Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zinkai

bollards

well ill get to it. on my new map i have a long hallway which i want the player to past a certain point and a set of bollards will pop up an give the player some cover to hide behind. i want the bollards to only pop up 32 and not to the ceiling.

how would i go about this, i am not using any specific port just a limit removing one. would i be a script? i just a little lost atm

if u need some screen shots i can do it for yas!

Hey that's kind of a cool idea. Reminds me of the new security checkpoints on the military bases here where they have these big posts that shoot out of the ground, or a humongous cement barrier raises up if you try to run through the checkpoint.

Also I think Ribbik's method should work fine for any vanilla map. Pretty sure in ZDoom's more advanced formats you can simply specify how high you want the floor to raise in the map data, no scripting or anything involved.

zinkai said:

i want the bollards to only pop up 32

You would need dummy sectors for any other height, but in that case you can just use "floor raise by 32" action.

There's a switch action that will raise the floor 32 units in vanilla doom/2. 32 units isn't high enough to block projectiles/attacks though, unless you're meleeing demons?

bah, tried to do it but my bollards are just raising all the way to the ceiling. any idea why?

Ill check that out in the morning. Suppose I should really get in to more advanced doom editing techniques with the more modern souce ports

schwerpunk said:

My bollards only reach 86 units high. Is this average??? :/

86 units? Bet you were laughed at for that when you were a kid...

bah after a hectic week. i remembered i need to dl something. just to let u know hawkwind your dl like is not working. :(

[edit] I suggested the floor raise to next higher floor thing, but the demo wad already does this. Bollards.