Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The /newstuff Chronicles #423

• Atomic Attack - Uncle Cracker
    Doom 2 - Skulltag / Zandronum - Solo Play - 12617722 bytes - (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Doomguy 2000
    This right here is a 16 level joke WAD by Uncle Cracker. It does use resources from other people put together to make this more appealing to people like myself. Now, this isn't for the average Doomer, just to let you know. It does however, contain some assrape threats and swearing to warn you. Most of my resources that the author uses come from Millennia Invasion, which was released at the end of September. Regardless I will go through this WAD level by level to let you know what I think of the individual level itself, so here we go.

MAP01 - So the game basically starts off in a somewhat similar way as shown in Doom Rampage with Doomguy returning back to the old Phobos base. Something strange and stupid happens to the marine within the base. The level itself is not very hard, since it's got a few cutscenes and very few monsters. You go to the back of the staircase in order to activate it in order to escape.

MAP02 - Now this level I liked and found interesting. It's got good music for starters and some interesting gameplay elements. It does have some death traps, so it will require you to use your brain so you can avoid these traps and falling off the train to your death.

MAP03 - This is very hard level that requires some strategy to beat.

MAP04 - As the title says, it's a generic 1994 map. It's not much and doesn't require lots of skill to beat.

MAP05 - What we have here is level with mostly invisible textures, giving it the HOM effect. It's recommended to use the automap so you don't get lost here.

MAP06 - This is a better version of Real Death because it's 25,000 Commander Keens instead of 150,000+ of them. Very easy, as all you have to do is use your ammo to kill them all, thus opening up the exit to the next level. The estimated amount of time to best the level is roughly 30 minutes at least.

MAP07 - This is another interesting level that pits you against 1,001 Cacodemons. The best way to kill them all, or enough to beat the level, is to use the Cacodemon weapon since it does major damage to so many in one shot. The sky was introduced in Heaven, except it's the scaled down version from Millennia Invasion.

MAP08 - Of course the title says "Wait for an hour without touching anything". Well me doing something else the other night when I was waiting for 2 1/2 hours! In order to beat the level, you have to wait 6.48 million tics without doing anything. I'm guessing close to or over a day to beat the level. Regardless, I used the changemap command in the console to skip this one, because waiting forever was not worth it.

MAP09 - This one is my favorite level in the entire wad because I found some parts funny and it uses some of my resources. I also enjoyed the gameplay of this level. The worst part, however, is trying to navigate through the invisible maze in order to escape.

MAP10 - I didn't care too much for this level since all you mostly do is run through the long empty hallways. I guess the hardest part could the 3 Arch-Viles, or the final wave of monsters that blocks the exit. Personally I go with the final wave blocking your escape.

MAP11 - Super shot level, where all you have to do is kill the red skull in order to open up the door for your escape.

MAP12 - The object of the level is to escape before the pepper gas kills you.

MAP13 - This is another one of those tiny box levels that does require some fast reflexes to prevent the amount of damage you lose from the crusher. The midi fits this box level perfectly.

MAP14 - This is hands down the hardest level of the entire mapset. The main objective is to survive in the rectangle arena for 4 minutes while dealing with the boss eyes summoning an endless swarm of monsters. The author could have at least put in a megasphere to make this level more playable. The best strategy is to just keep running around dodging projectiles and demons without alerting other monsters, otherwise it's game over. If you decide to use your weapons, then the rest of the boss eyes will be awaken and you have to deal with more monsters, thus making it impossible to survive for 4 minutes. I had to save every step of the way to make sure I had a decent percent of health.

MAP15 - The second to last level takes place in the UAC base that started all of this in the first place. The third to last screenshot shows that I survived the last level with 22% health. Not going to spoil too much here since I want people to find out for themselves when playing it. The last 3 screenshots will show some stuff that is presented in the level. Afterwards you enter the hallway to fight the final boss.

MAP16 - Not going to say who the final boss is, but I can sure tell you that this boss is a complete joke. He's so painstakingly easy that all you need is one weapon, so the rest of the ammo and different weapons you can pick up are useless, since they are not needed. You can even beat the final boss from a pistol start without much effort. So after you kill this guy, a cutscene starts telling you how the story ends and what happens next.

