Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scientist

Pim Fortuyn shot

I did hear about this one.

a "Gay Right-wing" polly? Was he shot for being gay, or being right-wing? maybe someone decided that having a Gay Right-wing politician might cause a paradox, which threatened the fabric of space-time.

good for him. :P

They've caught the guy that probably shot him six minutes after the first report. He was at a nearby gas station still holding his gun (Hooray for stupidity).

I'm pretty sure Pim wasn't shot for being gay. More likely someone didn't like his plans.
Reports say the shooter's some nature/environment activist. He was an important member of the VMO (Verening Milieu-Offensief) which wants to improve the situation for animals. This VMO is based in Wageningen. That's where I live!
Anyhow the VMO denies any involvement. It seems the shooter Volkert van der G. operated alone. Nevertheless one might think "green" issues were a motive.
I'm not allowed to give you the suspects full name but this guy has publiced a lot of animal liberation propaganda on the web so you should not have a hard time finding it.

A newspaper I read today stated that this activist was very 'militaristic' and well-known to the police. Pim talked for animal experiments and such - this could have enraged this activist freak.

fodders said:

The killer

Heh, looks my sister's ex-husband.

Lüt said:

Scary, very scary.

Lüt said:

ITS TEH CONSPRIACYY!!!#$#@%$

Seriously though, I had heard about this...someone was talking about it in #zdoom.

dsm said:

Scary, very scary.

Heh, not really, he was cool guy, gave me some WADs back in the day, he just turned out to be a sap.

Lüt said:

Heh, not really, he was cool guy, gave me some WADs back in the day, he just turned out to be a sap.

Heh, he was a Doomer?

Archvile64 said:

Heh, he was a Doomer?

Not hardcore, but yeah, at the time.

I can just see the next headlines now.
'Political Assassin worshipped sick violent computer game'

Spike said:

'Political Assassin worshipped sick violent computer game'

Heh well I'm pretty sure it's not him, although I haven't seen him in about 5 years so, heh, could be.

The opposition Christian Democrats have won the election according to early exit polls, with the party of murdered Pim Fortuyn tying for second place with two others.