Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franckFRAG

[DOOM2]Bellatrix

I love all of these little maps we're getting these days. Solid, dependable Doom-y goodness. Good work!

nice map, here's another fda if you're into that sort of thing. good choice of midi.

I'd definitely play more maps like this :)

Ribbiks said:

nice map, here's another fda if you're into that sort of thing. good choice of midi.

I'd definitely play more maps like this :)

I agree.

So what _is_ it about maps like this that are so fun?

Have you tested this on doom2.exe? I'm getting the Z_Free -error message.

Thanks for FDAs :)

gggmork said:

Fun short blast through map, monster threats from multiple directions which I tend to like, not too hard but I died anyway, looks good. Took forever for me to find the key because I'm hopeless at fda:
http://filesmelt.com/dl/bellatrix-01-fda-ggg.lmp

With a lot of haste, the map seems more difficult :P

I was amused seeing how you took time to find the key x)

omegamer said:

Wow really really nice map, I'd like to see a MegaWAD with only such maps!

I am tried to make a megawad, but I tend to drop my projects. (Even if I created my maps in 2 days). :s

kristus said:

My family used to have a boat named Bellatrix.

Originally, the wad was called "Orion", without any reason, it is the first name which came to mind me. But, I preferred to know more about "Orion" I found the name of "Bellatrix" which is a star of the constellation of Orion. :) Maybe I shall create a new map, with the name of another star, of this constellation :) To make then a small compilation.^^

Memfis said:

How nice to hear that my maps inspired you. Beautiful level, I really liked the design. Here is a FDA.

I like very much your maps, by their architectures, and especially by this impression of serenity. It is what I wanted to retranscribe in my map :) I think that the music contributes to it a lot, I found it by chance in my HDD. x)

ASD said:

Have you tested this on doom2.exe? I'm getting the Z_Free -error message.

The map works well on Chocolate Doom, but I didn't test on doom2.exe, that means this error? I don't know it :s

Memfis said:

I found a jump that you probably didn't know about and recorded a max demo. :) - http://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1138596

Ah nice trick!! I was not on that this trick was possible. :)

Hey!

I finally released the second Bellatrix's map!

I however don't found a music which corresponds well to this map, I would have wanted a music in the same vibrate that the first one map. BTW, the map01 music is not well read on Zdoom, it is also because of the format, that the wad crash on doom2.exe, I shall soon rectify that.

(map01 and 02) DL => http://www.mediafire.com/?vj2o1vljat6zcgw

Fun, very nice outdoor area. Here is a FDA. After I reached the exit I tried to find all secrets, that probably will be boring to watch.

So you need a midi for this map if I understand correctly? If so, you could take a look at Anigav wads, they feature music in a similar style.

Thank you for the link, I put generally one hour to find a music which suits me :P

No, your FDA is not boring toward the end, I have absolutely wanted to see if you would have find all secrets, I doubted, but finally, you found them all :P

franckFRAG said:

BTW, the map01 music is not well read on Zdoom, it is also because of the format, that the wad crash on doom2.exe, I shall soon rectify that.

I don't understand. How isn't is read correctly in ZDoom? It seemed fine to me.

Incidentally, what song is it and where does it come from? The metadata says it was converted from XMI, so it was presumably from some old game...

The music is read on Zdoom, but with some "holes" However, on other port as PrBoom, or Chocolate Doom, the music is read without holes, you are right for the music, it is at the origin of an old game : " The 11th Hour ".

edit, @ Obsidian, nah :P again some maps moreover, I have a lot of idea for news maps :)

fda, nice little map. I would consider changing the imps+block_sound lines after the YK door, you can just sit outside the room and pick them off one by one without the others waking up.

Played it a couple times on HMP, but didn't get past a few minutes. Might try it again on ITYTD, or with Buddha mode on. But it's fun. Nice feel, nice look, nice music; tight ammo and health (so far).

Question: is this switch in the first room intended to be activatable from the floor?