Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melon

Doom the Way id Did : The Lost Episodes demos [complevel 3]

I was all happy about my yellow key bump on e4m1 but you guys just totally annihilated it. :(

Anyway, I had the urge to do a bunch of punching, so have a tyson!

e2m3 Tyson in 6:32

l2e3t632.zip

Melon said:

I was all happy about my yellow key bump on e4m1 but you guys just totally annihilated it. :(

Our demos don't make yours less interesting/worthy.

E3M1 Pacifist in 0:41

l3e1p041.zip

Don't worry, I said that as a joke. I find it quite funny that I find a bug that massively speeds up the level then somebody else immediately finds another one that's better.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but the current release of LE is not final, nor was I planning on keeping v1.0 perma-hosted once v1.1 comes up (which should be /idgames-able). Given that most maps are receiving tweaks of some sort, I'm not sure if many of these demos will survive the transition.

You might want to increase your resolution for recording a video. That 240p looks really bad after processing.

that still looks like absolute shit - what are you using to record and process your video files? it could be a fun demo but no one is going to watch it with that quality.

I dont get you. It looks and sounds OK to me. Recorded by Fraps half-size from 800x600, no compression after. No mic anymore. I see everything and there are no artifacts on vid. There is no reason for Doom video to be HD.

OK, so - on Internet Explorer it shows 360p and looks nice, but on Mozilla Firefox it shows 240p and looks like my ass. It must be explorer/flash player related problem... but on IE its nice.

I wasn't aware flash and html5 gave different resolutions, but you are right. All my internet browsers use html5 as default, I set chrome to use flash and I got the 360p option which looks good enough I guess. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help make the 360p option appear in html5.