Overall I enjoyed Atomic Attack (regardless of my few complaints) and would recommend this to people who still enjoy joke WADs. For people who would prefer serious wads or care if it has some stuff from me or Terry, it's probably best to skip it.

• Chaos 2 - doomaniac
    Doom 2 - GZDoom - Solo Play - 5373241 bytes - (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: walter confalonieri
    A short but really nice map for GZDoom from Mr (or Mrs/Miss?) doomaniac that contains lots of new textures and nice GZDoom 3d sector effects here and there. Also, we have a brand new catchy BGM for the map and even new sounds (but, dude, that shotgun sound just sounds so cheesy) and game graphics (like STDISK image instead of classic blue keycard / skull and "new" guns from Shadow Warrior and Freedoom leftovers).

Gameplay is short and straight-forward, although It gets a little disorienting when you are in the monitor room, but the game is easily beatable with some nice fights.

Architecture and detail is plain but well done, except the pitch black room at the end (an exit sign or something similar that shows you where to go after you beat the evil badass red barons [I don't known their name, sorry!] would be nice) and some un-unpegged textures (especially that pipe that falls from the ceiling where you find the room after the teleport in the start) are the only problems I've seen here, but excepting this, is worth a download. Good job!

• Combat Shock 2 - Daniel "dannebubinga" Jakobsson
    Doom 2 - Boom Compatible - Solo Play - 8688338 bytes - (img) (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: mouldy
    The first Combat Shock gave us 4 maps of rock hard slaughter-filled mayhem in beautifully crafted environments. Here then is the sequel, 7 maps this time. Needless to say this style of play will not appeal to everyone, but if you enjoy getting your arse kicked by multitudes of angry monsters, then you are in the right place. For those like me who like to paddle in the shallow end of the slaughter-map genre, playing on HMP provides a more gradual difficulty curve, though the later maps will still be tough.

Fans of the first installment need read no further, download and enjoy. But in case you are interested, here's a brief breakdown of what to expect.

Map 1 sets the scene with overgrown temple surroundings, and the killing here is relatively low key with lots of options for cover.

Map 2 continues the jungle temple theme but introduces a larger cast of monsters and more room to play with them. The circular open-plan nature of this map gives you plenty of choices for where to take the battle, and allows for a fair amount of chaos to ensue.

Map 3 takes the action into large underground caverns. Here the action is spaced into a series of smaller and more free-form skirmishes before facing the familiar arena of monsters with switches to press and nowhere to hide scenario. The final room is somewhat nasty, and gives a taste of what is to come.

Map 4 is where the monster-count ramps right up, and more casual players will start to feel the pain. The army of monsters that greets your arrival is surpassed only by the multitude that awaits in the final room, and the filling of this monster sandwich is a yellow key room that almost finished me off on UV. It's worth fighting through it to see that final battle though, and the metal architecture is filled with complex splendour.

Map 5 – if you made it through the previous map then here is your reward: a gargantuan and relentless ball-hammering set in a brooding metallic cathedral of despair. This map is where the combat fatigue really begins to set in. The play style here favours a more episodic approach, where each cavernous empty space fills with monsters to be cleared before moving on to the next one. It felt like a test of stamina in places, but the spaces are varied and inventive enough to keep the fights interesting, and the colossal and detailed architecture draws you further into the madness.

Map 6 opens with a hilariously epic battle and is a fitting finale to the wad. Some timed platforming makes an unwelcome appearance half way through, but the orgy of violence that follows more than makes up for it.

Map 7 is included as a bonus, and features more traditional gameplay – something of a chill-out map to wind down with after the relentless slaughter.

I loved this collection. It didn't love me, that's for sure, but I find something strangely pleasurable about being killed by such overwhelming forces in such picturesque surroundings. Difficulty-wise I found it a bit more inviting than the first Combat Shock, and despite being killed an untold number of times, I only found a few moments truly frustrating. With its hordes of monsters and baroque design details, it will draw inevitable comparisons with Sunder, though I found the battles in Combat Shock 2 to be more varied and chaotic, and subsequently more forgiving.

