Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raptomex

Doom 3 BFG - Stuck. Please Help

So I'm currently playing Doom 3 BFG. I'm stuck at the section where I need to open the elevator to get to the next section. I've done this area at least 3 times activating and collecting what I need to progress but the elevator always tells me "low power". I can't go back to the beginning of the area because it's blocked off. Am I screwed? Is this a glitch or have I missed something crucial? One would think if I did miss something I'd be able to go back and do/get it. It's been a while since I've played this game. Please advise. Thanks.

Below is a screenshot of where I am stuck (click to enlarge).

I think it takes me to Delta Labs 2? Idk.

You grabbed the Data Linker that brings the main systems back up, but that doesn't restore the power. You should still hear "Reactor Core offline". You need to go back further to where you got the Data Linker from, and you will find some newly unlocked doors.

So I loaded the last checkpoint before this. I started the reactor, got the PDA and headed back to the elevators.

Same problem. I can't go any further.

Well, I never seen this before. I assume you have tried using the panel regardless of it appearing locked?

Edit: A bit of research suggests that apparently other people have encountered this bug, and the issue is that you tried to use the lift before you brought power back up for some reason.

This game needs a level selection menu. So how would I restart? I can only reload a set number of checkpoints it seems.

It doesn't have an autosave when you start the level? That's more or less how it worked in Doom 3 normally if I remember right. Changed in BFG?

It does, but it only uses one autosave slot instead of the theoretically unlimited slots Doom3 Had. That, ontop of the fact that autosaves will now also occur during set points in a level as well.

Nothing stopping you from having multiple manual saved games, mind you.

Edward850 said:

It does, but it only uses one autosave slot instead of the theoretically unlimited slots Doom3 Had. That, ontop of the fact that autosaves will now also occur during set points in a level as well.

Nothing stopping you from having multiple manual saved games, mind you.

Had I known I would have saved it manually multiple times. Oh well.

EternalWolf said:

What about using noclip?

Yeah I guess that would work but I it will disable achievements. I'll try and re-beat the game eventually.