Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aubrey Hodges

Bonus tracks are now available for download!

I have just updated the soundtracks for Doom Playstation, Final Doom Playstation and Doom 64 to include 3 bonus tracks each. These tracks were never released for various reasons but are now available to download as part of the soundtracks. Not including them in the original releases was painful so at last I have my revenge! Hehe.

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/doom-64-official-soundtrack

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/final-doom-playstation-official-soundtrack

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/doom-playstation-official-soundtrack

Enjoy.

-Aubrey

Tried to re-download the updated Doom soundtracks w/ the bonus tracks in the "Thank You!" emails w/ the downloads, But they've been expired. :-( Just sent an email to support@bandcamp.com to let me download all versions (MP3 320, FLAC, MP3 VBR, AAC, OGG, and ALAC,). I just don't want to waste my money re-downloading them again.

Bonus tracks are ace, particularly Total Lamentation and Darker Than Blackness. I've already thrown them into my personal PSX/N64 ZDoom jukebox, so they play ingame and I can listen to them the way they were MEANT to be heard >:D

DustFalcon85 said:

Tried to re-download the updated Doom soundtracks w/ the bonus tracks in the "Thank You!" emails w/ the downloads, But they've been expired. :-( Just sent an email to support@bandcamp.com to let me download all versions (MP3 320, FLAC, MP3 VBR, AAC, OGG, and ALAC,). I just don't want to waste my money re-downloading them again.

According to the Bandcamp FAQ...

"My download says it's expired. What now?"...

Send an email with subject as "Expired Download Title", to customer support at support@bandcamp.com, Please include the link to the track or album page that you're trying to download.

They should respond with a new download link. If anyone has problems let me know and I will make sure you get your bonus tracks.

Regards,

-Aubrey

Aubrey Hodges said:

According to the Bandcamp FAQ...

"My download says it's expired. What now?"...

Send an email with subject as "Expired Download Title", to customer support at support@bandcamp.com, Please include the link to the track or album page that you're trying to download.

They should respond with a new download link. If anyone has problems let me know and I will make sure you get your bonus tracks.

Regards,

-Aubrey

Already sent them an email w/ the three links. Just waiting for a reply back.

UPDATE: Just got the email and downloaded all versions of the Doom Soundtracks. Looking forward to Quake 64 1 & 2 soundtracks! I wonder if they [Quake Soundtracks] will include unreleased tracks too.

Sigh, I knew I should have waited for the bonus tracks for Final Doom before buying it. Way to much hassle to get them if you bought the soundtrack previously. The "expired download" thing is nasty.

Hopefully I can get my three extra tracks before going on holiday..

EDIT: Aubrey, the three Final Doom bonus tracks, were they intended for the Master Levels? There were 13 in the PSX version...and with these new bonus tracks, 13 exclusive tracks, one for each level. It'd be nice if these could be added to the PSX Doom TC's Final Doom section.

If this was the intended plan, which of the three remaining levels would have received eachy track? If you remember that is :p The levels were Subspace, Subterra and Vesperas

Ragnor said:

Sigh, I knew I should have waited for the bonus tracks for Final Doom before buying it. Way to much hassle to get them if you bought the soundtrack previously. The "expired download" thing is nasty.

What's the worst that can happen? You wait maybe 24 hours for a new download link. I managed to live with that.

Contacting customer support does work.

Ragnor said:

Hopefully I can get my three extra tracks before going on holiday..

EDIT: Aubrey, the three Final Doom bonus tracks, were they intended for the Master Levels? There were 13 in the PSX version...and with these new bonus tracks, 13 exclusive tracks, one for each level. It'd be nice if these could be added to the PSX Doom TC's Final Doom section.

If this was the intended plan, which of the three remaining levels would have received eachy track? If you remember that is :p The levels were Subspace, Subterra and Vesperas

Exactly, and in that order too. I just couldn't get those samples to sound right at low rates and the tracks are using the most expensive reverb setting. Sigh...if I had had some more time I might have pulled them off but I was needed on NFL Blitz. Also...I will send you fresh download codes via email. Just send me a quick message to aubreyhodgesATmsn.com so I know which email to send the codes. Also, remind me which soundtracks you need to re-download.

Regards,

Aubrey

Sent the email.

Are the other tracks from the other two albums also meant for specific levels? I'll assume "Total Lamentation" was an alternate version, but the rest feel like cut levels or tracks that didnt "fit". One from Doom 64 sounded like it was intended for a watery level for example.

(Mind you I have never played Doom 64 in its entirety, only very recently got to play it via Doom64 EX, so the music for Doom 64 is entirely new to me...and its WAY better than the PSX Doom soundtracks)

Ragnor said:

Sent the email.

Are the other tracks from the other two albums also meant for specific levels? I'll assume "Total Lamentation" was an alternate version, but the rest feel like cut levels or tracks that didnt "fit". One from Doom 64 sounded like it was intended for a watery level for example.

(Mind you I have never played Doom 64 in its entirety, only very recently got to play it via Doom64 EX, so the music for Doom 64 is entirely new to me...and its WAY better than the PSX Doom soundtracks)

The download code has been sent.

"Total Lamentation!" was just done originally as a gag. I wanted to see how far I could take the baby cry sample. I was surprised at how close to a "real" track it was in the end. "Sufficate" and "Plague Rats" were just too big to fit into memory and they wanted me to get the total down to 20 tracks.

The Doom 64 tracks were cut because we didn't have the room on the cart and the samples started sounding like crap at extremely low resolution. What makes those tracks so cool is the details in the samples. Those details just dissapeared at low sampling rates.

With Final Doom I just ran out of time. I think I could have gotten the samples to sound slick at memory sizes that would have been acceptable. But, that sort of back and forth and tedious mastering takes alot of time...which I didn't have due to other commitments.

Regards,

-Aubrey

Thank you :D

I should have all three full soundtracks by tomorrow (Yep, buying the other two tomorrow), all ready for a looooong bus ride. I previously listened to the Final Doom soundtrack in a mall and supermarket last weekend, makes shopping highly creepy..

The bonus tracks for the PSX Dooms are my favourites already, simply because ive heard the original music so often, but these ones are entirely new to me. Psychotechnica and Warbled Logic are especially good. And for a gag, Total Lamentation is a pretty great track that I'd never know was originally a gag :p

Double post: Ive bought the other two, and like with Final Doom, added a bit more than the asking price for each. I would have paid more, considering the size differences, but I do need to save as much as I can for the holiday mentioned.

Im amazed the Doom 64 one has 17 minute tracks :D

re-claimed the download link for PSX Doom's soundtrack to get the bonus tracks. i haven't listened to them just yet, but i did listen to Total Lamentation!, and i like what i hear from it. i'll get the rest of the Doom games when i get more money, prolly.