Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lippeth

Launch problem with GZDoom/Dancing weapons in Zdoom

Anytime I try and launch Gzdoom to see what it's all about, my screen resolution changes and gives my computer a mild stroke, all while playing the title screen music saying

"Code: C0000005 (Access Violation - tried to write address 00000040)
Address: 049BE094"

I'd also like to ask an unrelated question to all you indexes of knowledge: Is there a way to disable the way enemies drop weapons in ZDoom and Zandronum? I know it's a minute animation that doesn't hurt anybody, but it's really annoying. What's wrong with a shotgun appearing on the ground without doing a little jig to get there? Is there a way I can change the source code to not have dancing weapons? I have virtually zero programming knowledge but I have excellent copy and paste skills. Thank you for at least considering my problems.

For weapon drops, in the compatibility options menu, there is an option "Spawn item drops on the floor" that turns it off.

Sweet. I always had a feeling it was in there somewhere. Thanks for that. I don't know why I find it so annoying.

Do I really have to set it up every time I launch the game? It saves the fact that I want strict doom rules, but leaves everything at NO when I launch it again. Not a big deal, though.

Hmmm, I thought that the sv_dropstyle setting could be used to set things to the vanilla-like behaviour but on checking it only supports ZDoom "standard" style and Strife style (which I personally prefer).