Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chubzdoomer

If Doom was done today (Part 2)

I think you did a great job on this one. I'll show it to some of my friends. The zombie mode was pretty fun too. I always like to play invasion-style mods. I also liked all of the detail you put into this such as no air-control. Someone noticed!

Agentbromsnor said:

I wouldn't say ALL modern games are incompetent though. The first BioShock is still arguably the best game of the 2000's if you ask me.

I'm all for singleplayer games. Multiplayer games bore me, and I usually don't feel like measuring my skills with random people on the internet.

But I digress. :)

Not all but too many that it's not worth my pocket to find out.

Alwaysdoomed said:
I really like this wad eventhough its short. The humor actually makes playing this fun and makes you hunger for a sequel.
I hope you decide to continue the story and make another sequel to this wad.[/B]

If Activision announces another Call of Duty, I will do my best to create another Call of Dooty to coincide with it. Given their history with milking the franchise for all it's worth, you can probably expect Call of Dooty III in November of 2013.

Krispy said:

I think you did a great job on this one. I'll show it to some of my friends. The zombie mode was pretty fun too. I always like to play invasion-style mods. I also liked all of the detail you put into this such as no air-control. Someone noticed!

Thanks man! The included "Zombie" mode is actually just a gimped version of my "Demon Defense" project and contains only one map, no custom textures for the Ice and Electricity traps, and so forth. For a much better version with three maps, custom textures for the traps, and so forth, check out this video of the latest version of the project. (Download links are included in the description!)

Also, just curious: What do you mean by "air-control"?

Obsidian said:

Oh dear.

Hey Chubz. Beautiful piece of satire. It's the little things that make it great.

Good stuff.

Obsidian said:

Still rather play this than any of the recent Call of Duty games.

Eris Falling said:

If you get stuck for achievements, use Achievement Unlocked 2's achievements for inspiration. You got 250 to choose from, most of which wouldn't be out of place in an ZBall 270 game..

Achievement Unlocked: Achievement Unlocked
Unlock an achievement to unlock this achievement.

Obsidian said:

Oh, lord. Awesome, but scary.

I thought this was a funny wad, and I have your "DemonDefense" wad, and I liked it, got through to wave 21, then I quit. This wad was a great little thing of satire, making fun of modern games (MW2 and MW3 mostly!), at least no COD fanboys are here, eh? Great wad you have here, love the COD:BO parody, keep it up, buddy!

chubz said:

Also, just curious: What do you mean by "air-control"?

I mean that you can't change direction while you're in mid-air. I just assumed that you intended this because it's one of the annoying things that modern games do.

I really enjoy the Zombies mode, but I wish the wall would allow you to purchase weapons from other WADs/PK3s (Like, playing it with Brutal Doom doesn't give Brutal Doom weapons, it gives regular Doom weapons, which would be fine, if it would let you swap back to them...)

So you bumped this thread to tell the creator that he should add Brutal Doom support?

Okay.

Obsidian said:

So you bumped this thread to tell the creator that he should add Brutal Doom support?

Okay.

Well, it's par for course for Brutal Doom users, and one of the reasons why others hate this thing so much... :D

I'm still holding out for Chubz in Space 2. Iv'e already completed the first game at least 2 times in a row now and I'm ready for the next challenge.

Obsidian said:

Okay.

Not just Brutal Doom, but for mods that overhaul weapons in general. I just used Brutal Doom as an example. Looking back, that was an illly (Is that even a word? Maybe not...) made judgement on my part, but it's been done, so there's not taking it back.

Ah, okay then. Considering the Invasion mode isn't really the focus of the wad(I'm pretty sure it's something of a teaser for a set of invasion maps Chubz was working on a few years ago), I doubt he'll add weapon mod support. Heck, I don't think he does much Doom stuff at all nowdays. :/ Maybe ask the guys over on the ZDoom forums if they can teach you how to do it yerself.

