Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSLAYER

Brutal Hexen and Zandronum.

Have a strange problem. Currently running hexen with doomsday. When I try to play it with zandronum it says fatal error. What should I do to fix this?

DOOMSLAYER said:

Have a strange problem. Currently running hexen with doomsday. When I try to play it with zandronum it says fatal error. What should I do to fix this?

You should be a bit more descriptive, what is the EXACT error you are getting and which WADs are you using?

That's what it says. All it says. "Fatal error". Using hexen v1.1 when I try loading without doomsday engine it opens just the page with the skeleton bones connecting and then stops.

Given that Doomsday doesn't replicate Hexen's "load progress" animation it sounds like you are trying to run hexen.exe directly? What do the two projects in the thread title have to do with it?

Isn't Brutal HeXen is a ZDooM mod?
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34906

And Running Hexen with Doomsday engine is not related about your topic name(Running Brutal HeXen with Zandronum), isn't it?

I'm confusing about your post, seriously.

DOOMSLAYER said:

I'm wanting to play a mod for hexen with zandronum. Won't work for anything else.

Zandronum isn't up-to-date with current ZDooM, and Brutal HeXen is may needed most recently ZDooM versions (2.6.x or SVN) so it may not works at all, maybe you needed wait the author make a Zandronum version of this mod.

Yeah, I am missing something. Not sure what but it wont load with Zandronum. I downloaded ZDoom tho, and it plays fine. So it all worked out. Thanks for the help.