Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Growing the Doom community

Dunno if there is any interest to do so, but seems like it would be a good thing as it would ostensibly add to the talent pool producing wads. If it is a good idea, what would be some good ways to drive traffic to DW?

MarkAnthony89's threads bring people stampeding to Doomworld. I hear they made the news in 800 countries around the universe ;)

Memfis said:

make more mods with awsum 3d models, rivers of blood and lol fatalities

Well, it worked.

Even though I don't care much for Brutal Doom as I don't enjoy its gameplay, the fact that it has attracted a lot of people back into the fold, even if only for a little while, cannot be denied.

scalliano said:

So now, if your mod doesn't work with Brutal Doom, then it is shit by default.

GG Essel

Some might stay forever (almost) on side of Doom, some just comes shits and giggles and some are for few years to show their projects they're doing or just comes to say few things (and probably irritating people) then they are off from radar for the time being and WHOOSH, back again either for people's irritation or as a blessing to give us magnificent mod or (mega)wad. Bad or good.

Long story short, bro: People come and go. None can't change that.

A spamming campaign? "CLIK HEAR FOR KICKASS DW, INSTEAD OF YOUR CANDANIAN PHARMCY, FAG0T"

Take out software patents on the level design and gameplay features Doom pioneered or popularized, then shut down ALL the copycats. <evil grin>

Phobus said:

You must plant the seeds and then tend to them, if you want your Doom to grow.

And then you fuck the plant.

GreyGhost said:

Take out software patents on the level design and gameplay features Doom pioneered or popularized, then shut down ALL the copycats. <evil grin>

Are you a strategy planner for Apple? ;)

scalliano said:

So now, if your mod doesn't work with Brutal Doom, then it is shit by default.

What about "beautiful doom"?

Brutal Doom... it looks amazing, but after ripping the head off the tenth Pinkie in a row with the exact same cutscene every time, then no, I don't require every mod out there to support that.