Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Strange things are afoot

schwerpunk said:

DoomUK was actually making a little joke, there. If you decipher his sentence, you'll see the signs of this. From the comma nested, capitalized 'sirs,' to the overly flowery language, he's poking fun at himself as much as anyone. No one could ever employ suchlike diction while maintaining an unbroken countenance. **

You're reading that only in the context of a single post. Let's be honest here: given the conflicts that DoomUK and I have as of recent, there is a lot of context that can be put in, like a passive-aggressive joke for example.

So here's my attempt at a simple explanation for the forced universal ignorance:
A member named "God" was trying to turn us away from indulging in DOOM. He will repent his sin!

Doom Marine said:

Another observation I'd like to make, is that you come off as passive-aggressive in your retorts, you may not mean it to come across that way, but you really do.

Nothing says "Clever lad" like preemptive self-preservation. However I respond to this, even by not responding at all, it's going to make you feel good about yourself. I can't deny you that, of course.

On a note related to the thread topic, I just realized that the post by God here says that he is on my ignore list. I'm certain I never added God to my ignore list though.....

EDIT - Welp, just re-read Bloodshedder's post. NEVERMIND

Kirby said:

I'm certain I never added God to my ignore list though.....

God moves in mysterious ways. ;-)

ignore lists are awesome. If this were my forum I'd ban the shit out of a lot of people here, but it's not and so the ignore list works pretty well. By the way I don't really know what this threads about but I like it so far.

40oz said:

If this were my forum I'd ban the shit out of a lot of people here

Sounds like a horrible forum.

Yeah, I think the problem would correct itself as no one would have any reason to stick around. So..well done.

40oz said:

ignore lists are awesome. If this were my forum I'd ban the shit out of a lot of people here, but it's not and so the ignore list works pretty well. By the way I don't really know what this threads about but I like it so far.

Would the ban list include people who loves modern games?