• UNIT 731 - Jesse Proctor
    Ultimate Doom - ZDoom Compatible - Solo Play - 4123879 bytes - (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Doomguy 2000
    This wad, judging from the title, looks like your ordinary generic wad. What makes this different is the black and setting. What makes Unit 731 a joke? The document that came with this for starters, telling people this game is intense because it's based on real life events and viewer discretion is advised. I don't see how a bunch of beginner super-short basics maps can be based off real life events. Trust me, I've seen more intense than this wad. The new weapons are a knife (which you won't need) and a machine gun (works the same way as your stock chaingun), and enemies include a 731 guard, commando, and scientist (which looks like a guy in a radiation suit).

The gameplay is simplistic and boring with no real challenge added to it. On E1M4, there's no yellow key card, so you will have type idkfa, use the noclip cheat, or give the card to yourself with the console. Another major gripe is the zombieman and shotgun guy replacements being able to pick up anything and make the item disappear when they walk past it. As Mr. Chris pointed out in the discussion thread before being helled (which got me to open this up in SLADE 3 to see what was in it), this wad has a bunch of maps missing map markers, thus making the levels themselves inaccessible. One of them is called DEMO4 which is basically E1M9 with a different name. To top it all off, it has 19 different DEHACKED lumps, with one of them being a marker, plus Doom IWAD material which is isn't needed since they are already in Doom.

The ugly graphics, weak simplistic gameplay, poor map design, the unnecessary amount of DEHACKED lumps, and other numerous things make this wad not worth the download. Overall, I would avoid Unit 731 based on the reasons I have given above in this review.

• Rocktober - NoneeLlama
    Doom 2 - Vanilla - Solo Play - 56875 bytes - (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Dragonsbrethren
    Rocktober is an excellent classic style Doom 2 map that NoneeLlama made for purist and Katamori's birthdays. The map is laid out around a central outside nukage pit. It's flat, but flows well, and you'll revisit areas multiple times. The monster count is a bit low, but every monster is placed well, particularly the cyberdemon, which lurks in the outside area and can hit several different locations. This adds a bit of a threat to areas that would otherwise be trivial. My only complaint about the map comes down to its texturing: I felt too many texture themes were used. I loved the stone, zimmer, and wood starting areas, but the base theme midway through seems completely out of place. Definitely give this a go if you like the stock Doom 2 maps.

• Beyond Reality - Jack101
    Doom 2 - ZDoom Compatible - Solo Play - 20817624 bytes - (img) (img) (img) (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: BlackFish
    When you first boot up this level set, the first thing you see is a headless zombieman and a picture of the heavy weapons guy from TF2 on a wall. You then realize that the room has more of these odd portrait pictures, and you begin to ask yourself what you're in for. It doesn't take long to run into floating Doom guy heads and wing crate monsters to realize that this is pretty weird.

Welcome to Beyond Reality, a series of 16 large maps that takes place in bizarre realms. When I started playing this I gave it a new brand name for a wad, Absurdist. The mapper's sole intention for the good first half of the 16 levels you encounter is to mess with your head. However, while doing so, you're playing in some nicely detailed maps with unique themes not often seen in pwads. You'll encounter fancy gameplay mechanics like RoTT style traps, "inanimate corridors" that don't fully activate unless hitting a switch, and following Back to the Future-esque trails to teleport to different dimensions to complete these levels. Each one of these levels tends to introduce something new at your face. The level varies in theme as well, giving an episodic variety.

So does it work? Mostly yes. It's not hard to get the momentum going for most maps, and once you do you go with the flow with Andrew Sega music (Unreal, In Persuit of Greed). However, sometimes you'll have to use your brain a bit to get certain puzzles done. Also, for some reason shotgunners drop a 4 shell looking item but in reality you only get 2 (and you even get a message indicating 4).

If you want something unique from the usual tech or hell levels you normally play, I would recommend this to you. Because I know you want to be stuck in an island made of crates that's guarded by floating Doomguy heads and suicidal barrel men.

• Doomguy's Warzone All Stars! - Doomguy 2000
    N/A - ZDoom Compatible - N/A - 86288879 bytes - (img)
    Reviewed by: Obsidian
    Behold, Doomguy 2000's latest offering! Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition is in the authors words "all about the very best monsters from the 3 generations put together as one epic cast." What does this mean? Let's play and find out!

