Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Magnum Express

Animated textures

A custom animated texture that I made appears black in game, but it appears just fine in DB2's 3D viewing mode. I followed the guides on the ZDoom wiki, and I am not sure what the problem is. What can I do to fix this?

I seem to remember having this problem before. Before anyone can help you, you'll need to be more specific.

-What editor are you using to implement these changes? I would recommend Slade 3.

-What port are you using to test the game?

-What dimensions and visual format are the textures in?

-Where you using ANIMATED (Boom Animated), or ANIMDEFS?

-Did you remember to 'add to patch table' and 'add to TEXTUREx'?

Okay, here are the specifics:
- I am using Slade 3
- The port is GZDoom
- The image is in PNG format with 256 x 128 for dimensions
- I am using ANIMDEFS
- I did add the textures to a patch table

Okay, now we can see what your doing! I've really only figured out stuff from guess and check, and asking here, so I am really only guessing here but the problem could be that you are trying to use a PNG with ANIMDEFS.

-Try converting the graphics that are going to be used with ANIMDEFS from 'PNGs (Existing/Global)' to 'Doom Gfx (Doom)' using Slade3.

-If that doesn't work post your ANIMDEFS script contents so we can see if there are any errors in it.

-There also might be a problem with its 256 dimension. I think the largest animated dimension I've seen is 128x128.

Please upload the file somewhere so we can take a look at it. Guesswork isn't going to help.

Egregor said:

the problem could be that you are trying to use a PNG with ANIMDEFS

No. This cannot be a problem in GZDoom.

Egregor said:

There also might be a problem with its 256 dimension. I think the largest animated dimension I've seen is 128x128.

The dimensions are also not a problem.

Gez is correct here, png files and 256 res textures work as animated textures in GZDoom quite fine.