Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

My username means nothing. I just made that one up, then I found out that some african village is called Sokoro.

Well since I changed my username recently I'll make an update to this post I made back then. My name does still mean that I'm radioactive and explosive, only there's not "Studios" in my username anymore.

@Imp I bet the game you're taking about was not really advanced and had weird pink things too?

It's a family nickname in the Spring family so instead of thinking of a new one I stuck with the family nickname.

"Harmata" means "cannon" in Ukrainian. First version was Vasyl (my name) Harmata, because it sounds funny in Russian and Ukrainian, but it was too long. In Xonotic i also have cute little gun at the end.

esselfortium said:

I just can't get enough sod, you see. You might call me a sodaholic.

esselfortium said:

I find it easier to go on living when I have some sod to comfort me.

No, damn it, it's SODA-holic, not SOD-aholic! Jeez man!

waiting for vdgg,gggmork,j4rio,sav88,jc,kimo xvirus,phml,Qaatar,xitvono and stx vile's explanations....as im unable to conclude any thing out of these names particularly:)

There was once a woman who wanted a small child but didn't know where to get one. So she went to a witch for help.

"A little child?" said the witch. "That's easy. Here's a magic seed. Plant it in a flower pot and see what happens!" The woman thanked the witch, paid her with a piece of silver, and went home to plant the magic seed. As soon as it touched the soil, the seed grew into a tulip, whose flower opened with a pop. In the middle of the flower sat a tiny girl.

"Why, the pretty little thing is hardly as big as my thumb!" cried the woman. "I am going to call her Thumbelina."

The woman made Thumbelina a bed from a walnut shell. Instead of going out, Thumbelina played on the kitchen table. Her favorite game was sailing across a bowl of water in a boat made from a tulip leaf. As she sailed, she sang in a high, sweet voice.

One night, an old toad got in through an open window and hopped down onto the kitchen table. "just the wife for my son!" the toad declared when it saw Thumbelina sleeping in her tiny bed. The toad picked up the walnut shell and hopped out through the window into the garden. At the bottom of the garden, there was a stream with muddy banks, and that was where the old toad lived with her son. He was even damper and uglier than his mother. When he saw the pretty little girl asleep in the walnut shell, all could say, "Ribbik! Ribbiks!", "Not so loud!" whispered the old toad. "If you wake her up, she'll run away. We'll put her on a water lily leaf in the middle of the stream so she won't be able to escape. Then we clear out the best room for the wedding."

In the morning, when she woke up, Thumbelina was startled to find herself on a big green leaf in the middle of a stream.

The End.

I have this user name on a couple other forums as well, which I was registered at before I registered at Doomworld. Since I work on mods, I stuck with it for the sake of consistency and to avoid confusion. But anyway, when originally coming up with it a few years ago, I thought it was important to have a screen name that referred to my addiction, which is also often part of what keeps me working on things like game projects, school, and keeps both hemispheres of my brain going at full speed. It's my lifeblood.

Or, to put it in simpler terms: because I fucking love caffeine.

Obsidian said:

And then John was a zombie.

I don't know why I'm laughing so hard at this, probably because I can't understand how you even got to it...

massacre - a cheat code from Heretic
bosco - My nickname

I still don't know why I chose this cheat code as a part of my username. May be ........... just cool.

PRIMEVAL said:

No, I'm a primeval.

I wonder if this is what will happen every time someone says "John was a zombie" :D

Mine is the result of being way too tired when I registered...Ragnor is my second name (Long story short, I have two families, one adoptive, one blood, and have two seperate names), its norwegian and is based on the very famous word/term Ragnarok. I almost always use Devalaous for my username, which is from a set of stories based on RPGs that I wrote in my teenage years, Devalaous was the second form of a recurring demonic entity, where the three forms were all based on the words devil and demon (Diavalos, Devalaous, Daemonaous). I'd request a name change, but I dont wont the few people that recognise me to not know who on earth I am :p

That and my custom title that I love would probably be changed.

eargosedown said:

The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

I always assumed it was "ear goes down", maybe some obscure rabbit reference, ie Doom's ending. But I guess I think too much about such things.

I also assumed "Eris Falling" was a Drakengard 2 reference...but then I remembered most members here seem to hate consoles

"Xaser" is probably my favourite username here, so simple yet so unique.

I thought I was being clever and cool when coming up with valkiriforce instead of valkyrieforce, until I remembered that I had heard it before from this game.

eargosedown said:

The one I use here makes no fucking sense. I don't even know why young-me used it.

Ragnor said:

I always assumed it was "ear goes down", maybe some obscure rabbit reference, ie Doom's ending. But I guess I think too much about such things.

I can easily one-up Ragnor in the over-thinking department. I always thought it was a deliberate misspelling of "Ergo, sit down"; a cryptic reference to something only she's in full familiarity with.