Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CarpetolA said:

This is one of the best WADs I've played this year, definitely! The atmosphere, architecture, gameplay, everything is great so far! However, I'm still on MAP01 because of one thing. The exit doors won't open. Is there a switch I have missed or are the polyobjects faulty?

There is a button on the wall opposite the door. It may have been obscured by the fireball decals, it's happened a few times during the hundreds of tests of that map. :P

Starscream said:

There is a button on the wall opposite the door. It may have been obscured by the fireball decals, it's happened a few times during the hundreds of tests of that map. :P

Oh, OK. Damn mancubus... =P

Nice maps. The gameplay was very fun and the detail was top notch. I didn't enjoy the last boss fight though. It dragged on for too long with the same thing over and over with 4 bosses.

Well, fuck me senseless with a spoon. I want to see this WAD among the other Cacoward-winners tomorrow! I just finished it and this is most definitely THE most ambitious wad I have ever witnessed! =D

Mechadon said:

The shots look fantastic and I've been keeping my eyes on this. But I have a hard time believing GZDoom will like running this map on my computer :P

Yeah, this map looks great but it errors in the commands while loading up, so I can't play it. I am using GZDoom, is that the wrong port?

VylePhinder said:

Yeah, this map looks great but it errors in the commands while loading up, so I can't play it. I am using GZDoom, is that the wrong port?

Make sure to have the most recent version of gzdoom which is 1.6.00.

mouldy said:

this link sorted out my problem loading it

Thank you! That worked for me, too, which is more than I can say for my framerate while playing this, though, lol

EDIT:

I guess my computer was just bugging out or something, I've been playing it again, and it's not lagging at all, so far.

Good game with some fresh, exciting visuals, but I have to agree that the boss fights, though superbly realized, seemed a bit cloying when you always have to fight at least two in succession in even early episodes. I haven't played the final episode yet since I'm kind of stuck battling the boss and his many minions at the end of EP2. It's quite challenging. Also had a problem with the end of one map with monster closets being opened and ice revenants frozen there, not activated until a certain script event is triggered. It was disappointing to see my first encounter with these cool baddies in the form of a bug, But this is really one of the best & most ambitious wads for Doom ever, and I foresee it being even better with later revisions & versions.

This wad is bloody quality!

However...

I'm on the final final final boss fight and there is no more ammo, even chipping away at him with all the shotgun shells and bullets I dont have enough, and as it is thats a really laborious way to fight the final boss (if it is the final boss??). I didn't even have enough rockets and plasma to take care of the ones before him.

Other than that its fantastic stuff

found a bug symmetrical to the one reported by kyka. this time linedef 3267 + running/jumping back. i even got a pig stuck in it!
http://i.imgur.com/83uGM.jpg

i think the pig made the sector not go all the way up when i ran away from monsters, then it desyced with the rest of them when i called it down. oh and when you jump down, it gives you XRAY SIGHT!
http://i.imgur.com/heK2A.png
http://i.imgur.com/x5Pzt.jpg

Overally this is a great mapset. These are probably the most detailed DOOM levels ever created. But I thought some monsters near the end were really overpowered with their projectile-barrage attacks. This coupled with the fact that the pre-final map was running at 1 frame per 2 seconds for a significant time after each reload made me cheat through it and the final battle. Frankly, after seeing the chaos that happens there I really didn't feel like finishing it properly.

a couple of nitpicks as i play along.

i think his title shoud say corpOral, it does that in the cutscene between 4a and 4b:
http://i.imgur.com/b0TC0.png

the RL sprite isn't compatible with 19:6 resolutions:
http://i.imgur.com/diNRy.jpg

and the cutscene between 4a and 4b says something like "It's ammo is rare." should be "Its ammo...", sans the apostrophe.

some of the scenery i've encountered is simply stunning... despite the endless shades of gray, all the time, everywhere. :p

saving during the cyberdemon fight in map04 resulted in gzdoom locking up, at least for me (consistently). i'm not saying it's necessarily the wad's fault, i'm having all sorts of trouble just trying to run gzdoom, but i thought it'd be appropriate to mention it. oh and that cyb fight is SOOOOO much better than the (rather lame) scripted boss battle with the electric monster.

and another silly nitpick... http://i.imgur.com/IkTx3.png
no. noooo, no no no no. they wield plasmaguns and there's insane tech everywhere around, that apc just has to be unimaginably advanced. but this elite force's motorized progress is stopped because they run out of fuel? that's lame, cheesy, b-grade... i started laughing after reading it. can't it be more plausible, like hitting a point on the road that was too narrow or blocked for riding through? (this may seem like a silly issue to bring up, but your wad is 250% about immersion, don't kill it with goofy screenplay.)