Maaaaan I saw this thread ans was like "FUK YEAH A NEW CALL OF DOOTY" but it's just the old part 2 thread :'(

@Chubz

Instead of waiting for another Call of Duty to be released, why not tackle the old CoD titles you haven't made a parody for?

-Call of Duty: Finest Hour
-Call of Duty 2 : Big Red One
-Call of Duty: Roads to Victory
-Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare
-Call of Duty: World at War (and also Cod: WaW: Final Fonts)
-Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
-Call of Duty: Ghosts (I haven't finished Call of Dooty 2 yet. I'm not sure if it's included or not)

^The above CoD titles (I copied from wikipedia) can be worth considering.

It's just a suggestion.

P.S: I like this wad so far.

Obsidian said:

Ah, okay then. Considering the Invasion mode isn't really the focus of the wad(I'm pretty sure it's something of a teaser for a set of invasion maps Chubz was working on a few years ago), I doubt he'll add weapon mod support. Heck, I don't think he does much Doom stuff at all nowdays. :/ Maybe ask the guys over on the ZDoom forums if they can teach you how to do it yerself.

I just might. I don't think it'd be too hard a fix...

Doomkid said:

Maaaaan I saw this thread ans was like "FUK YEAH A NEW CALL OF DOOTY" but it's just the old part 2 thread :'(

Sorry... *Headscratch*

Zulk-RS said:

-Call of Duty: Ghosts (I haven't finished Call of Dooty 2 yet. I'm not sure if it's included or not)

He did: Call of Dooty: Spectres

In Call of Dooty I (or was it 2 ? Can't remember) I actually really liked the 'press F repeteadly to progressively open door'.
This is a fine mechanic that could actually be used in a non-scripted, normal map for Doom without being too much out of place I think.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I actually found an issue with the scripts. The zombies mode, when I played it with a friend, wouldn't let us respawn like I'd expected us to, perhaps letting us respawn at the end of the wave, but it didn't. Normally, I would just leave it there, assuming it was meant to be that way, but I went to fix it for my own personal use, and found this comment by the respawn scripts, in line 5574...

//Reset ID and respawn if wave is not in progress and someone is alive
I'll try get it fixed, and post it here, for anyone who cares, then maybe I'll finally let this thread die...
EDIT: Fixed it. If anyone cares, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/73vjw3fcvmq40yr/Call+of+Dooty+II+%28Zombies+Patch%29.wad
Now, dead players can respawn between waves. Also, I made another change so when all players die, the map resets, so you can't return to the interrogation room without starting a new game.

I'll never understand the fans who want BD support for every goddamn mod and mapset under the sun..

Also bumping a 3 year old thread was a dumb enough thing to do and may invoke mod wrath.

Glaice said:

I'll never understand the fans who want BD support for every goddamn mod and mapset under the sun..

Also bumping a 3 year old thread was a dumb enough thing to do and may invoke mod wrath.

The patch I did has NOTHING to do with Brutal Doom...

Yeah, I know that was a terrible idea the fist time I did it, but I'll live up to it. I'll accept whatever punishment for it. But with my last post, the thread was already bumped, and that post did have importance, so maybe my first stupid post here didn't warrant the bump, but the last one did, in my opinion.

I miss the days when Chubz would show all the dummysectors how to script and watercool their computers with lint.

Jaxxoon R said:

I miss the days when Chubz would show all the dummysectors how to script and watercool their computers with lint.

'Dummysectors'? What's that?

Obsidian said:

Ah, okay then. Considering the Invasion mode isn't really the focus of the wad(I'm pretty sure it's something of a teaser for a set of invasion maps Chubz was working on a few years ago)

You were right:

Chubzdoomer said:

You also may not know, but the Zombies mode in CoD II is actually just a watered down version of my Demon Defense WAD/project. I'd highly recommend checking it out instead, because it not only has more maps, but has also been thoroughly playtested online to ensure that everything (or rather most things) work just as intended. The latest version is 1.4, which you can see here. Although Lanix and I haven't worked on it in years, it's still a blast to play with one or more friends!