Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Doom Year Resolutions

Memfis said:

I don't know where you got the impression that I want to conform to the norm or something like that. I just think sometimes that maybe I should socialize a bit because people seem to be interesting species, and they probably can give me a lot more than games or my other activities.

Eh, it wasn't aimed at your case directly, just that kind of sentiment. If you genuinely feel that whatever you enjoy starts seeming stupid, more power and a good luck wish to you, don't misunderstand! Often though people really enjoy something, but the societal norms keep chipping away at their enjoyment because whatever they do isn't deemed worty or serious enough. That sort of situation annoys me. :\

j4rio said:

Be even more unproductive than I'm now (not sure if possible).

Your aim should be to make a map which is even more insane than okuplok's map which is insane compared to holy hell :P

Figure out how I can utilize my time even more wisely. I often spend hours with doom and have no finished products as a result. Figure out a mapping process that's even faster and more efficient so I can complete maps more often. Concentrate on making more smaller releases instead of giant ones that get too overwhelming to work on on my own. Consider the possibility of finding and forming a bond with a "mapping partner" that I can talk exclusively about doom with. Recognize that user feedback is way more important than I spent the past 6 months believing.

Play exclusively on UV, with no saves/autosaves; the other difficulties will no longer exist as anything. First megawads to venture through are HR and AV.

EDIT: I would really like to finish the mapset I had planned out for Doom 64 EX.

Actually start working on the ideas I've got in my head. I've had them for ages, I just can't be arsed making them. X-D

Release Cybernity.

Release Swift Death.

Finish my BTSX's map, (for January of course :P ).

Make my map for Interception: part II.

Edit, Oh and of course, to finish my Necromantic Thirst's maps, as DeathevokatioN, I hope that this megawad will eventually to release one day!

Finish playing the 2012 Cacoward nominees
Play the 1999/2000 Top 10 WADs
Keep somewhat current with the 2013 Cacoward hopefuls
Bug guys like Snakes and the Necromantic team to finish their super-cool megaWADs

My Doom year resolution is to start making more maps for Doom like I used to, and focus more on Doom64EX support.

Kaiser said:

My Doom year resolution is to start making more maps for Doom like I used to

That reminds me, what happened to those Hexen maps and hub you were working on, are you still planing to work on them?

Half-finish Remnant.
Finish Panophobia map.
Finish secret mod.
Learn to draw.

Learning the art of speedmap wouldn't be bad either.

Play and finish Doom 64, either when 64EX's 360 controller support on Windows 7 works, or when I just use Xpadder instead.

Play and complete HacX 1.2

Complete Strife.

Complete Hexen, then Deathkings of the Dark Citadel

Complete Episodes 3 to 5 of Heretic

Complete Doom 3 BFG Edition in full, along with Doom Classic Complete. That means completing Doom 1 2 and NRFTL twice on PS3

Play Xaser's lost episode based on the alpha and PSX Doom after procrastinating for too long

Complete the commercial Doom mods (Hell to Pay, Perdition's Gate, Lost Episodes)

Complete the new version of the PSX Doom TC

Possibly finish Alien Vendetta this year

Test more TNT2 maps and hopefully find worthwhile feedback for the mappers

Ragnor said:

when 64EX's 360 controller support on Windows 7 works

Well the 360 controller works with Doom64EX on my windows 7 pc so I don't see why you can't get it to work.

I hope to make demos more consistently throughout this new year, unlike now when I burned out near the end.

I also hope to finish some long overdue COMPET-N projects.

Memfis said:

Stop wasting my life on stupid games, get a girlfriend, etc?

I tried that WAD once; it was a little iffy but I think they could really benefit if they make it limit-removing.

Damn, two more things occurred to me for Doom year resolutions.

1: Finish my Strife map then from this learn to make hubs and iprove upon my ACS (I only know how to do reflective floors and text).
2: Make sense of goddamn coding so I can start my source port.

Avoozl said:

That reminds me, what happened to those Hexen maps and hub you were working on, are you still planing to work on them?

I still intend on working on it and it will be one of my primary projects that I will focus on next year. Though I do plan on down-scoping some things.

Well I guess I do have a few DYRs I want to do:
1. Make and complete my first DooM map.
2. Make my own map for DooM64EX or the PSXFINALDOOMTC.
3. Try my hand at making a map for Shadow Warrior.

play a bit more. when i get home tired, i don't feel much like playing, rather watch other play (demos).

okuplok's map? link?

Keep up to date on Cacoward Nominees, and continue to work on and improve my mod, Doomvengers. I would LIKE to have at least the third Module out this year.