Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

Doom2 Meets Zdoom(d2mzd) WIP -- (a doom2 remake wad)-- 14 map demo release!

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Alwaysdoomed said:

well thats a first, someone who doesnt like alot of slopes 0.o

IMO all the excessive slopes look like shit and are bad for gameplay; ZDoom has extremely awkward physics when it comes to sloped surfaces of any kind, and the fact that they are used with complete impunity everywhere is very distracting from the gameplay. There's also a lot of excessive little pits or hills in the ground in virtually every map that makes it impossible for me, personally, to enjoy moving around in any of the maps in the demo you have posted

The effort is good, but you should try making Doom 2 Meets ZDoom instead of Doom 2 With Slopes

Just so you know the 13 map beta is still up and you can play all 11 of the first maps. Let me know if you find any bugs and or balancement issues.

Pottus and myself will be releasing this wad as alpha tests in a series of waves or episodes. Each wave/episode will consist of 9 maps until all the maps are done. So the next wave/episode will be released when 18 maps are finished.

Im sorry its been taking awhile but Pottus and myself have been busy with other stuff and other wads atm.

Excuse me, everyone, I don't know if this has been touched on before, but I'm too lazy to be bothered to find it myself. Anyway, I did this:

I used the rock faces at the walls to get up there, maybe the fence should actually be impassible? Otherwise, it's pretty alright of a mod.

Mr. Chris said:

This utilizes vanilla monsters only, correct?

it has some new monsters.

@the monitor ya that still needs to be fixed, thanks for reminding =]

Looking for people to test this wad out for me and tell me if they find glitches. Once I figure out all the glitches I will fix them and release a new version with all the glitches fixed.

This wad is for zdoom, so dont tell me about any bugs you find in other doom ports.

I will show some screenshots of downtown later this week.

Alwaysdoomed said:

Looking for people to test this wad out for me and tell me if they find glitches. Once I figure out all the glitches I will fix them and release a new version with all the glitches fixed.

This wad is for zdoom, so dont tell me about any bugs you find in other doom ports.

I will show some screenshots of downtown later this week.

I'm willing to test at least to experience how it looks and feels ingame... unless there are a limited number of testers. Just cuz' I'm not professional.

Theres no limit to the testers, just download and play and tell me if you find any bugs.

The download link is on the First post.

If you download it please post any bugs you find.

Alwaysdoomed said:

Theres no limit to the testers, just download and play and tell me if you find any bugs.

The download link is on the First post.

If you download it please post any bugs you find.

Of course! Got it, but only wanna see tomorrow, since it's late. Anyway, keep up with the good work!

Found a few bugs, one of the monster closets near the start doesn't open up after you get the armor, also, on Map11, there is an invisible wall in the red key area and for map35, there is no exit.

Alwaysdoomed said:

havnt really been working on this project because I ran out of ideas for the map Down Town.

if you need inspiration, try looking at Dark Tartarus map 29. one of my favorite maps in the series.

Pure Hellspawn said:

if you need inspiration, try looking at Dark Tartarus map 29. one of my favorite maps in the series.

I will make sure to check that out because I could definitely use some inspiration if I want to continue on this project.

I literally made like 5 versions of downtown and scrapped them all. I almost think downtown is a pretty solid map that doesnt need much changing.