Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aubrey Hodges

Official DOOM Playstation Soundtrack Release

Aubrey Hodges said:

It's fixed and a new version is now downloadable. If your download link to it has expired let me know. I will make that one track free for awhile if necessary so everyone can re-download it. Let me know if that is needed.

-Aubrey

Yes please. Download links from bandcamp seems to die very quickly :( Its impossible to download updated version without having to ask to the support service for a reactivation.

BTW, there are also a lot of glitches on the PSX album: 15 - Corrupted (Level - Deimos Lab) For instance at 0:13, 2:25, 3:21

byblo said:
BTW, there are also a lot of glitches on the PSX album: 15 - Corrupted (Level - Deimos Lab) For instance at 0:13, 2:25, 3:21 [/B]

oshi—
I hadn't gotten around to the other two DOOM soundtracks. 64 took kind of a toll being almost four hours long but totally worth every second. :)

Can't wait for Sacred Places, Aubrey. Sounds fascinating. I take it it's a pretty serene album, not menacing in the least; that's perfectly fine by me since I'm all into calming music, too, and I like experiencing different facets of artists I like.

Hey Aubrey I used Psound and scanned through the PSX DOOM data a while ago and I was wondering what the story with this sound I found with your samples you used with your music. I sped it up to it's possible original speed.

http://dc586.4shared.com/img/3352066985/f9345d1a/dlink__2Fdownload_2FdJT5KOrx_3Ftsid_3D20130209-160858-a7e21cb6_26dsid_3D3wog6.42c38a56dff3036e205dd429aaed2bd8/preview.mp3?sId=tC8s91F7YxWKFfRT

CacoDoomer said:

Hey Aubrey I used Psound and scanned through the PSX DOOM data a while ago and I was wondering what the story with this sound I found with your samples you used with your music. I sped it up to it's possible original speed.

http://dc586.4shared.com/img/3352066985/f9345d1a/dlink__2Fdownload_2FdJT5KOrx_3Ftsid_3D20130209-160858-a7e21cb6_26dsid_3D3wog6.42c38a56dff3036e205dd429aaed2bd8/preview.mp3?sId=tC8s91F7YxWKFfRT

This was talked about earlier in the thread. It was slowed down something like 300 times and played in slightly different keys. It gave an slow grumbling sound to the track. Check earlier in this thread or search Deimos anomaly sped up 300 on YouTube

Aubrey Hodges said:

You can hear it for youself...

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/al...cial-soundtrack

I have released the "Official Quake 64 Soundtrack". All music from the game is present in extended versions and I did 2 new remixes as bonus tracks.

Enjoy!

-Aubrey

Yeah, its the same kind of great ambient stuff. Although to be honest, its not as good as Doom 64. I'll buy it this week and play it inside Doom :p

I think I might prefer the Quake N64 score to DOOM 64. Love 'em both, but Quake just has more weirdness going on with the production.

Posted this on another board but hell, may as well post it here:

Last night I played one of the tracks while lying in bed at like 4 a.m. and just closed my eyes and the weirdest $#!7 was happening in my mind. Can't really explain it but to call it a continually morphing, moving painting of landscapes and animal/demonic visages that was kind of a cross between van Gogh and Mexican Day of the Dead art but super intrinsically detailed and almost carved rather than painted.

It was weird, unsettling, and neato.

Man, this is totally "shut out the lights, lie in bed and be freaked out" music.

Abnormal Freak said:

I think I might prefer the Quake N64 score to DOOM 64. Love 'em both, but Quake just has more weirdness going on with the production.

Posted this on another board but hell, may as well post it here:

So glad to hear that you like the tracks. I went a little more "synththetic dissonance" in Quake. Also, you may want to take a listen to these tracks while you're at it...

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/quake-2-nintendo-64-official-soundtrack

Quake 2 N64 has been released. Check it out and see if you get the same weird vibes.

-Aubrey

That was fast. Had internet issues for a bit, came back online to look into getting the Quake one, and Quake 2 is there!

Gotta hear that soundtrack, the original PC version's epic music is pretty burnt into my head. Quake 1 on the other hand I had never really played on any platform..

Good stuff. Quake II was my most anticipated release since learning Razor was an alias. Now looking forward to QIII; never played the console version, but I'm excited to hear the music.

Abnormal Freak said:

Good stuff. Quake II was my most anticipated release since learning Razor was an alias. Now looking forward to QIII; never played the console version, but I'm excited to hear the music.

