Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Jimi, hats off to you. That is some wicked Wolfenstein themed stuff you got going there. I really like how you mixed in the demonic elements and the vents are cool. Joe-lilya, the image didn't load. Maybe try imageshack.us?

I'm working on a lava temple map for the HYMN Heretic community project. Recent progress:

You need to vary textures a bit more to offer some visual contrast. Use some white stone for the pillars, border the angles, etc.

GoatLord said:

Jimi, hats off to you. That is some wicked Wolfenstein themed stuff you got going there. I really like how you mixed in the demonic elements and the vents are cool. Joe-lilya, the image didn't load. Maybe try imageshack.us?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2ltmr69.jpg

does it work for you now?

Gez said:

You need to vary textures a bit more to offer some visual contrast. Use some white stone for the pillars, border the angles, etc.

I agree, the architecture is great, but the texturing is a bit monotonous.

Here's some more images from Icarus: Alien Vanguard. It's from MAP29 and it is a glitch with an Arachnotron the one of the lifts. THe left picture shows the Arachnotron sitting on the lift and the right image shows the Arachnotron flying in midair! Weird huh?

Escape from Wolfenstein continues.. this time in the wooden room... Turns out it's going to be some sort of remake of the first level of Wolfenstein. Was thinking I'd make a remake of the other level in Doom2 too. This first level is finished up to the wooden room, so still missing 2 rooms, the long corridor, corridors between rooms and the exit room.

Egregor: That level is looking nice. Yea, just add some more variety to the texturing and it'll be great.

Looks like you might actually be able to use the Nazi SS and not make it look ridiculous. Nice job. :-)

Ok, two more pics.. It's almost done, just missing some detailing... The level got quite huge. When I started, I thought I was just making a small simple level...

The exterior of the castle.. area behind is really bare...

The entrance to the Bunker or whatever (next level)... no need to find any secret exits for it.

Looking awesome, Jimi. Reminds me of the nazi parts of the first The Darkness. In that context it really actually fits into Doom, unlike the goofy original secret levels.

I'd try and do something about the green "halo" around the clouds though, unless of course you were going for a "toxic/poisoned atmosphere" look.

just did this for a zdoom "contest" map building using a certain musical theme... guess what music is intended for this?

Memfis said:

made this today... thanks to fiend of hell for a nice sky

[IMAGE]

Reminds me of Strain, particularly one of the beginning maps.

DaniJ said:

unless of course you were going for a "toxic/poisoned atmosphere" look.

Heh I usually don't think like this while mapping. That texture just looked cool to me so I used it without really thinking about what it represents. :) I guess I can understand why that green thing bothers some people. Same people probably don't like the green dots on that beautiful "vine" texture from TNT. :)

Screenies of a small multi-level wad I'm in the progress of making. Order goes as follows:

Screen 1: Map01
Screen 2: Map02
Screen 3: Map03
Screen 4: Map04 (WIP)

Impboy4, looking good, especially screenshot 2, although screenshot 1 is a bit flat. Maybe add a shadow or two to give the exteriors some contrast?

Speaking of shadows, here's more of my Quake-themed 4th map (yet another work in progress!):

GoatLord said:

Impboy4, looking good, especially screenshot 2, although screenshot 1 is a bit flat. Maybe add a shadow or two to give the exteriors some contrast?

Well, I'm not really going for realistic detail. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

Impboy4 said:

Well, I'm not really going for realistic detail. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

It looks nearly like you selected the building in an image editor and painted over all the walls with a solid color. Do you have evenlighting enabled or something?