Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordMeow

PrBoom vs PrBoom+

LordMeow said:

I included Doomsday to put an example of a port that went its own way. I'm more interested in Vanilla/BOOM/MBF compatibility.

Sorry if I bothered you.

Eternity is also very interested in vanila/Boom/MBF compatibility. It plays vanilla and Boom demos without desync. It's just adding some more stuff ontop of it.

Gez said:

Eternity is also very interested in vanila/Boom/MBF compatibility. It plays vanilla and Boom demos without desync. It's just adding some more stuff ontop of it.

It's more about the ability to support those things modularly, for the sake of historical preservation. Eternity supports it well but I don't know if it has anything like complevels (nor did I thing it does need it if that's not its goal).

On a side note about Eternity... I had NO idea it has a floating point renderer claimed to work so well. I tested several versions of Eternity in the past but I would have to delve into the code.

Catoptromancy said:

Eternity supports recording Doom 1.9 demos with -vanilla.

Yeah. With prboom+ around I don't see much point in going further than that. EE's BOOM 2.02 support is still too experimental for people to be using it to record demos IMO. I don't know if I ever knocked out the desync in Okuplok's Speed of Doom MAP31 demo...

Quasar said:

Yeah. With prboom+ around I don't see much point in going further than that. EE's BOOM 2.02 support is still too experimental for people to be using it to record demos IMO. I don't know if I ever knocked out the desync in Okuplok's Speed of Doom MAP31 demo...

Eternity does more than enough supporting BOOM already. If you want to take Doom in new directions, things like demo compatibility are likely to be sacrificed.