*Plays*

Dear lord, I can FEEL my brain cells dying...eargh, sorry about that. From what I can surmise, Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition is a random collection of monsters and items from the previous Doomguy's Warzone wads that replace the stock monsters and items. Apparently you can access more features if you play it in Skulltag, but I don't think I'll survive more exposure to this. I actually feel bad for the person who reviewed the original Doomguy's Warzone: I'm betting he forgot how to eat solid food after playing through it. Some of the stuff was mildly amusing (who doesn't want to kill people with a basketball?), but I'm pretty sure that all the half-decent things were ripped from other more high-quality wads. All in all, Doomguy's Warzone Gold Edition is a blemish on the face of Dooming that should be forgotten, if not eradicated. Moving on...

• Corridoors of Atrocity - Obsidian
    Doom 2 - Vanilla - Solo Play - 92846 bytes - (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Dragonsbrethren
    Corridors of Atrocity in a word: cramped. The map is a Spirit World tribute; parts of it almost seem to have been lifted directly from the original, but the text files says everything was recreated from scratch. I nearly gave up on it in the second room: there are steps surrounding the walls and several pits in the floor, which monsters raise out of as in the original map. The room is so small that you constantly move over these height variations, which is incredibly annoying even when you're not evading revenant rockets and hell knight snot. I'm not sure what Obsidian was thinking with these, but it never should have made it into a final release. Even (good) hyper detailed maps tend to have flat floors for a reason.

Pushing on, there are tributes to the original map's throne room and rocky cave areas, both of which are nice looking but suffer from the same problem of not having enough room to move around in. You can never take advantage of your agility and instead have to rely solely on being able to force enemies into their pain state as you attack them head on. There's another area between these two where you get to beat up on some skin panels in order to proceed, which goes on for way too long, and which has a nasty trap with a horde of revenants at the end.

I really wish this map was more open; it would be a lot more enjoyable. I thought it did some things right, but as a whole, it's just not very fun.

• Monastery of the damned - Rory Habich (Boared)
    Heretic - ZDoom - Solo Play - 179974 bytes - (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Csonicgo
    I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Heretic at all. To me, the weapons seem puny, the textures really bland, and the sounds really tinny, scratchy and tedious.But this map feels like an attempt to make me forget all those things I hate so much about Heretic. The result? I'm actually enjoying Heretic! I never thought I'd say that.

You'll start in a small outdoor area, and go into what looks like a standard Heretic castle. Texturing is pretty well done here. I know how limited the Heretic texture set is, but this mapper pulls it off for the most part. Ammo is too tight at the start, though. I should never have to use the staff, ever. Heretic weapons feel weak already, so I shouldn't have to ration my ammo that much. Most of us are Doom players, after all. We spray and pray, for hell's sake!

Of course, in Heretic fashion, I immediately got lost in the start room. I have no idea how, but I managed to do it on my first playthrough. There's some sort of bug that will cause a roadblock not to lower, but that only happens some of the time. By my third playthrough, I got a tome of power from a Wizard and started whoopin' ass. That's really satisfying! I opened up a small stairwell where I immediately got stuck. Like, in the wall. I'm not kidding. I don't know if this is a ZDoom quirk or what, but I noclipped and was shot across the level like a catapult.

Also, is it sacrilege to put armor in a Heretic level? I didn't find a single piece near the start. Armor is needed in Doom games, and yet it seems I need to solve a quest to get a shield power-up. Eh.

Apathy is setting in, things are way too dark, and the rest of the map was pretty easy after the ton of ammo you get in the dark room. I felt like there could be more here, but it's fun after you know the map. Give it a shot, but be prepared to be swamped by gargoyles.

To the mapper: it's time to learn not to use blue in dark areas. It looks awful in Heretic. Let the monsters be the challenge, not lack of resources. I know that tight gameplay is fun, but artifacts are also part of Heretic, and you really dropped the ball on that. Quartz flasks aren't useful when you're forced to use them immediately after getting them. And since I know you tested with ZDoom, you had to have encountered the bug in the stairwell. I can pull off the game-breaking bug every time. I fixed it myself by moving the wall a little bit in an editor.

• Bloodriver Outpost - Henri Lehto
    Doom 2 - GZDoom - Solo Play - 387095 bytes - (img) (img) (img)
    A single GZDoom map for Doom 2, Lehto uses a lot of GZdoom features to make the map look lively with good usage of 3D floors with moving and colored sectors. For some reason though, most of the light level is the same both indoors and out, despite that the lighting sources like torches and ceiling lights are everywhere. That, and there's messages that pop up that tell me where to go as if I got lost in a Hexen hub. Criticisms aside, it's a fun 10 minutes of your time that'll let you look at fun usage of 3D sectors without the ZDoom features getting too much in the way.

