Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

...some of you might have thought it is dead - or at least mordead - or Xaser is hugging it for all eternity. Fortunately it is time to proof it's different: The ZDCMP2 is finished! ...well, almost. After numerous days, weeks and months of lazy delaying work, we are finally proud to announce that the team is finished with our work. Though this doesn't mean we are done with the ZDCMP2. Now it's your turn to use the time for the public beta tests so we can clean out everything that we have missed so far. Take your time, play the mod and support us making this perfect by posting bugs in the bugtracker over at the Realm667 - if you dare :P (in case you are scared, disable Javascript and no evil malware will be able to hijack your machine)

Release Candidate? Public Beata?
To make things clear: It's a mix between both. We know that there are still numerous issues to deal with but that's exactly why we need you now - please test everything and anything, make sure you do all the crazy things that betatesters do but also play it as a player - and track bugs, submit them to our tracker with as many information as possible (screenshots, position, description), that will help us a lot!

Features

• A happy potpourri with one of the communities finest modders
  • Non-linear gameplay with an objective-/log-system
  • One huge map that keeps you busy for some hours
  • New monsters (no repository-mayhem!)
  • New weapons (perfectly blending with the original armory)
  • New textures
  • New items/powerups
  • New music
  • New fonts
  • New graphics
  • New sounds (yes, I just say this to make the list longer)
  • New erm... did I miss something?
  • Countless surprises that I am not going to spoil :P
  • Playing it twice is nice!
Screenshots
To not spoil anything, you will only get a few screenshots of the early passages of the map. We just want to make sure some surprises are still left for you to discover ;)

Credits
The Core Team
  • Apothem - Scripting
  • Blue Shadow - Testing, Support
  • CaptainToenail - Mapping, Coding
  • Chronoseth - Mapping
  • Deathknight - Testing, Quality Control
  • dj-jo - Music
  • DTDSphere - Mapping
  • Dusk- Mapping, Coding, Textures
  • Gez - Mapping, Quality Control
  • Ghastly - Coding, Quality Control
  • gothic - Mapping
  • Grymmoire - Mapping
  • Icytux - Music
  • Infirnex - Mapping
  • Jimmy - Mapping, Music
  • Lupinx-Kassman - Mapping
  • Malinku - Mapping
  • Phobus - Mapping, Quality Control
  • Pyroscourge - Mapping
  • Shadesmaster - Mapping
  • TheDarkArchon - Mapping, Coding
  • Tormentor667 - Project Lead, Mapping, Graphics, Textures"
  • Vader - Mapping, Graphics
  • Xaser - Mapping, Coding, Quality Control
  • Zrrion the Insect - Mapping
Additional Credits
  • Textures - NiGHTMARE, DrDoctor, Cage
  • Monsters - Scalliano, NMN, Eriance, Melvinflynt
  • Sourceport - Graf Zahl, Randy Heit
  • id Software - for the greatest game of all time
Shut the fuck up, where is the download?
[2013/01/19] ZDCMP2 Release Candidate 1

Screenshot 4 looks like a mess IMO (cracklegrass wtf, vines coming magically out of the bottoms of clean walls, etc.), but this looks quite interesting otherwise. I'll give it a try soon :)

YES! Been looking forward to this! This has certainly taken a long time though but I am pleased regardless.

Why is it that near every mod Tormentor667 is involved with seems to feature the same theme, same decorate monsters etc etc?

I mean, sure each part is quality, but the same thing over and over ultimately get's boring.

EDIT: OK, it's only the start of the map that's like the above.

Vermil said:

Why is it that near every mod Tormentor667 is involved with seems to feature the same theme, same decorate monsters etc etc?

The theme is basically "very detailed techbase" but that's the first Torm project set in a jungle setting. As far as custom monsters go, don't expect to see snake imps, enhanced cacodemons, catharsis, satyrs, dark imps, hell furies, and a few other staples from TUTNT, KDIZD, or Stronhold. You won't see either all the overpowered zombies that were in The Refinery. There are, however, some new monsters that didn't appear in these projects.

Gez said:

The theme is basically "very detailed techbase" but that's the first Torm project set in a jungle setting.

