Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

The Doom Confessional Booth

A "girl imp"? I've always thought that demons are all genderless.

MarkAnthony89 said:

I'm not suffering, I'm just having fun, as everyone does in this forum.

Our definitions of fun are too dissimilar to be compared.

MarkAnthony89 said:

And btw, are you talking to me? Better watch how you talk!

Gee, idk, maybe your quotation right there might mean something. I don't give a shit on how I address you.

MarkAnthony89 said:

No, I'm 2.3 WHY?

FTFY

All right, these should suffice. Warning:long post ahead!

-I always try to shoot/punch monsters off ledges, even if it leads to unnecessary danger;
-if I get vision goggles, I will always revisit the areas I was in with the goggles after they expire, so I can see how they would look normally (usually, it pays off);
-if I have a rocket launcher at hand, and the map ends via "teleported", I'll always suicide into said teleported. I always do this, even if I don't intend to play after finishing the level (as an avid pistol starter that uses ZDoom as their main port, it saves time if I intend to continue playing);
- I used to drop the chainsaw after getting a Berserk pack;
-I will punch Archviles if I can, because it's damn funny (thank you Doom Marine!);
-I use automap every 10-20 seconds to check for secrets and to see the shapes on the map;
-I hump every wall that looks even remotely out of place in look for secrets;
-I try to shoot every distant button I can find, unless it's obvious it's supposed to be used via Space;
-even though it used to be my favourite weapon when I was young, I now hate the plasma rifle and will use it seldomly. I cease using it after I find the BFG, reserving it only for revenants in tight quarters and the occasional boss placed distantly on a platform;
-I often try to get myself stuck in maps by going into places I shouldn't be in, but can access directly via straferunning/waiting too long in a secret for it to close/doing something I wasn't supposed to in attempt to break the map. It sometimes succeeds, even in quality projects (recently managed to get stuck in Putrefier);
-whenever I play a conversion and get bored/die to a cheap trap, I will use "give everything" in conjunction with "sv_fastweapons 2" to test out all of it's weapons, even though I hate myself for it afterwards;
-when I was young, I used to challenge myself by taking out the rocket launcher, holding the fire button, moving around the level and trying to stay alive for as long as possible;
-I usually use IDDT and ZDoom's automap options to find secrets after finishing a map;
-when ending a Doom session, I will sometimes use the rocket launcher to suicide by shooting the closest imp/zombieman/wall;
-I check every lava pit for secrets;
-I always try to use the 2 BFG shots strategy when fighting a cyberdemon/multiple cybers, even if it puts me in danger due to lack of space;
-due to my lack of saving, I will sometimes miss a good chunk of the map due to accidentally walking in the exit (when I play classical wads, I usually use the normal doom mapstyle);
I use the rocket launcher to fight Pain Elementals/groups of lost souls;
-I hate fighting bosses with rockets, even when they are provided in abundance before the fight, simply because I feel I am wasting damage potential (only to use the same rockets to miss that distant archvile 5 times in the next room);
-Archviles and Chaingunners are among my favourite doom monsters;
-I don't like using the BFG on lone barons because I feel I am wasting damage, even though it's more effective than using rockets and more time efficient than using the SSG;
-I get in lots of melee fights with barons or hellknights in an attempt to save ammo;
-I hate levels with an overabundance of ammo.

killer2 said:

-I often try to get myself stuck in maps by going into places I shouldn't be in, but can access directly via straferunning/waiting too long in a secret for it to close/doing something I wasn't supposed to in attempt to break the map. It sometimes succeeds, even in quality projects (recently managed to get stuck in Putrefier);

Sounds like a good habit if you're playtesting something. You should probably let the authors (like Ed in this case if you haven't already) know how you got stuck if the wad is relatively new.

BloodyAcid said:

Our definitions of fun are too dissimilar to be compared.
FTFY

You're mistaken, fun is fun.

BloodyAcid said:

I don't give a shit on how I address you.

FTFY

Oh you've better give, MtF*kr!

killer2 said:

-I hate fighting bosses with rockets, even when they are provided in abundance before the fight, simply because I feel I am wasting damage potential (only to use the same rockets to miss that distant archvile 5 times in the next room);

I use rockets whenever it's safe to save shotgun shells. If I see demons or packs of zombiemen and imps in relatively open areas with time to casually switch weapons, the rocket launcher comes out.

MarkAnthony89 said:

Oh, my mistake! Sorry!

If that doublepost was your only mistake... :D

Oh, my newest confession: sometimes I do listen to some OGST whilst doing n'importe quoi.

