Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Things in Doom you've never done

Events like zombie gibbing from PL, pinky bites, even imp attacks are technically possible even on vanilla Doom, they are just statistically infrequent, as they rely on both some hard prerequisites and dumb luck: the zombie must be damaged below a certain amount of health, and the monsters/weapons must do above a certain damage in a single attack. An imp can achieve an attack damage >= 20 about 25% of the time, a demon just a bit more than 50% of the time, a plasma ball about 70% of the time.

And yeah, pinkies suck at melee, despite them having only a melee attack : most of the time I see them running after other monsters, trying to bite their ass, and by the time they finally complete their attack and snap at them, their target has moved away -_-

Maes said:

And yeah, pinkies suck at melee, despite them having only a melee attack : most of the time I see them running after other monsters, trying to bite their ass, and by the time they finally complete their attack and snap at them, their target has moved away -_-

LOL - yup, they really do suck at biting, same for the player, they run up and open their mouth and if you back off, even a little, they miss.

I only ever get killed by them when I am backed up to a corner on low health or there are loads of them, when in gangs I find them quite threatening.

st.alfonzo said:

When a lost soul gibs a zombieman, I unfailingly loose a laugh.

What port/mod?

st.alfonzo said:

When a lost soul gibs a zombieman, I unfailingly loose a laugh.

What port/mod? That's a "should not happen" situation in vanilla. Lost Souls do as much damage as single bullets, which preclude zombie gibbing (Max damage: 15. Zombie health: 20).

Edit: nm, it appears that this "Lost souls do as much damage as bullets" mantra, from the Doom FAQ v6.666, is wrong: they actually do as much damage as IMPs, so it's also possible for them to get a zombieman to gib.

Maes said:

Edit: nm, it appears that this "Lost souls do as much damage as bullets" mantra, from the Doom FAQ v6.666, is wrong: they actually do as much damage as IMPs, so it's also possible for them to get a zombieman to gib.

They do damage by being projectiles, so they have a x8 multiplier instead of a x5. The base damage value is the same (it's 3), so when looking at just the raw data in DeHackEd you can get to wrong conclusions.

-I've never shot (with a gun) my computer screen when I see a cacodemon.
-I've never spitted at the screen when I see that ugly face on a stick.
-I've never released a map for the doom community, I keep my maps in my pc cause I'm too selfish, well they're all deleted right now.
-I've never played a shitty wad cause I don't like shit.
-I've never stuck my finger into a ciberdemon's eye cause Rex Claussen said that no one shouldn't do it.
-I've never talked to a former human cause they don't seem to talk, they just snore.
-I've never played map30 from kama sutra cause I don't like fornication.
-I've never played the end of mandrill ass cause I can't stand blasphemies.
-I've never punch a revenant on the dick cause I don't think they have dick.
-I've never attacked ciberdemons from behind cause they have ugly butts.
-I've never taken a medikit or stimpack cause I don't have time to open those boxes, I might be shot while trying to figure out how to open them.
-I've never taken a red skull key cause when I see one I usually think it's an archvile's head painted with his blood.
-I may be a "doomguy" but I've never had sex with an imp cause I'm afraid of spikes, it could hurt my body!

That's it

MarkAnthony89 said:

-I've never shot (with a gun) my computer screen when I see a cacodemon.
-I've never spitted at the screen when I see that ugly face on a stick.
-I've never released a map for the doom community, I keep my maps in my pc cause I'm too selfish, well they're all deleted right now.
-I've never played a shitty wad cause I don't like shit.
-I've never stuck my finger into a ciberdemon's eye cause Rex Claussen said that no one shouldn't do it.
-I've never talked to a former human cause they don't seem to talk, they just snore.
-I've never played map30 from kama sutra cause I don't like fornication.
-I've never played the end of mandrill ass cause I can't stand blasphemies.
-I've never punch a revenant on the dick cause I don't think they have dick.
-I've never taken a medikit or stimpack cause I don't have time to open those boxes, I might be shot while trying to figure out how to open them.
-I've never taken a red skull key cause when I see one I usually think it's an archvile's head painted with his blood.
-I may be a "doomguy" but I've never had sex with an imp cause I'm afraid of spikes, it could hurt my body!