Quake 3 Arena is a very different approach musically speaking. It's pretty much nothing but a deathmatch game so the music is high energy electronic stuff. I teamed up with one of my best friends (Composer/Guitarist, Dale Stump) to get that accomplished. We have written together off and on on tons of stuff and he really brought alot of energy to the work. I hope to have it ready soon.

-Aubrey

Cool. Once it's uploaded, if you can give a breakdown of who composed and performed which tracks (unless Dale worked on all of the tracks with you), that'd really help out a lot. I've been managing a profile on you at the Video Game Music Database, heh.

http://vgmdb.net/artist/5831
(Quake II is already on the site but a mod has to link it to the composer profile page.)

I really dig Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly's music for the PC QIIIA so I'm looking forward to your take on the game.

Abnormal Freak said:

Cool. Once it's uploaded, if you can give a breakdown of who composed and performed which tracks (unless Dale worked on all of the tracks with you), that'd really help out a lot. I've been managing a profile on you at the Video Game Music Database, heh.

http://vgmdb.net/artist/5831
(Quake II is already on the site but a mod has to link it to the composer profile page.)

I really dig Sonic Mayhem and Front Line Assembly's music for the PC QIIIA so I'm looking forward to your take on the game.

Quake 3 Arena Dreamcast Soundtrack is now available.

http://aubreyhodges.bandcamp.com/album/quake-3-arena-dreamcast-official-soundtrack

Dale and I worked on all tracks together.

Enjoy!

-Aubrey

Abnormal Freak said:

Sounds good, really liking all the tracks. Sad it's a bit short but what can ya do?

When's the next lossless Bandcamp release? :D

Thanks for all the nice comments about the release.

The next release will most likely be "Journey Into The Sacred Places", a very magical and peaceful ambient collection. I will then take a look at perhaps re-doing some of the old Sierra tracks using live instruments and modern day samples. The limitations for composing were hardcore back then. It was hard to make anything feel musical and immersive with those restrictions.

Also, I might assist some of the various Doom mod projects with tracks as well, I have a ton of left over samples that were never used and it might be fun to create some fresh dark ambient tracks for Doom once again. For those that are interested please PM me or email and we can talk specifics. -Aubrey

Aubrey Hodges said:

Thanks for all the nice comments about the release.

The next release will most likely be "Journey Into The Sacred Places", a very magical and peaceful ambient collection. I will then take a look at perhaps re-doing some of the old Sierra tracks using live instruments and modern day samples. The limitations for composing were hardcore back then. It was hard to make anything feel musical and immersive with those restrictions.

Also, I might assist some of the various Doom mod projects with tracks as well, I have a ton of left over samples that were never used and it might be fun to create some fresh dark ambient tracks for Doom once again. For those that are interested please PM me or email and we can talk specifics. -Aubrey

it would be great to see a new doom64 ex wad. maybe see if the arch vile sounds can be found, or made as you imagined originally.. if only frank gilman would give us the 3d models, we might find the cut resources, and could do a hi-rez doom 64 mod and expansion! and yes, the question has been answeared, the 3d models sit on a disc somewhere in his house, and he doesnt seem to wanna make the effort to give us a copy!:(

ShaneAmp said:

maybe see if the arch vile sounds can be found, or made as you imagined originally

Definitely this. I don't know if the PSX Lost Level people ever followed that up, but they originally were planning to use Arch-Viles in Hunted and thus would need the PSX Arch-sounds

Eris Falling said:

the PSX Arch-sounds

does those sounds even exist?

if they do, who has them?

and how do you get them?

I feel there is a great demand of getting those sounds!

I hope they exist on a hard drive or CD somewhere. It would be quite sad if those sounds had been lost forever - it's an obscure little piece of Doom history that deserves publicity.

Aubrey Hodges said:

I will then take a look at perhaps re-doing some of the old Sierra tracks using live instruments and modern day samples. The limitations for composing were hardcore back then. It was hard to make anything feel musical and immersive with those restrictions.

I think it would be cool that in addition to recreations, you were to include the original, primitive versions as bonus tracks. I'm pretty nostalgic for a lot of those old Sierra games and how they sounded, just think it would be a fun touch to include.

Abnormal Freak said:

I think it would be cool that in addition to recreations, you were to include the original, primitive versions as bonus tracks. I'm pretty nostalgic for a lot of those old Sierra games and how they sounded, just think it would be a fun touch to include.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I may even include the FM synth versions too. The songs have a unique quality to them when played on an Adlib or Soundblaster! Hehe