Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Springy

Porting Freedoom to the PSP?

Anyway to actually do this and if so, how would I go about doing this? I ask because I don't really like the controls for the iPod touch when I'm on the move and would prefer too play with PSP controls.

You do not port Freedoom. Just use prboom or prboom-plus with Freedoom. Freedoom is just a resources iwad.

There is probably a prboom port out there. Just swap iwads.

Catoptromancy said:

You do not port Freedoom. Just use prboom or prboom-plus with Freedoom. Freedoom is just a resources iwad.

There is probably a prboom port out there. Just swap iwads.

I am aware of what Freedoom is but thanks. So with PrBoom, how would I get that on the PSP? EDIT: Before you ask I know what PrBoom is as I have both + and standard latest copies but what I mean is, is there a way to actually get PrBoom (or any source port) to function on the PSP?

Doesn't this topic belong in the source ports section?

This section is more for permissive libre art/level assets for freedoom than the engine itself

gnudist said:

Doesn't this topic belong in the source ports section?

This section is more for permissive libre art/level assets for freedoom than the engine itself

I put the topic in here because it's more relating to freedoom but you do have a point.

I don't have a PSP myself, but a friend of mine used the one under this blog post of wololo.net. Apparently you need something called Half Byte Loader. Since you're asking this question I'm assuming you already have it hacked so you can run homebrew.

Let me know how it works, alternative ports fascinate me.