Another confession: the only reason I really have Ruba's killadve is to watch any demos (in prboom) that seem interesting and to occasionally listen to the music in MAP28. For some reason, I really like the MAP28 music of killadve

I've for some reason thought Ruba was darkwave0000. His 1337 m4p felt like crazy Ruba map to me.

MarkAnthony89 said:

Oh, my mistake! Sorry!

He got banned after being losered? I've been logging in every day for a week just to see what he had to say.

Confession: I think Freedoom is for people who won't pay for Doom. I also don't know anything about Freedoom and am probably wrong; in which case, my confession is that I harbour a grudge against something I don't know anything about.

joe-ilya said:

I completed ultimate /free!doom\ II and the master levels

I translate this to an abbreviated version of:
"I completed
- Ultimate Doom
- Freedoom
- Doom II
- The Master Levels"

joe-ilya said:

Cell said:

I translate this to an abbreviated version of:
"I completed
- Ultimate Doom
- Freedoom
- Doom II
- The Master Levels"

That's what you call a lossy data compression :D

I joined in 09 I forgot about my registration and then I remebered I had one. I know it's confusing.

I am still chugging through the original games.

I have beaten the original Episode one of doom 1 atleast 6 times.
Though that doesn't count.

Final doom is too hard for me and I dislike most of the difficulty.

I miss the old crazy colorful invasion maps of skulltag. I hated the hell elevator one and preferred the ones with colorful cyber demons and crazy enviorments. I really want to find those again. Invasion wasn't fun any more after the elevator. I think the colorful one's were made by some Wario Guy on skulltag.

I hate ghouls forest I can't stand screamers. I want a non screamer version.

I don't entirely dislike ghouls vs humans. I just feel the Ghoul game stuff is like a Fad.

I don't feel I am too skilled of a Doom player.

I used to have to run Doom with software mode only.

When I got opengl I was extremely happy.

Thorgrim103 said:I have beaten the original Episode one of doom 1 atleast 6 times.
Though that doesn't count.\[/B]

Only six?!

I think I go through E1 maybe once every couple of weeks. In fact, I did just that not but a few hours ago, during a big break in between college classes.

Confession part: I used Beautiful Doom.

joe-ilya said:

but I didn't TNT pl\2

For those who didn't understand :
-ultimate doom
-doom II
-ultimate freedoom
-freedoom 2
-masterlevels

killer2 said:

-even though it used to be my favourite weapon when I was young, I now hate the plasma rifle and will use it seldomly. I cease using it after I find the BFG, reserving it only for revenants in tight quarters and the occasional boss placed distantly on a platform;

This seems sane. Plasma rifle is like a piss-poor chaingun with a horrific recovery time and slow projectiles (at least when compared to hitscans/bullets). Mowing down a crowd of zombiemen/imps and seeing the occasional gibs can be funny, but seriously - until the BFG is found, plasma rifle is just a poor chaingun with a different ammo pool.

Scypek2 said:

That's what you call a lossy data compression :D

Hahahaha :D why not?
Maybe I was on lossy dream compression when I dreamt with meowing sprites and wanted to rescript them by something less irritating :D

killer2 said:

ComicMischief said:

This seems sane. Plasma rifle is like a piss-poor chaingun with a horrific recovery time and slow projectiles (at least when compared to hitscans/bullets). Mowing down a crowd of zombiemen/imps and seeing the occasional gibs can be funny, but seriously - until the BFG is found, plasma rifle is just a poor chaingun with a different ammo pool.

What have you guys been smoking? PG is the master-tool! With some training you can learn to hit at least 90% of plasma rounds in all encounters and then nothing kills faster.

BTW – I had the exact opposite - I never liked PG when I was a youngster, I was afraid of everything that made sounds in Doom (especially when playing on PC Speaker) and Plamsa gun is very loud, but now I think it's my favourite weapon.

Cell said:

Hahahaha :D why not?
Maybe I was on lossy dream compression when I dreamt with meowing sprites and wanted to rescript them by something less irritating :D

Come on, don't you feel it got quite old, especially to refer randomly? I don't want to be a meme D: (one man meme, wtf?)

hellothere231 said:

I've never beaten any of the Doom IWADS.

I find it amazing how many people play Doom PWADS/Mods, but never actually played the IWADS themselves. Is it strange I still find this surprising?

Du Mhan Yhu said:

I find it amazing how many people play Doom PWADS/Mods, but never actually played the IWADS themselves. Is it strange I still find this surprising?

Well, i've played them, but i've never beat them.