That's it

I'm going to give you the phone number of someone you should talk to. They won't put you on medication straight away, I'm fairly sure ;)

EDIT: Imp spikes are SUPPOSED to hurt during sex, what do you think they're for? You should see my arse cheeks, I can't sit down after a go on Speed of Doom.

MarkAnthony89 said:

I've never attacked ciberdemons from behind cause they have ugly butts.

Don't let Maes hear you say that.

MajorRawne said:

You should see my arse cheeks, I can't sit down after a go on Speed of Doom.

LOL

OK, now talking serious:
I've never done a speed UV-Max demo, I love to see those kind of demos in youtube but that's it, I don't have patience to study the way of getting the three 100% in time record though I even thought about trying one day, sure playing the way I do gets me many "sucks" at the end of the map!

MarkAnthony89 said:

My childe, you need someone to open your eyes up to the beautiful truth:

Maes said:

My childe, you need someone to open your eyes up to the beautiful truth:

Oh please, don't tell me that I'm gonna be remembered as the one who doesn't like ciberdemon's butt, this was just a joke amongst all the others that I posted.

Well I know this is all a joke but this is becoming too serious for me as I am a little sensitive to all that regards the morality. I think joking is good but only without exceeding, Maes, I'm NOT your child, my eyes are open to what they really MUST see (which isn't that video) and that thing which you consider "truth" is in my opinion one of the most disgusting thing I've seen in a short period of time. I wouldn't want to become a kill-joy but that really hurt my morality. But that's alright though now I repent from that ciberdemon's butt joke, I just wanna forget it... anyway, CHEERS!

Maes said:

VID

The contents of the toilet looked FORCED and PAINFUL.

That video was well...Disturbingly bizarre and amusing.

MarkAnthony89: For a joke, you seem to be taking it a bit literally :P

MarkAnthony89 said:

Oh please, don't tell me that I'm gonna be remembered as the one who doesn't like ciberdemon's butt, this was just a joke amongst all the others that I posted.

Well I know this is all a joke but this is becoming too serious for me as I am a little sensitive to all that regards the morality. I think joking is good but only without exceeding, Maes, I'm NOT your child, my eyes are open to what they really MUST see (which isn't that video) and that thing which you consider "truth" is in my opinion one of the most disgusting thing I've seen in a short period of time. I wouldn't want to become a kill-joy but that really hurt my morality. But that's alright though now I repent from that ciberdemon's butt joke, I just wanna forget it... anyway, CHEERS!

Where does your morality stand in regards to playing a video game full of demonic imagery, blood, and gore, where you have to shoot, chainsaw, and bludgeon to death hordes of enemies?

glenzinho said:

Where does your morality stand in regards to playing a video game full of demonic imagery, blood, and gore, where you have to shoot, chainsaw, and bludgeon to death hordes of enemies?

Ok, I became too serious for a joke so I'm sorry for that but I won't answer you (no offense) cause this is no thread for that kind of subject.

Why won't you answer his simple question? I for one am dying to know why you come here if you think Doom is "immoral" and "impure". You talk like you're a gentleman of religious persuasion from Victorian England. Doom is full of violence, gore and pseudo-Satanic imagery, but it is not intended to be taken seriously. It's a game. It's not like you get rewards for murdering civilians and prostitutes.

MajorRawne said:

Why won't you answer his simple question? I for one am dying to know why you come here if you think Doom is "immoral" and "impure". You talk like you're a gentleman of religious persuasion from Victorian England. Doom is full of violence, gore and pseudo-Satanic imagery, but it is not intended to be taken seriously. It's a game. It's not like you get rewards for murdering civilians and prostitutes.

First: I SAID I'm sorry for being too serious! (That should be enough but)

Second: This thread is just a game-related site, NOT a place for that subject!

Third: Of course it's just a game, can you forget what I just said about morality, let's just return to the real thread subject instead, shall we?

MajorRawne said:

True, but Grand Theft Auto is bloody good fun too.

I've Never...

Played AV at all, nor even watched any videos of it.
Played most highly praised TC's, and the ones I have I never finished (Aliens).
Legitimately beaten a Cyberdemon since early 2009
Played through the entirety of Doom II without IDKFA since (around) 2007
Killed a Pinky with the chainsaw on UV.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I've actually seen a demon bite a zombie and it get gibbed. Wish I had a demo of that.

About 45 seconds in it happens!