Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

Doom 3: GPL Edition

Interesting. It includes the "doomclassic" code as well, and reveals that they do use good old TiMidity for MIDI playback (and kept it triple-licensed).

Also, if you look at the strings, they don't seem to have automap names for the NRFTL and Master Levels maps. Betray is there, though.

The one thing I'm afraid of with this is how it will divide the communities using the original Doom 3 source and BFG source.

What prevents anybody working on a Doom 3 source port to make sure it's compatible with both?

DoomUK said:

WFM.

I was told it was Vista and higher.
Also, a lot of older graphics cards were bumped off the "supported cards" list. Perhaps that can also be addressed.

DoomUK said:

WFM.

I second this.

On Windows XP, nVidia GeFore GTX 560, s GB RAM and I've been able to play BFG Edition with no issues, no hitches, etc.

I haven't played it since the latest update though. Gives me a reason to go back and play through it. :o

Csonicgo said:

Also, a lot of older graphics cards were bumped off the "supported cards" list. Perhaps that can also be addressed.

The more likely case there is that they don't want to respond to requests about that hardware; or they just plain didn't test this build on older hardware. If it works, sweet.

I suppose the only thing that might have changed there is that they removed fixed function support (ie GeForce 4 MX). But that's a completely unsubstantiated claim on my part due to not downloading the source and having a look. It's just one of those things that sounds likely to me due to being a remaster.