Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harmata

Timesplitters HD Collection and PC/Mac port petition

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/crytek-uk-create-a-timesplitters-hd-collection

As we all know, TimeSplitters 4 is long overdue. Free Radical collapsed in 2009 and has been bought by Crytek UK which have since left TimeSplitters 4 in the ground. The CEO of Crytek has said that they would love to make a new game, but they don't know how well it would sell in todays industry.

Thats where this petition comes in, the CEO Cevat Yerli also said that if there was enough demand, they would perhaps make a new game. What better way than a new HD collection of all the original games for the PC/MAC, PS3, and Xbox 360 to test the waters? if you would like to see this made, then spread and share!

We've reached 58k signatures. That's more than 10k since yesterday.

I would really like to see Timesplitters 4, or Timesplitters HD, but Crytek have been massive tools/trolls recently. Don't really think they would be capable of doing it justice. Also they stated that if Timesplitters 4 was to happen, it would probably be a free-to-play thing, eww.

If I don't sign anything, what am I potentially missing out on and depriving people of?

Console-exclusive FPSes have never been particularly impressive (except Goldeneye, but my nostalgia may be affecting the way I perceive the objective quality of it).

Well DoomUk, Timesplitters is actually the spiritual successor to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, but with a more frantic pace to the levels. The gameplay/feel of the game is very, very similiar, at least with the first two games. Watch some playthroughs of the original game on youtube, you essentially have to speedrun the levels to win.

TimeSplitters is like a super fast-paced GoldenEye, at least the first two were. Third slowed down a bit and modernized the controls (but was still a great game in its own right). Picture Quake 3 movement speeds without the need (or ability) to jump, with an option to make it run at an even faster, barely controllable, pace.