Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Heretic multiplayer

I used to. Only on really small LAN parties, so you can imagine I never get quorum to start one of those again. Oh, I miss the classics...some Hexen on HEXBRAWL.WAD, some Heretic in E3M8, some Blood on Midgard, Quake 1 on DOME7B.BSP, some Duke on Stadium...

*sigh*

Anybody play?

ALL THE TIME! We played that multiplayer in my house more than we played Doom and Doom2.

Unfortunately, I haven't played anything multiplayer in years, except for a quick doomserv match a few weeks ago.

Well what's the best way to play? As far as I know, there is no client/server heretic port...

AFAIK, there used to be this program called KALI that would fake the IPXSETUP into thinking that your internet connection was just a LAN and then you could play with people over the internet.

In my case, I had two (good) computers and a serial cable with which I played Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Quake, WarCraft 2 and all that junk on. Sometimes I did modem games but not very often.

I haven't really played around with any Heretic ports, but I think JHeretic had some kind of multiplay options.

Kali costs $10. Well, when I used that for Starcraft nearly 3 years ago. I don't know it it exists anymore.

it's www.kali.net (no, I'm not making a lousy URL)

legacy added heretic support and thus has the client/server tcp/ip doo dahs.

Kali costs $10

I already have Kali on my WarCraft 2 CD.

legacy added heretic support and thus has the client/server tcp/ip doo dahs.

W00T!! So uh... who wants to play??