• Marbellous - Serge Jaeken
    Doom 2 - Limit Removing - Solo Play - 346592 bytes - (img) (img) (img)
    A MAP25 replacement for Doom 2, Marbellous is what the title suggests, a map with a lot of marble textures. It makes good and creative usage of the default textures, creating a modern feeling without having to resort to custom artwork. It's moderately paced and easy to get around as well. The most interesting part was the cyberdemon battle that's halfway in the map, which forces you to dance a bit trying to get the right elevator to come down and not get blown away at the same time. Play it if you want a nice challenge on UV.

• Rust in Peace - TheSpazztikOne / GeneralRainbowBacon (DoomHero85)
    Doom 2 - ZDoom Compatible - Solo Play - 329063 bytes - (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Csonicgo
    Rust in Peace. That's a perfect name for this wad, really. I really wanted to give this wad a chance, but this map crosses that threshold of my patience. From the creator of 1000 Unheard Screams (1001 if you counted mine) comes this "huge" map that piles the boring on hot and heavy.

I'm Csonig, your tour guide for this map. Get in the Jeep, kid! it's gonna be a blast! There are no skill settings, so let's hope we make it!

Let's just get down to business, shall we? Start the map. BLAMMO! We're almost dead! The start of the map has about a dozen hitscanners, half of which are chaingun guys. And guess what? They're right in front of us! If I didn't move back to grab the "hidden" chaingun, we would have already been toast. The mapper throws in a cacodemon at the start for good measure, and stocks the room with bullet boxes so we can use them all up at once while dodging imp fireballs. Good luck finding any more ammo for the next 10 minutes of the map, because we ain't gettin' shit. That's how we roll over here at RIP.WAD! Oh, look! Have fun with the pain elemental and revenant just ahead with only 100 bullets! And while we're hiking up these awfully-textured stairs, look down and admire the weird floor designs that reek of Tormentor Syndrome™. Isn't it great? Don't you love D_RUNNIN too?

Moving on, did I mention this map has 672 monsters? You wouldn't be able to tell, because the map is completely empty for its size. There's a cave section with nothing in it, save for a few lost souls and torches. Hey, wake up! If it isn't long stretches of empty space and horrid texture usage (with mis-alignments aplenty!), it's plinking off cacodemons or something equally tedious, so get used to it!

But that's not the kicker. Oh no, we're not even finished with our tour! After fending off cacodemons for about 5 minutes, we're rolling into a huge, empty dirt area with some chaingun guys trying to snipe at us! But they're so high I can't hit 'em! Step on the gas!

Whew! that was close! I think I heard a Cyberdemon and Spiderdemon as we drove past. Don't worry, there's a supercharge in this room over here...Wait, what's going on??

THE ENTIRE MAP IS ALIVE!!!

Save yourself! I'm getting outta here! As soon as we touched that lift, the whole map lowered like a platform! OH NO THE DOOR IS STUCK WHAT'S HAPPEN-

P_AddActivePlat: no more plats!
    C:\DOOM>_

RIP Csonig 1986-2012
    Died while attempting to use intended source port

• Administration Center - Sergeant_Mark_IV
    Doom 2 - Vanilla - Solo Play - 3587898 bytes - (img) (img) (img) (img)
    Reviewed by: Obsidian
    Administration Center by Sergeant_Mark_IV: if I had to sum this up in one word, I'd say "Prodigal". The text file states that this is a "small map to test my speedmapping skills", and I personally think the author passed with flying colours: the map itself is a somewhat generic techbase, but look at the decoration! The cubicles are a nice little touch, and the overall design of the map, while a bit linear, flows well without looking too sparse or cluttered: an excellent achievement for a speedmap. The gameplay is decently thought out, with some tricky encounters and little traps to keep you on your guard. 2 things stood out in this map that I thought were interesting:

1. No SSG! This may sound bad, but in reality it makes things just that much trickier and fun – keeps you on your toes, as it were.

2. A good knowledge of gameplay. You grab the blue key – a horde of monsters teleport into the map. You get the yellow key – nothing. I was constantly expecting something to jump out at me when I got that key, so it caught me off guard when nothing happened. It doesn't sound overly special, but it's always good when a bit of randomness is integrated into a map.

