Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xit-vono

Official Demo Request Thread

Couldn't resist the joy of smashing putin's brain, so gave it a try. Recorded a 6:21 in few tries with all kills, don't know how to find a secret though, so not attaching it. Can push it under 6min, wonder how much time could that invuln cut, if any.

p.s. putin eats children!

Wow there are really no bounds to my stupidity. And i even tried to press it. thankz!1

p.s. putin still eats children

Two more improvements in a row, and it's at 4:50. Vastly improvable, but sadly i won't have time to play in the nearest time because of studying. Leaving it as it is for now. So great map. Srsly.

p.s. well, yeah, you got it.

pechild-450.zip

xit-vono said:

Has anyone looked at pt28? it seems like it should be possible, with good infighting in places, and a chainsaw. However, I have not completed my analysis of the map, so I don't know if there are some really tough spots.

One of the maps I like the least and I know the least. It seems easy at first, one problem I encountered are big piles of barons/hell knights blocking your path at the end of a long tunnel. Also there might be too many surviving barons which would make finishing last monsters a chore (similar to m217). OTOH, health is fine and there is ample space most of the time. Looks quieter than pt23, not my cup of tea though.

Addendum about Tysons (yes, I know PWADs are less popular than IWADs, but...): just found out MM MAP17 is undone and should be rather easy.

Funny, MM17 Tyson was something I was trying for a while, but I gave up at the blue key area, I believe, because I couldn't figure out a good way to punch my way through the teleporting barons as well as the mancubi and the arch-vile in the megasphere room close by.

I'm not trying this at the moment however:
- I got pretty far on the first try, then needed relatively few cheats (saves) to finish the rest, except two revenants (I had wasted too much bullet ammo before)
- AV + 4 mancubi: the steel door is "block monster" so just open it and wait, open and wait... The AV will be dead eventually.
- The barons: get the megasphere first. Don't lower the wooden barrier. Kill two first barons. Now lower the barrier, get the red key and go west ASAP (go where the AV and four barons were). Here from behind the door attack, make one punch at a time, retreat. This way no baron will attack you from behind.
- By "easy" I meant easy compared to to pt26, mm09... I may be wrong but it looks tempting.

Plut said:

MAP03 of Nordhell( http://doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15175 ) is really good slaughter map, it would be very cool to see UV-Max for it :) .

tried it, but it's an FDA, some very tricky areas and fuck those marines, got like 4 heart attacks :D
especially in FDAs of such long maps. Not having any experience vs those marine bots, they really kicked my ass sometimes.
won't spoil the end ;P

the demo should contain a couple deaths at beginning btw

edit: btw the level is very nice, a bit too time consuming for my time right now to get a very good time there I guess, if nobody else will for sure somewhen in future

nhe3fda.zip

I wouldn't mind demoing it, seems like a cool experimental wad. However I don't want to record with gzdoom/zandrozum, so nope unless some unofficial boom patch is done.

in the real mess, I saw some very beautiful ideas and map designs.. but gameplay should be adapted. I guess beta testing lacked badly

ps: map11 instead is a piece of cake, but I didnt try out ALL the levels tbh

I am particularly interested in Maps 5/7/11/13/18/22/23/25?/27-30. Especially Map29 which has a awesome architecture, but gameplay is hard, even on HNTR. Cheers to any Doom God who can record this.

oh umh. then I'm out ;p
or well imma record just for fantasy a fast map11 max for the sake of being against everybody expectations!1 (but then desynchs and compatibility troubles here we come, obviously)

this was made just for the lulz, dont upload on dsda pl0s

i used cl2 and 4 and the chaingun secret dont open, so I went for cl9, and the final door wont open. Anyway its an "ok" map, totally weird ammo amount, but at least its doable. hope its of any use for you (and no, im no doom god for this lol)

edit: oh ok thats why ppl used to upload files out of here. links broken, gimme a min

http://speedy.sh/yJusx/dt11-cl9.zip

btw I checked the other maps, either I get errors of non compatibility with prboom, or I guess the levels are.. impossible
way 2 often too many AVs to handle, sadly
map 18 and 25 would be awesome ideas, I hope the author himself or some other mapper would rebalance those, would be a pity to let them "wasted" like this

Has anyone ever managed to make a succesful demo for Mini Level Megawad map28? (not necessarily uv-max) This level seems ridiculously unbalanced, dunno what the author was thinking.

btw map26 needs a demo as well (this one seems much easier but still very challenging).

Oh well, the above question was a result of my curiosity and partly despair, as well as laziness (that's why Memfis posted it, not me). Thanks, pal.

This map does contain one secret (alcove on the left next to the starting point, jump in there and you will be blessed) which is mandatory if you wanna actually achieve something more than dying fuckload of times. A very controversial decision, I know. I was too slow to discover it, so shame on me. With it life becomes much, much easier.

So, all in all - this map is not too easy but beatable on UV and probably even max-ible if you know shit. I'm not the one to try though. So come on, heroes, fill in the empty slot on dsda.

I'd like to see a max for map03 of this. Very confusing but awesome map, I think Eternal Doom fans will love it.

All this 30pl talk made me want to record something. I'm not mentally prepared to speedrun a megawad but a 9-10 map episode with not very deadly maps and a lot of opportunities to skip monsters could be fun. Do you guys want to see something in particular? The second half of 2002ado is an obvious choice since I already did the first two episodes but it doesn't look very friendly.