Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[ZDCMP2] RC1 released (yay, it's not mordeth'd)

I can see that these maps will be wonderful to play, but is there any way to enter on Realm667 without no virus harm risks?

Through 2 years of continuous downloading I've got a bunch of repository files from your fantastic site, and I wonder if I can upload them somewhere until you rollback the site.

Ozymandias81 said:

is there any way to enter on Realm667 without no virus harm risks?

Visiting and downloading stuff from the repository is safe. The potential risk comes from browsing the forums.

However, just to be sure, make sure you disable JavaScript in your web browser when going there.

It's not just the forums, though at the moment Realm667 appears to be free of parasites - or I'm blocking them all in my hosts file.

@Ozymandias81 - keep your virus checker up-to-date and scan all downloads before opening/running. If you don't like disabling javascript, use NoScript (if it's supported by your browser) to block scripts from Realm667 until the security leak's plugged. BTW - the release candidate is on another site, in case you hadn't noticed.

The file, however, is hosted on DRD Team so you don't need to visit R667 to get it.

Also the forum has apparently been clean for a while now; but Google and others wait for 90 days without infection before declaring a site safe again.

Hey I downloaded the file and tried to run it with gzdoom and it doesn't seem to work, it says:

"Execution could not continue.

Script error, "zdcmp2_rc1.pk3:actors/sfx/glass.txt" line 52:
Invalid state parameter a_setmass"

You are using an old version of GZDoom (1.5.6 I guess). Grab the latest build at DRD Team.

Thanks, I downloaded the latest version and now it works, I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT MY EYES SAW? You guys are so professional, This is gonna win a Cacoward in 2013!!! AWESOME WORK!

BTW, with such fame and success this project ZDCMP2 could be just the 2nd of 30 ZDCMPs, just imagine "when" year 2050 comes ZDCMP30 will be released! Just kidding but it sure amazes me thinking about it!

I think I would have liked it more if it didn't take 5 to 10 seconds every time you load your game (which drives you nuts when you're playing a "Don't get hit even once" game, trust me), if the lava chamber at the end didn't lag which made the jumping sequence across the lava near impossible, if said lava-chamber was filled with more than the 3 most annoying enemies in the game (soul-imp, shadow-imp and the flying brain, this map seriously made me hate those guys), and if the lava didn't kill you instantly even if you're not in it.

Aside from that, it was glorious and I admit that it shows just how much work went into it. The gameplay felt fresh and new, without sacrificing any of that classic Doom feel. The new weapons were fun and it was nice to see some new enemies besides the standard ZDoom ones.

I would have thoroughly enjoyed every single second of it, if it weren't for the first problem I mentioned (the loading lag just killed it for me). As it is, my experience of playing through this massive map was one that constantly switched between incredible fun and immense frustration. From a map-maker perspective, I was deeply impressed, however.

Keeper of Jericho said:

I think I would have liked it more if it didn't take 5 to 10 seconds every time you load your game (which drives you nuts when you're playing a "Don't get hit even once" game, trust me)

I f@ckin' agree...but the funny thing is that it rather made me careful during the play. =)

The loading thing didn't get to me that badly...but when I got to the final boss, I was expecting a long fight...too bad the floor issue in GZDoom ended it (and the fight with the two flunkies before him, which I recognize from Beyond Reality.) under a few seconds.

And given the boss ended that quickly, I didn't even get a chance of properly using that super-powerful weapon the blue skull key allowed access to. I did use the auto-shotgun from the secret right before the final boss.

One last thing, New Game Plus sounds like a lot of fun (Except with the parts where Vores show up, and people think revenants are bad...); at least it actually let me start with all the weapons I gained on the first playthrough at the cost of making the enemies tougher.

gun_psycho said:

(and the fight with the two flunkies before him, which I recognize from Beyond Reality.)

Fun fact: they were in ZDCMP2 before Jack101 made the BR WIP thread. :)

'kay, I finished it. Well, the end was awy unplayable and unenjoyable (lagf + difficulty)

That should be fixed ASAP.

Katamori said:

'kay, I finished it. Well, the end was awy unplayable and unenjoyable (lagf + difficulty) That should be fixed ASAP.

Could you go into details?

DETAILS!

really good work here, finally one newer zdoom wad that does not just blow up my computer on loading.

one bug: the refueling stations does not work.

Cacowad said:

one bug: the refueling stations does not work.

They fill you up to 50 fuel but no more. They were mainly added to allow you to actually finish the map in case you accidentally run out of ammo before getting rid of the blocking vines.

I might increase the cap, though, just because the flamethrower is fun to use. :P

Tormentor667 said:

Could you go into details?

Of course! However the link to the post of Gez explains it mostly.

The boss fight ends automatically, and the final run is too hard. Also, my FPS rate came below 10 which makes it unplayable. For example, jumps were impossible with this amount of lag. There are too many "falling rock" effects I think.

I guess it has more likely to do something with the bug that is also responsible for the burning bosses instead of the amount of falling rocks. It went fine for me with an older version of ZDoom, even on my laptop.

Oh...I see. Anyway, I'm waiting for fixed versions =)

Also, I shot two more mistakes.

Texture misalignments on that special ceilings sector portal things, whatever it's called officially. Near to the simulation gate.

I think this texture is silly, because it definitely doesn't fit to the adjacent textures. Should be romoved I think. Sadly, I can't remember where it is.

Ah, I actually pulled that computer texture from Doom's alpha release just for that panel when I was detailing that area - so you can blame id software. :P I don't really see why it needs to be removed, it could be edited to align the brushed steel texture properly I guess.

Captain Toenail said:

Ah, I actually pulled that computer texture from Doom's alpha release just for that panel when I was detailing that area - so you can blame id software. :P I don't really see why it needs to be removed, it could be edited to align the brushed steel texture properly I guess.

I mean, it should be removed in it's current form, so if you can edit it to make it fit, that might be good of course.

Holy shit, this was still being worked on?! Hell, I thought this was abandoned many months ago, nice to see it in a brand new form. Will give it a play through later today when I have the time.

It's not the same one from back before ZPack, if that's what you had in mind :P This is a completely fresh ZDCMP2 instead!

I don't like the switch box that opens underwater grates, it looks too crude for such map. The HK and two black creatures are too close to the edge of water, you emerge right in front of them, they are like IN YO FACE, looks kinda sloppy. The next area with mini-Cyber looks very good, the "windows" create nice grotto feel, which i personally very like. You can't get back from behind the crates without jumping.

I'd say that the eyes should come out from two vents rather than one, when you lower the blue key. Maybe even place them at different heights. Also, the player can fall down the shaft without ability to get out.

As for the Objectives and Logs... well, i was playing it 1994 style and everything went smoothly. Logs can create more flavor and lulz, but i know that not everyone will like them or the mood they set.

Unfortunately, this is all i can say right now, after playing only the beginning. Sorry, i just don't have more time to spare now, but i'll definitely come back later for a closer look.

Well yeah, but the need to jump felt unnecessary there, more like the mapper's mistake. Like a one step on stairs too high to rise. I've reloaded the game and tried that place again, and i've managed to get out this time, so it was a false alarm. Still, it feels too cramped, i'd moved crates slightly further apart.

Almost forgot, i really liked fighting Cacoes underwater, looked very cool and was nice action. Water and natural areas were solid in general.

Oh man, this wad is excellent. I'm loving every moment of it.

But I've gotten stuck. How do I lower the three flesh pillars that block the exit in the Engineering Bay? I've gotten rid of the Mancubus, the massive swarm of Flesh Swarm, and the 2 Cybruisers. What's next?