Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Doom Year Resolutions

I'm interested to know what your Doom related resolutions are for what will be a landmark year for Doom and what you've got planned for 2013.

Give me some stuff to look forward to :-)

Do some progress on AutoDoom, maybe. It depends on how I progress on Automatic Wolfenstein and learn the various ways of bot learning before I commit to something more complex and dynamic, like Eternity (AutoDoom codebase).

Either that, or anything new that has to do with Doom programming.

Predictably for a mapper, the one doom-related thing I'd like to accomplish more than anything is to finish my own duke-nukem-forever of a project that I've been "working" on for far longer than it should require or deserve.

finish my boom megawad 2012, despite the fact I'm too late and the world has already ended................oh wait
Ok get to grips with my own projects and not apply for every single community project going and being overload with maps to do.

I'm going to try to play more by being more involved in DW Megawad club and ZDaemon TNS. Hopefully there'll be more co-op in Odamex too.

Project-wise I should have Hadephobia out early in the year as testing is in the latter stages and I'd like to start on a sizeable project of my own, since my last non-community releases are old and not really representative of my current ability or style.

I'm still hoping to contribute to community stuff. I'm hoping D2TWiD gets relaunched as I'd like to make 2 or 3 more submissions for that and as soon as the resources are ready I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into Interception II. I can see myself taking a couple more slots if the first one runs smoothly.

There's a few projects I've already been involved in that I'm looking forward to the release of next year including Bedlam, Interception and TNT2.

I might also play through Doom 3 for the first time. I hope there's enough time in the year for all this stuff!

I must finally de-IWADify my lovely megawad, consisting of my first levels, and release it. That chapter of my life goes on for waaay to long.

Next year, I hope to contribute to another megawad, since I should be done with Doom 2 In Name Only. I don't have any other maps to do for it, and hoping everyone can finish their maps by the end of June. So I'm sure something will turn up.

Memfis said:

Stop wasting my life on stupid games, get a girlfriend, etc?

Suppose I can try again at this. Though it didn't go too well this year :/

Memfis said:

Stop wasting my life on stupid games, get a girlfriend, etc?

Cave in to the pressure of what society thinks you should do with your life instead of what you enjoy? Yes please!

Antroid said:

Cave in to the pressure of what society thinks you should do with your life instead of what you enjoy? Yes please!

This man understands things.

Finish and upload the rest of my Panophobia maps.

Finish and upload The Crusher for the Doom 2 In Name Only project.

Finish and upload 5-7 maps for my Slow Rot project for ZDoom.

Complete Alien Vendetta on UV without cheating; I'm currently up to map 15. (Anyone else think Nemesis is one of the most awesome maps ever, until you realise it's gone on for too long?)

Complete Hell Revealed and Hell Revealed 2 on UV without cheating.

I can't get across how horrified I am at the thought of Dark Dome, Monstrous Hordes, Whispering Shadows, Firewalk With Me etc on UV, so it will be a significant boost if I can beat them.

I have tried HR2 before and I don't really want to talk about it :\ ;)

Eris Falling said:

I want to complete the IWADs next year on UV. My last attempt saw me get stuck on Refuelling Base.

I don't want to be "that guy", but Doom 2 really isn't all that hard to play through on UV.

Plutonia on UV? Now we're talking.

- Give TNT and Plutonia another go, it's been too long since last time.

- Hopefully, Nova: The Birth Megawad will be released, which would see my first levels see the light of day, if you dont count a crappy mapset of two maps I did back in 2010.

Complete and release my megawad - Manic Miner DOOM!!
It'll be a 20 level megawad based on the level names from the ZX Spectrum version of the uber classic Manic Miner. I may then do a further 12 levels based on level names from other versions. We will see though!!

Antroid said:

I don't know where you got the impression that I want to conform to the norm or something like that. I just think sometimes that maybe I should socialize a bit because people seem to be interesting species, and they probably can give me a lot more than games or my other activities.

All sorts of resolutions to yourself can usually kiss my ass. But I shall humor both myself and everyone else.

1. Quit slacking (generally.)

2. Get a goddamn job. And preferably that fits my profession. (Some places wants welders/metalworkers, but when I get there, I get some other position NOT fitting my profession. How cool.)

3. Quit slacking (again!)

4. Reduce the amount you play games, and do something more productive.

5. Quit slacking you fuck.

6. Publish a small mapset all done by myself.

7. Quit sl- Oh nevermind.

Realist in me knows how this is gonna end. Optimist in me thinks I can do these.

Mine would be to finish the rest of the E1 replacement I worked on earlier this year but so far haven't got the motivation to finish E1M3 or even E1M2 yet. :/ So I guess you can say mine is to release something in 2013. Then work get started on my planned TC.

Mine's simple: I'm going to finally sit down and finish a single map WAD. I haven't really recovered from losing my previous best attempt in The Great HDD Crash of 2012. :(