Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Megalyth

Random Map Drop

This is some kind of pumping station map I made some time last year. It was supposed to be part of a small episode I was working on that will probably not happen any time soon. I don't even know what to call it.

A pretty fun little map with a variety of environments and challenges. It's vanilla compatible and runs on Doom2 map01. The music is from the level 3 boss of Ranger-X (midi sequenced by Joo "Johnnyz" Buaes), for any interested. Ranger-X had some of my absolute favorite Genesis-era music, and it fits this map very well IMO.

Linky

Some screens:

Hellbent said:

This is a fine effort. Thanks!

Very nice. Perhaps even better than a certain little french girl's work.

[JackSparrow]"Oh, shut it!"[/JackSparrow]

I died just before I got the red key. It's a nice map, definitely worth using in a megawad or some such. :)

Memfis said:

FDA

Nice run. Thanks for recording that, it's cool to see how much differently other players tackle obstacles. When the only person that's really play-tested your own maps is yourself, you tend to get locked into a play pattern, where you almost expect other people to play the map the same way you do. I tried to avoid that with some interesting traps and a bit of openness, but naturally, improvements can always be made.

I'll fix that flying stimpack (and a few other minor things that I've noticed) and upload a new version at some point.

nice map, here's a blind playthrough:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f1l32r9jkoql6fk

There were some nailbiting moments, in particular dancing with 2 revs and then later on with the 2 archies. All the while I was very low on ammo, though I'm a bit fuzzy with the mouse on prboom so I end up shooting the walls a lot.

For some reason I got a bit lost after the yellow key, thats just me being a spazz.

mouldy said:

blind playthrough

Good job with those revenants, I thought you were going to kick the bucket there. You were exceptionally low on ammo the entire time, something I haven't seen yet in this map. Great job surviving that setup.

Thanks for the FDAs, guys.

great map! very fun to play. though I thought it was a bit easy. here's another fda to throw on the pile.

I appreciate traps that give you adequate space to move around whenever new monsters are revealed. ammo balance was near perfect. a bit too much health, though it's often better to err on slight over-supply anyways. good music choice too.

make more