Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MajorRawne

Random question about dreams

CorSair said:

So wild that I sometimes start talking even while in sleep.

heh. That reminded me how I once woke up saying "there's no bread" for no reason.

bcwood16 said:

Surely though if you can tell you are in a dream, do you not then wake up?

that's funny. When I know I'm in a dream, it neither ends or turns lucid. Only one time was after I've read lots about LD before sleeping. In my dream, I've looked on my clock and thought "heh, they say one wouldn't see a proper hour on a clock in LD, and I did". No lucid. Then I realised that it's 16.00 A.M. and thought "oh, they were actually right". No lucid. So, I thought, why the heck I have no LD?! And then it turned lucid. For 5 secs. And I couldn't move.

Scypek2 said:

heh. That reminded me how I once woke up saying "there's no bread" for no reason.

You don't know how many people suffered in army, when I was sleep talking. And I got lot of comments about that.

DoomUK said:

Surely they make some sense. People, places or incidents which are coherent in themselves even if the "plot" of the dream is all over the place.

I meant more along the lines of any plot. The people in it and their actions are so muddled and bizarre, sometimes I spend my entire morning shower wondering what the fuck happened.

CorSair said:

You don't know how many people suffered in army, when I was sleep talking.

I know how much I suffered because of others' snoring, though :-/ The only way to deal with it, is to be too tired -almost dead-tired- to care.

I once had a dream where I was walking around a strange landscape that was just like rural Wagga but with a lot of irrigation channels around and a large pool of water with a huge tower rising above it. It had a large pipe that was coming down from the tower into the water at an angle and underwater this connected to a spherical underwater building. The top of the tower had two pipes jutting out at an angle to each other and they had large metal spheres on the top.

This was a recurring dream for a while and then it stopped. But this dream was as clear as day. I would be walking around the area looking at the scenery and I could see the tower in the distance. The inside of the tower had an elevator to the underwater building that had windows so you could see out.

I wish I knew what this meant. And I was trying to climb the pipe to the top of the tower once; but I was not having much luck.

eargosedown said:

I meant more along the lines of any plot. The people in it and their actions are so muddled and bizarre, sometimes I spend my entire morning shower wondering what the fuck happened.

Yea, I recall that happening a few times in my life so far. You think about it so hard you almost feel like you are not awake properly, Then the rest of the day feels odd and different some way.....its just bizar!

eargosedown said:

sometimes I spend my entire morning shower wondering what the fuck happened

This is what the bathroom is really for; solitary introspection, while you attend to your ablutions.

Heh, maybe I should take this chance to talk about my craziest dream ever. I was in a bar, when some guy came up behind me and shot me. I died. Then the dream started over. This time, I had a chance to turn around and see the guy before it happened. I tried to run, but I got shot again and died. This happened several more times, and each time I was able to better plan out what to do, because I knew what was gonna happen. Finally, I managed to duck, get out of the way, and run up the stars to the second floor, where I climbed out a windows and ran down the street. When I escaped the bar, the dream ended. It was very oddly like being in a video game, and I've never had a dream like that before.

Then there was that dream wherein I was in the Matrix, trying to infiltrate a military installation with my partner, when we were attacked by two agents. I shot the first agent, but the second one killed my partner. I managed to grab a wrench, and I killed the second agent by bashing him in the head with it. I called the Operator and told him I needed an exit because the mission had been botched. He said there was a payphone nearby. I got to it, it started ringing, and when I answered it, I woke up.

I dunno, just for some reason, I just keep having dreams that make me question the nature of reality.

I've had a gripe with this for a while as well. My thoughts are that we people dream in black and white but some images in the dream are coloured. For example, you probably seen photos that are black and white but have a colour accent in it, I think that's the way the mind processes images when in the dream state.

So I think we somewhat dream in black and white, but that's just my own interpretation.

geekmarine said:

his craziest dream ever

Had you by any chance read Jodwin's Dream before bedtime? ;-) (especially Part 2)