Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Claustrophobia 1024 3?

If you want to play 2 monster maps:
Doom - E2M8, E2M9
Doom II - MAP01, MAP07, MAP31, MAP32

DooMer 4ever said:

I like the 1024 and 2 monsters idea. But how about restricting weapons to 2 as well?

LOL 2 weapons is better than 2 monsters I think!

Pistol and fist means no other weapons can be placed on the map!

(But I'm going to assume you mean two weapons other than the starting ones...)

j4rio said:

I thought 2 monsters would work well enough if it was the only restriction.

2048 kinda sounds like regular short map rather than serious restriction.

I agree with you on both of these. In fact, after reading this thread and seeing all of these limit ideas, I think me making a small map set using the various limits might be in order, as a pure "just for fun" exercise.

Katamori said:

LOL 2 weapons is better than 2 monsters I think!

I've given limiting weapons a go once* or twice** (maybe*** more****). It's kind of fun as a mapper to balance encounters for your two choices!

You'd need to kill the player between maps or use scripting to enforce having only certain weapons though.

*Scars of the Wounded Prey (chaingun and rocket launcher, with a secret plasma gun)
**Justice - Infernal Mechanics (scythe weapon [with powerful combos and an alt-fire "light beam"] and rocket launcher, with a secret Serious Bomb)
***Tiny Pack 1: Tiny Chances of Survival (fist [berserk if you can find it] and shotgun for 5 tiny levels)
****White Light: 2010 Edition (shotgun and aforementioned scythe)
(All ZDoom)

I'm currently working on a 1024 map for GZDoom that is confined to 1024 on the X and Y axis but just goes up and up and up on the Z axiz. It's a complete pain in the arse keeping track of all the reference sectors to be honest.

So what about a GZDoom (or ZDoom) megawad called 1024 Cubed, where the limit is 1024x1024x1024 ?

I like 2 monsters and 1024^2, a little iffy on texture/flat limits. A mix of the two sounds a bit too restrictive to me, but I haven't made either before.