Beyond I'd suggest you play the full map. I am sure you won't be disappointed with your low expectations :)

So far this is very cool, I'm usually resistant to a more modern takes on Doom but this is a lot of fun. I was also going to complain about ammo being too tight, but I just realized I have like 10 grenades...

some bugs (I don't dare to visit virus infected sites so I'm posting them here):

- when I killed the first chaingunner and got his weapon, I didn't see any special messages. Then I found a chaingun that was just lying on the floor (not dropped by an enemy) and when I picked it up I got the "new weapon found" message.
- that new rifle weapon... When I have 0 ammo for it and I press "fire", I expect doomguy to switch to another weapon. But that doesn't happen. A bit annoying.
- this palm can be seen through the ground

I picked up the first shotgun that was dropped by a zombie. I was bugged and couldn't scroll back and forth between my weapons. However, I was able to swap out to a rifle using my 0-9 keybinds, but then I didn't have my shotgun anymore, and had to pick up the stationary one. This correlates with Memfis' bug on the chaingun message, except this deals with the shotgun instead.

The shotgun trouble is probably something to do with a recent bug related to weapon switching with the latest ZDoom SVNs. Not much can be done until that's fixed, unfortunately. :(

For the record, this version's actually more of a public beta than a release candidate, since there are some missing spots and issues with things (noted here and in my following post). Most notably, late ZDoom SVNs and the latest official GZDoom has a bug that ends up breaking the boss fight entirely by having them die after about two seconds. D:

The target version is ZDoom 2.6.1, so that one should fix the aforementioned engine bugs. Still doesn't affect the ammo balance trouble, of course. :P

Tormentor667 said:

Features

• A happy potpourri with one of the communities finest modders

Which one, or has modesty forbade you from identifying them? ;-)

Downloading. . .

Thank you.I've already tried GZDOOM,ZDOOM,SKULLTAG and ZANDRONUM.Now I really feel silly! (BTW,I just have trouble seeing sometimes because of cataracts,nothing major)Sorry,but none worked.

Blue Shadow said:

You can use GZDoom as well if you wish.

Note that the latest official GZDoom breaks the end boss until this is fixed.

grouchbag said:

Sorry,but none worked.

Your ZDoom/GZDoom version is out of date, then.

Xaser said:

Note that the latest official GZDoom breaks the end boss until this is fixed.

And it also won't render a polyobject correctly. You need r1500+ for the "dig site" polyobject gates to look as they are meant to.

grouchbag said:

all of the ports I have are up to date.

"up to date" as in the latest official version or "up to date" as in the most recent SVN builds? (The source ports, not your mind. ;) )

Don't worry,the updating my mind is okay to LOL about. I'll download the latest again,maybe it will work this time.Seriously,thanks for your help.
Okay,got it to work now!It looks great!AM I allowed to feel silly yet?

Having played this from start-to-finish, I pretty much enjoyed it...though at least I saw how the floor thing made the endboss anticlimactic. (I was playing GZDoom, btw)

I was surprised that DMC2 music (The two tracks in the last mission of Dante's path, if I recall) was used for the two phases of the endboss as well as the hell segments.

Okay, I had time to play. But I got tired after 2 hours when I still ws far from the end.

I found some smaller bugs, but overall, the stuff is more than amazing! Guys, you can always make something better than the previous stuff!

My favourite aspect was (excluding the design of course) is the wider use of colours, including some stronger ones. I've always had of them in Doom. =)

I like it a lot better than the first ZDCMP. I did, however, find the final locations subpar in quality. But it was awesome to see

Spoiler

Deimos floating in the distance, for some reason I thought it was really cool.

Touchdown said:

I did, however, find the final locations subpar in quality.

That is entirely my bad. I basically made all of hell, but for the entrance, the boss area and the following escape sequence and when I say "made" I mean "rushed out a large layout because apparently we needed some hell" which I then kind of abandoned to other people to fix up. I've not actually played the very latest version, so I don't know how far it was improved from the crap I churned out initially.

Touchdown said:

But it was awesome to see

Spoiler

Deimos floating in the distance, for some reason I thought it was really cool.

Yes, I really liked that too.

Phobus said:

That is entirely my bad.

I wouldn't say that's your fault. Nobody should expect you to match the effort that has been put into the tech-base section all by yourself, let alone in just a two-day period. You did what you had to do to make that section. The thing is, said section wasn't given enough love by the other mapping team members. They mostly concentrated on the tech-base section of the map. Hence, the sub-par quality when compared to earlier parts.