EDIT: i nearly forgot. the fight in the RK arena in map04b is easily cheesed by running up the elevator. it actually looks bad, because you see how flat the sprites are from up top: http://i.imgur.com/mTfPW.png
of course, it ends with an unfair monster massacre: http://i.imgur.com/6HztV.png
and as a bonus, here's a caco wearing another caco's corpse as a hat: http://i.imgur.com/FUMVX.jpg

Magnificent look, presentation\atmosphere and so on... in terms of gameplay it looks like a modern FPS. Good, somewhat fast paced but not too much replay value.

I'm not complaining of course... this is a must have Mod

Looks damn sexy, will have to give this a go at some point.

//EDIT: Completed map01, awesomesauce indeed.

Some of those screenshots make my little Doomguy hard. Definitely playing this.

Looks pretty good, enjoying it so far. I've been waiting forever for it to move beyond the demo/beta stage.

Finally got around to fixing a bunch of the small bugs, and so here is a version 1.1.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0dd66zfhkcq2ok

It's pretty much only got small changes here and there, some of them gameplay while others are purely aesthetic. (Yeah, there is more ammo on the final boss now). If you have already played, you don't really need to get this new version. But don't let me decide for you, there is probably still plenty of secrets to find on a second play through...

Thanks for the comments everyone, I hope you had some form of fun playing this mod. Now to go throw another 4 years at another project. :P

I'm enjoying what I've played so far, but now I'm stuck on the first boss level. I got him down to 75%, after that, he just disappeared via teleportation. I've ran everywhere in the room trying to activate something that would bring him back, but he has appeared to chickened out

Is there a certain time in where he should come back or is there some obscure linedef that needs to activated?

you need to pick up the stuff that spawns on the ground. it's a rather questionable obligatory trigger.

I think I've encountered a bug in MAP06B. After the boss dies, the game insta-teleports me to a position facing the closed hangar door and takes away control of the character, and then nothing happens. GZDoom doesn't lock up or anything, rather it's like there's supposed to be a cutscene but it doesn't start (and in fact, the HUD and everything are still up, and I can bring up the automap, it's just the movement keys don't work). I've tried waiting a little while in the hopes that a scripted event would start, but nothing seems to take place.

Any advice on what to do, including how I can continue short of loading a much earlier savegame, would be great.

e: Update: I went ahead and did the fight from the midpoint autosave and the cutscene worked this time. The first time, I didn't even get the white fade-out that was apparently supposed to occur as the boss died--just a much longer sequence of him exploding, followed by the mod stalling as described. I don't know what I did to break it the first time around, but I'm back on track now.

ive finally finished it. it's gorgeous looking, no doubt about that. beautiful. i've really enjoyed the regular maps on the hardest difficulty. i suspect there's not much replayability for another playthrough, but the first one was a treat. the frozen enemies just command much more respect and it helps the intended atmosphere, good job. i also applaud your decision to remove backpacks, you controlled ammo in suspenseful amounts with it.

i tend to hate boss battles in all games, so i rather suffered through the boss maps. the last map (on hardest skill) was way too far beyond my pain threshold, so i cheated through - hard, undersupplied and sssssoooo drawn out. :P the frozen cyb was also a burden, his hits hurt, but otherwise he's easy to avoid and just too resilient, so it takes forever to end it (also saving during his fights crashed my gzdoom). on the other hand the flying cyb fight was brilliant, i've enjoyed that very much. other than that i thought your regular cyb and mastermind fights were much more creative and fun than the cheesy arenas for beefed up bosses.

i have certain reservations, but overall this was very well done. that's not a bad resume from an OS freak, right? :)

Just had a look at this after reading the cacowards, and now that ive actually seen many screenshots....I can safely say my jaw dropped, and stayed there. I have a thing for wintery ice/snow maps on anything, so playing it was a guaranteed thing, but...now I have to play it, right away.

I'm getting a decorate error when I try and run it. I've used both Skulltag and GZDoom and it won't start :(

pyrix said:

I'm getting a decorate error when I try and run it. I've used both Skulltag and GZDoom and it won't start :(

I was having the same problem. Then Larzuck told me:

Make sure to have the most recent version of gzdoom which is (was) 1.6.00.