Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Finalizing PSN

OHHHHHH there's a teleporter!!!! I get it!! it's a bad dream! an illusion.

hehe the cyberdemons are blinking now when all on screen. The engine can't handle it.

gamul312 said:

The order worked well, I think. Is it alphabetical in the XBOX1 version?

Ease up on the quadruple post. You can edit your post to add some more stuff to them.

And to answer the question, look here. If JavaScript is enabled for the site, you can even sort the table by each column header.

lol, Worst.Ending.Ever. j/k

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2711/masterlevelsending.jpg

Gez said:

Ease up on the quadruple post. You can edit your post to add some more stuff to them.

And to answer the question, look here. If JavaScript is enabled for the site, you can even sort the table by each column header.

OK, sorry. I don't see table options, so I guess I don't have javascript enabled.

Edit: Oh I see, you're editing it. I was editing it too yesterday.

scalliano said:

All this fuss when everyone here is missing the real issue.

THERE'S NO NIGHT SKY ON THE MASTER LEVELS!!!

I LOL'd but actually miss those skies.

gamul312 said:

What's this, bare-minimal effort put into a Doom re-release? Gotta sit down, the room is spinning. /s

BTW, might've been mentioned already and I missed it, but Master Levels maps Trapped on Titan and Black Tower (maps 11, 19) are currently inaccessible in multiplayer games: Can't start on 'em, and they're skipped over when exiting the preceding maps in Co-op.

Blzut3 said:

Hey, give credit where credit's due. They're not in alphabetical order! That's progress! :P

THIS TIMES SIXTEEN HUNDRED. Mega-thanks to whoever did this. :D

Music is a bit "lazy", I guess, but there was never a canonical arrangement to begin with so they probably arranged the maps, played through them, then thought the music was okay as-is. I still prefer the tracklist I've got in my own personal arrangement, but that's because I picked it. :P

[EDIT] Meh, I'll go with "lazy", since some of the tracks really don't make sense. D_RUNNIN for Mephisto and D_DDTBLU for Bloodsea? Icky. :P

It's interesting that Manor and Black Tower are skipped in multiplayer. If it's those two maps in particular and nothing else, it must be a specially coded exception that's probably there because they present serious multiplayer issues. Do they? I've never attempted to co-op Master Levels, personally.

Anyhow, psyched to see there's a sane ordering now. I'd have personally put all of Sleep's maps in direct order, but while Bloodsea and Mephisto are sorta shoved in the middle there, they are indeed in the correct order aside from the interruption. :D

I just wish theyd released Final Doom and Master Levels on the 360 as well, I love the Nerve ports way more (although this version apparently uses ID Tech 5 for its netcode making multiplayer playable for non americans)

I especially liked the XBLA leaderboards, there maxing a level meant something. Now its all speedrun based. Regardless, every official Doom product in one package? I nearly died of excitement when I found out. First I thought it was Doom 1 and 2 from BFG Edition, but then I saw the trophy list and its Master Levels..which have never been entirely available in a proper format on a console before. Final Doom was very unexpected. My first proper Doom experience was the PS1 version, so having EVERYTHING in one is a dream come true.

Quasar said:

>_<

Another quality job from id, I see. Almost as brilliant as including NR4TL without its metadata. Pfft.

Metadata?

Xaser said:

THIS TIMES SIXTEEN HUNDRED. Mega-thanks to whoever did this. :D

They still are in alphabetical order in a way.

First, they are sorted by level. All the ones on slot MAP01 first, then MAP03, MAP05, etc.

And within a map slot, they are sorted alphabetically.

Look here at a time when MancuNET isn't down as a usual.

I emailed Bethesda about the lack of Widescreen support and they said they were going to work on it :) also they are going to fix the lag in Co-Op.

Oh good, they are planning on supporting it post-release.

How about fixing/editing TNT's Smells like a burning corpse track to not destroy ears? :p

A serious(er) suggestion would be fixing coop/DM in the levels that arent selectable if possible, fixing the intermission maps in Doom Episode 1-3 and such things.

Was really surprised that Bethesda emailed me back, whether they stay true to their word is another story and agree with you there, heard some of the midis and they sounded like a cat getting slaughtered haha.

Dragonsbrethren said:

This collection is sort of available on Steam now:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18397/

They still run in DOSBox, not the engine used in the PSN version/BFG Edition. I was hoping the reason the Master Levels got pulled down was so that they could update it to be a little more presentable to modern gamers, but it looks like they took the lazy route.

Do you know if the Final DOOM wads, TNT.WAD and PLUTONIA.WAD, have had their red crosses changed to pills?

Dragonsbrethren said:

but it looks like they took the lazy route.

Which, in this case, is a good thing, since we know id can't be bothered to keep network compatibility when they change graphical resources. :P

Blzut3 said:

Well it looks like I need to update my patch.

Sorry for the slight bump and double post, but if anyone is interested a new version of my patch is up on my website (under small utilities). Hopefully there's no winsxs issues with it.

Violator said:

I emailed Bethesda about the lack of Widescreen support and they said they were going to work on it :) also they are going to fix the lag in Co-Op.

Oh good. The frame rate in co-op is what killed it for me. I'll buy it if they fix that.