Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

Doom2Remake By Me !*Pre-alpha v0.3 GamePlay Footage*!

*4/2/13 Update*
I'v tried to make it more similier to the original doom, please say what you think :

*5/2/13 Update* :
I'v changed the length of the keyframes so it will be more similar to the original doom animation :

I think it's really cool to see a Doom level in true 3d but I think because of the cartoonish nature of the textures and level design making it so high-res like you are makes it look like something you'd see in a DeVry School of Game Design commercial or something. By adding all these neat effects to it, it looks cheaper.

Yeah I don't wanna be a downer but, I think you'd be better off working on something original and not trying to remake doom

I just don't like the imp. Don't take this badly from me, I'm still yet to see hi-res monsters that I do like.

I like how BRONZE1, BRONZE2 and FLOOR0_1 look. PIPE4 looks cool too, but the green wall texture doesn't look right to me, although it may look better once they are all implemented.

While this looks neat, rather than a remake, it looks more like a replica, and the effects you're struggling to achieve could be handled by an advanced Doom-compatible engine with high-res textures etc. without the added ethical/legal problem of creating a too close Doom look-alike that works without the IWADs.

Once again, I think your talent could be put to better use by contributing to one of the existing hi-res texture or model projects, rather than limiting your creations to a game engine that, realistically, will never be Doom with a D.

Um... I think you should remake this imp model of yours. Not improve, remake. No offense, but I think it has too many polys, which can cause *trouble* with playability (I think you'd need to use CryEngine to make it run). Also these dull spikes on it look like they're made of rubber. Try sharpening 'em a bit. And I think it has too much muscle mass (on the stomach, of course). No offense, man, but for now it is SCP:CB tier.

Yes, it does continue to look interesting.
Looking forward to the next release! :)

Wow, that was quick! ;)
Great release, but where's the imp and music? ;(

Cire said:

Wow, that was quick! ;)
Great release, but where's the imp and music? ;(

Thanks, next release it will have them :)

Tried out rev3, I'm lovin' it so far, though the imp seem to have what looks like a laser sight or something, is that a bug or intentional?

Cire said:

Tried out rev3, I'm lovin' it so far, though the imp seem to have what looks like a laser sight or something, is that a bug or intentional?

He supposed to have glowing eyes like in the original .

Btw for who ever who cant/wont/too lasy to download the game i made a video of it :

And this is how it looks in blender ( The program i use to build it with ) :

Please comment :)

Yeah, I meant the red line between the imp and the player which is also visible in the video.

Cire said:

Yeah, I meant the red line between the imp and the player which is also visible in the video.

Ah yeah this one shows his path i forgot to cancel it x)

Its coming along much faster then I would have expected. For very early stages this looks promising.

I do think the Imp needs a bit more work and the animation is a bit rough! This can always be revisited later though.

Bet you are having fun making this!

Looks/feels better than I'd thought. Now remake NUTS.WAD ;-)

bcwood16 said:

Its coming along much faster then I would have expected. For very early stages this looks promising.

I do think the Imp needs a bit more work and the animation is a bit rough! This can always be revisited later though.

Bet you are having fun making this!

Yep i do :)

Maes said:

Looks/feels better than I'd thought. Now remake NUTS.WAD ;-)

Hehe, nuts.wad will require a computer that this humanity is yet to build .

*14/2/13 Update - NEW RELEASE ( REV3.7 )*
NEW FIREBALL !!! 3.5->3.7 Fix fireball, now going your way even in the z axis and dosnt shoot if you are not in his sight .
http://www.mediafire.com/?92pxlrj14l39mb1
It took some time i know,blender dosnt have game particle system so i had to write my own, Please download this version and tell how is your framerate, thanks .

video ( Frame rate dropped because of Fraps ) :