Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cypherzR

My Doom Collectors Stuff....

Doom 3 came in a big box?
huh, i never knew that. i thought the DVD-case had become standard by the? *eyeballs my copy of Doom 3*

Never knew Doom 3 hd a big box, and the Uncut label is interesting. Is their a censored version then? Maybe for Germany, I dunno. These are all UKish releases.

But fuck yah, the big red Imp box is always a fucking good one to look at.

Clonehunter said:

These are all UKish releases.

Briton here. This is the first I've seen of that particular Doom 3 release. Some initial research suggests it's a Germany thing (perhaps the big box and "Uncut" label was for hyping purposes, after it initially wasn't available).

jiggins, tell us more.

my doom3 box is big too. i live in the US btw. i remember a lot of games back in the early/mid 2000s had small/big box releases. arcanum and alice come to mind.

Yeah the Big Box of Doom 3 is in German but who could resist buying an unboxed Doom 3 game? i dont mind that the box is in German the rest are in English. best purchase i ever made if im honest haha.

So, what's going on in this thread? Anything sold yet?

The Doom 3 big box is impressive... I completely missed that it came in THAT size. It also came in two semi-big boxes: one that folds open and one that doesn't. The expansion also had a semi-big box.

Waffenak said:

just bought making of doom 3 book, interesting insight to doom 3 making process

I saw that on eBay. Never thought I'd see a whole book about making a game that didn't really make much impact but I'm sure it's interesting because the game was sort of destined to kick ass until it didn't and was eaten by Valve.

DoomCollector said:

So, what's going on in this thread? Anything sold yet?

The Doom 3 big box is impressive... I completely missed that it came in THAT size. It also came in two semi-big boxes: one that folds open and one that doesn't. The expansion also had a semi-big box.

Sorry late reply, nothing mate nothings been sold yet! might re-try ebay unless people are interested on this forum?

Ooooh, nice stuff, and it's a pity you're selling it! I haven't seen a D2 box like that in many many moons..

I was hoping for more of a "collection thread" for everyone to post photos/info of their copies :( I'll pretend that's what it is anyway!

I currently own:

-Doom on SNES
-Doom 1/2 for GBA
-A cool "Doom Title Screen" poster!
-and I used to have a shirt, but it's been long lost.

I haven't had an actual Doom CD in aaages though.. All of my old CD-Rom games were wrongly sold at a garage sale without my consent... (grr..) Thankfully the WAD files are ridiculously easy to back up.

What all have you guys got?

The very first release of Doom3 in the U.K (and Europe?) was a cardboard box containing a double size DVD case and 3 CD's.

EDIT: Like in this Ebay UK auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-DOOM-3-PC-CD-ROM-DOOM-3-WITH-INSTRUCTIONS-MINT-CONDITION-BARGAIN-BID-/281119406802?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item417405bad2

But it was quickly replaced with the now standard DVD in a DVD case.

jiggins said:

Here comes the bad news, im new to this forum and this may sound heartbreaking... but i'm selling them.. anyone interesting just pm me i know what your thinking im not a true doom fan but i really need the money guys and im slowly selling everything i dont use anymore as i need a car..as much sentimental value these items are to me i knew i had to find a place where everyone else is as passionate about doom as i am and hear i am!, sorry if i've broken any rules... just worth a shot.

jiggins

Hey im interested. How much are you asking?

Doomkid92 said:

Ooooh, nice stuff, and it's a pity you're selling it! I haven't seen a D2 box like that in many many moons..

I was hoping for more of a "collection thread" for everyone to post photos/info of their copies :( I'll pretend that's what it is anyway!

I currently own:

-Doom on SNES
-Doom 1/2 for GBA
-A cool "Doom Title Screen" poster!
-and I used to have a shirt, but it's been long lost.

I haven't had an actual Doom CD in aaages though.. All of my old CD-Rom games were wrongly sold at a garage sale without my consent... (grr..) Thankfully the WAD files are ridiculously easy to back up.

What all have you guys got?

I have...

-Doom (playstation)
-Doom (SNES)
Doom 2 (Playstaion)
Final Doom (Playstation)
All The doom floppy disc's
Doom 3 (pc And xbox)
Doom 3 resurrection of evil (xbox)
Doom collectors edition
Doom 3 BFG Edition
Doom 64