Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kmxexii

Cacowards 2013 nomination thread

Post your nominations for the 2013 Cacowards here. Please include links to nominated works and keep discussion to a minimum.

Edit: Don't nominate me or my blog for anything kthx

Assuming it'll be finished this year, I nominate "Pirate Doom" by Arch/Darch (Doomworld thread/ZDoom thread)

@Deathevokation below: it's not really parodic. It's like nominating BTSX to the Mockaward because of the whole "GBV song title" joke going on.

Gez said:

Assuming it'll be finished this year, I nominate "Pirate Doom" by Arch/Darch (Doomworld thread/ZDoom thread)

I strongly support this, either for a normal cacoward or a mockaward because of it's comical nature.

@Gez, the concept and tongue in cheek execution of it reminded me of Ruba's Killing Adventure, but I guess your right.

Obsidian said:

Hopefully it's finished this year, but anyway: DooM: The Golden Souls by Batandy. I saw the video for this and it screamed "FUN" which doesn't really happen much for me when it comes to games. :)

Seconding this nomination. Like Mario and Doom? Perfect mix right here so far.

Not yet finished? Doesn't matter!

Back to Saturn X Episode I

The fine selection of textures similar to DOOM 64, Quake, and nothing seen before, especially the creative use of blue lights while blue is a disadvantaged hue in the DOOM palette, and the consequent unique architecture, created a genuine game universe which a made my draw jop. Ehm ... you know what I wanted to say.

Now quite well supported by Risen3D 2.2.0-18 too.

LigH said:

especially the creative use of blue lights while blue is a disadvantaged hue in the DOOM palette

They aren't using the Doom palette. They have made a custom palette, with a custom colormap to go with it -- look at it with SLADE 3, it's much nicer than Doom's stock colormap.

This also led to them needing to reinclude all Doom II sprites converted to their new palette.

A fun thing you can do is load BTSX as a PWAD for Ultimate Doom, so it will not replace the levels you access from the menu, and see what happens to the textures that do not have a cross-saturnine replacement of the same name.

Alternatively, NRFTL

Obviously, yes. Even more because DOOM has a little of medium blue, while BtSX uses a skyblue hue.

Sorry for the double post and bump but I nominate HedRox2 for a nomination a simply brilliant and beautiful map and a great sequel to the first that is also a lot bigger.

I also nominate Pirate Doom, cause I've never had so much fun with Doom mod, it's got a style of its own, and hopefully will be finished this year.

I shall be voting. I vote for Hadephobia. I think i is worthy for a cacoward this year. I also like to vote for D2TWID for a mordeth award.

Hunter_568 said:

I shall be voting. I vote for Hadephobia. I think i is worthy for a cacoward this year. I also like to vote for D2TWID for a mordeth award.

Reverse those, and you have my votes thus far.

Though TNT2 may walk away with the mordeth, assuming it comes out this year.

Which it probably wont.

TheMionicDonut said:

Reverse those, and you have my votes thus far.

Though TNT2 may walk away with the mordeth, assuming it comes out this year.

Which it probably wont.

What do you think is worthy for an award then?

I vote for Mordeth for the Mordeth Award. I've spent months studying the 2007 update like a sacred text, my emaciated form hunched before the feeble glow of my monitor. Using a combination of cryptography, numerology, and profane occult rituals I have divined that the hour of its release is upon us. With a vulturine cackle I bid you prepare yourselves.

Eh, I vote for Hadephobia.

SandGator said:

Eh, I vote for Hadephobia.

+1 ... uhm, how many votes do I have per year?

There is no voting system lol, you are supposed to just mention wads to make sure that the Cacowards jury doesn't miss them. So posts like "+1" are actually pointless I think. YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT. :P

Memfis said:

There is no voting system lol, you are supposed to just mention wads to make sure that the Cacowards jury doesn't miss them. So posts like "+1" are actually pointless I think. YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT. :P

It's nice to get more votes to see how interested the community is but whether or not a project gets picked for a caco has nothing to do with how many votes it gets and entirely to do with how thoroughly the panel is bribed.

Okay so reverse what I said last time and I'm voting TNT 2 for the mordeth award, it's been so long...... Also I think we should add a dedication to the community award, which could be given to members who dedicate their lives to the doom community.

So anyone who agrees with me?

And about Mordeth coming out, I don't think it's going to be worth it, like how Duke Nukem Forever took years and was just crap when it came out.

Hunter_568 said:

What do you think is worthy for an award then?

Assuming TNT2 doesnt come out this year (and it might), both Hadephobia and d2twid certainly met all the requirements for a mordeth, just to a less grandiose extent.

TheMionicDonut said:

Assuming TNT2 doesnt come out this year (and it might), both Hadephobia and d2twid certainly met all the requirements for a mordeth, just to a less grandiose extent.

BTSX's earliest public appearance is older still, dating back to July 2009, though I'm not sure a post in Doom Pictures counts :)

(The images are broken now since poned.com went under a couple years ago.)

I'd like to nominate Valkiriforce for mapper of the year for his continued contributions to the Doom community... he's released way over 80 maps (not counting completed maps for projects that have yet to be released) to date and counting, and the majority of them are of very high quality. Hell, it can possibly even be over 100 maps he's designed so far. :P