Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang

21st December, do you believe about the Apocalypse?

Just 6 days left to the 2012 Apocalypse. Till now, I still can't find any signs that this will really happens. Some of my classmates and tutors had mentioned it before, none of them believe about the apocalypse, so as me. So how about you guys? If you believe it, what you hope to do for these "last" few days?

It's complete gobshite.
And if I'm wrong, then it won't matter, I won't be laughed at, we'll all be dead anyway.

No, the people who were studying the Mayans forgot about the fact the Mayans were wiped out and could never update their calenders anymore which is why it stops on believed date, not that I ever believe in apocalypses anyway.

Also what timezone is it supposed to be in?

Eris Falling said:

It's complete gobshite.

Phobus said:

No, because I'm not a massive fucking idiot.

Pretty much covers everything I could say.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

... Till now, I still can't find any signs that this will really happens. ...

Missing Cacowards (WARES) ?

DoomGuy2000 release something that is not complete garbage (but still pretty close)
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17041 ?

Non-existant project see the light of the day and gets playtested in TNS
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/62529-back-to-saturn-x-episode-i-released-0-99e-critical-map21-fix/ ?

We are going to hell really fast!
Joking aside, NO. It will surely happen one day, extinction of life on the Earth, but I do not expect to be still alive around that time.

Sokoro said:

We are going to hell really fast!

Once we beat the big badasses and clear out the moonbase.

Joking aside, NO. It will surely happen one day, extinction of life on the Earth, but I do not expect to be still alive around that time.

The Earth should be uninhabitable in about a billion years, doesn't matter how eco-friendly the human race gets or some shit, that huge ball of hydrogen that is the Sun is still going to get hotter and hotter, and eventually destroy everything within 100 million miles or so.

I don't believe it'll happen. But then after the 21st has passed there'll be just a small little inexplicable sliver of disappointment inside of me.

"Oh. That's a pity. Something exciting could've happened."

Avoozl said:

No, the people who were studying the Mayans forgot about the fact the Mayans were wiped out and could never update their calenders anymore which is why it stops on believed date, not that I ever believe in apocalypses anyway.

Also what timezone is it supposed to be in?

Who thinks there will be an apocalypse on 31st of december? No one, even the people who write a book about the apocalypse (and who make a lot of money with it).

The only thing I'm not looking forward to on that date are all the undoubtedly stupid acts and whatnot that believers will more than likely commit.

EDIT: Oh and...

termrork said:

well just type iddqd at 21. dec and nothing will harm you!

But what if the 21st specializes in telefragging?

I think we should all go find these people who believe the world will end, make contracts to take all their belongings on the 21st, and then laugh at them when nothing happens and we've legally taken all their shit. Yeah, I really am that evil :D.

But really, I don't think there are that many people that believe anything will happen.

buttspit said:

But what if the 21st specializes in telefragging?

idclip too, then.

The trouble with shit like this is that there are actually some people out there dumb enough to believe it, so much that they would happily toss all morals aside and do absolutely stupid/illegal things before or when the day finally arrives.

For theirs and our sake, lets hope these people are so stupid to know what they're doing as well, preventing anything potentially awful happening.