, so I would like to make my own zdaemon free for all deathmatch maps. The only issue is how do the zdaemon map makers get their weapons to respawn. I'll be mapping in UDMF format. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that #1 weapon respawn is not a map setting, but a gameplay option, and #2 ZDaemon doesn't read UDMF maps.

Well the weapon respawn was through ACS I was just wondering how to do it. But I thought zdaemon supported UDMF, does it support ZDoom(Hexen) instead?

Zdaemon uses a really old build of Zdoom, so some of the new Zdoom features now won't work. I agree with Gez, there is a DMFlag that respawns weapons: Item Respawn. Turn that on and the weapons will reappear after a certain amount of time.

Impboy4 said:

Zdaemon uses a really old build of Zdoom, so some of the new Zdoom features now won't work. I agree with Gez, there is a DMFlag that respawns weapons: Item Respawn. Turn that on and the weapons will reappear after a certain amount of time.

It has had A LOT of editing features added in or ported over from recent zdoom builds, though.

MasterofJKD said:

Ok I'm sick of playing the Brit10 FFA maps, so I would like to make my own zdaemon free for all deathmatch maps. The only issue is how do the zdaemon map makers get their weapons to respawn. I'll be mapping in UDMF format. Any help would be appreciated.

This may be what you are looking for: http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=265702#265702

As for UDMF: ZDaemon currently does not support it. Any other questions specific to ZDaemon might better be answered in its own forums, here: http://forums.zdaemon.org/index.php

There's also a "feature requests" section near the bottom if something you feel would be awesome isn't there.

Hope I was helpful. :)