The only gripe that I have with this map is that the doortracks in the bathroom sections aren't lower unpegged, which in retrospect doesn't really matter considering the rest of the map. To sum up, Administration Center is a competent little map that I think is a prelude to greater things. Go Sarge!

Let me guess; one of those reviewers doesn't know how to properly appreciate a WAD that you liked this week. Want to do something about it? Instead of complaining in the comment thread like you always do, perhaps you can make a difference and write some better reviews than those idiots up there. The /newstuff Review Center is the place to do so. Put that Doomworld Forums account to constructive use, because you need one to submit reviews.

Csonicgo, on Monastery of the damned, said:

I opened up a small stairwell where I immediately got stuck. Like, in the wall. I'm not kidding. I don't know if this is a ZDoom quirk or what, but I noclipped and was shot across the level like a catapult.

It's a ZDoom bug introduced recently which has been fixed. You need build r3970 or higher.

Thanks for the review blackfish, by the way:

. Also, for some reason shotgunners drop a 4 shell looking item but in reality you only get 2 (and you even get a message indicating 4).

This should probably be removed since I fixed it to where it says you got 2 now and the graphic is changed to 2 shells. :P

Chaos 2 is reviewed twice. Bloodriver Outpost's review contain some text that belong to other review. Don't you see?

Obsidian said:

I have to say I enjoy Csonicgo's reviews quite a bit. :D

You and me both.

Yeah the monastery should have had either more supplies in the beginning or fewer enemies, but overall a damn fine looking map.

A torch would have been nice too.

+1 to Atomic Attack for gratuitous amounts of gigantic furry cleavage in the sky.

rf` said:

+1 to Atomic Attack for gratuitous amounts of gigantic furry cleavage in the sky.

CANNOT...UNSEE...

Hmm. A couple of the interviews make me feel like it's necessary to reiterate that level-by-level reviews don't belong in t/nc. When you have level descriptions that consist of "This is very hard level that requires some strategy to beat" and literally nothing else, you've successfully told me nothing worthwhile about the map while wasting time and effort that could've been applied to the review as a whole.

Obsidian said:

I have to say I enjoy Csonicgo's reviews quite a bit. :D

This.
His reviews are probably more entertaining than the WADs themselves I imagine.

Xaser said:
A couple of the interviews make me feel like it's necessary to reiterate that level-by-level reviews don't belong in t/nc.

As long as what each level section says is pertinent, it's great. The only purpose of the reviews isn't recommending WADs to "download customers", authors, fellow designers and other connoisseurs also pay attention, so longer reviews are worthwhile too if they are substantial. I understand criticizing multi-level reviews written as a systematic habit and the use of descriptive redundancies that overextend the reviews without adding essentials, but not reducing length systematically as if we were about to run out of paper.

Obsidian said:

CANNOT...UNSEE...

I was looking at that wad but even I couldn't come up with words in english to describe it. Only an action. An action of cowering in a fetal position in the corner of my office.

I just checked the /newstuff queue. We're backing up again, but there's a very good reason for that - there's been tons of releases this month! A lot of them seem to be multiplayer, large or just outright shit, which certainly won't help. I've seen a few that have had plenty of exposure on the forums too, so I'd imagine it's likely a lot of potential reviewers will have played them recently and not be so keen to go through them again for a review (as is the case for the couple I know are worth a look-in near the bottom [Moonstone and Putrifier]).

Highlight of this /newstuff for me is definitely Beyond Reality - nothing else here has really piqued my interest.

Tried Beyond reality, and the name is too bold for such project. I expected something like a parallel dimension, but received a bunch of new sprites without a theme and levels with no atmosphere. CURSE YOU PEOPLE IN CACOWARD THREAD!

Jack101, i don't know where have you been all these years but I'm pretty sure that the fact, truth and axiom "it's not fun to fight small fast-moving fast-hitting monsters with huge damage" was established for quite some time ago.

Not mad, just kinda meh'ed. Hey, that sounds cool , i'll make it my signature phrase:

"Your wad meh'ed me, dude!"
"Be careful, this wad will leave you not mad but meh'ed!"
"Just meh'ed through this wad, it was kinda meh, eh?"