Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomwolf555

Doom with fullHD textures

You know, "Full HD" only got any meaning when it concerns TVs and movies as it differentiates between HD (720 pixels vertical) and Full HD (1080 pixels vertical).

Doomwolf555 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Fu-AuRznA
I have imported the HD textures from Quake Drak places for doom engine.

Um, okay?

These are mostly the same hi-res texture replacements that have been circulated in different packs in the Doom community for the past decade or longer, inexplicably tossed together with some other textures that don't even attempt to fit, like the hilariously awful nukage. "Best texture pack ever"? Really?

Once I've done the opposite: used Doom HD textures in Your Path to Destruction (Doom total conversion for quake). Result was quite good, but the mod itself was so crappy that I've deleted all.

HD Textures on Doom will start to look good only when a proper lightning mode (like Polymer) is developed from them, because no matter of the quality of the texture, it will always look like crap with Sector Static ilumination that most Hardware-rendered ports use.

GREATEST nukage texture. It takes a true mastermind to create such an amazing piece of art.

qoncept said:

The forums have been rife with assholes the last week or so.

I disagree.

Why is it very dark and why the very poor nukage texture choice? It probably could have been better with one frame and using the warp or warp2 for ANIMDEFS.

Textures themselves aren't bad, but I wouldn't use them in the original WADs. And the rotating nukage texture? lawl!

Heh, when you guys were talking about the spinning nukage, I imagined some sort of cheesy whirlpool effect. The reality was far worse. It actually made me LOL!

Mr. Chris said:

Why is it very dark

I was just about to ask the same thing. I thought it was just me not even seeing anything to criticise or praise.

Enjay said:

Heh, when you guys were talking about the spinning nukage, I imagined some sort of cheesy whirlpool effect. The reality was far worse. It actually made me LOL!

I thought the same thing. The textures seem to rotate 90 degrees and then back to normal, something like that. By the way, the sky is wrong. It should be a city, not hell.

Wait, why are the ratings disabled now? We already pointed out the flaws so you are going to hide them from the public now?

Hiding criticism will not bode too well in the Doom community most of the time.

These texture packs never do it for me. It's like Sam Raimi re-releasing Evil Dead with the Karo syrup gore replaced with CG.

That texture pack looks.. alright.

I wouldn't use it as it takes away the aesthetic feel of the game, and it makes the liquid spin!

Why must it be spinning nukage, and water!?

This texture pack is what happens when people who have artistic skills but are not keen on aesthetics, composition, contrast, consistency or light direction get involved in modding. It just looks awkward and ugly.