Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Rage editor finally being released on Steam today.

kristus said:

Well. after a few seconds in the editor. I can tell it certainly is based off of Radiant. Though quite different none the less.

That actually sounds neat, since I've used bit of Radiant (if not full success, sadly.)

I would really like to take a look, but internet sucks balls, and I need new PC to handle it by the looks of it...

After loading the well and had it active in the editor. My computer were running at about 1/3rd of it's capacity and using 3GB of ram. I have a 6 core AMD Phenom II 1055T processor running at 3.51GHZ and 8gb of ram, for sake of reference.

This is good news, Rage may have been weak at places, but I enjoyed it :)

Cant wait to see what the community does with mods - yay

I didn't try much. Just browsed around a bit.
I'm glad they kept the old camera controls. I know some people are opposed to those, but I think they're great. I love how it's not a "mode" and you always have easy access to modifying the camera position and rotation with the keyboard, freeing up the mouse for other important tasks.
That's easily one of my favorite things about Radiant.

Shaviro said:

I didn't try much. Just browsed around a bit.
I'm glad they kept the old camera controls. I know some people are opposed to those, but I think they're great. I love how it's not a "mode" and you always have easy access to modifying the camera position and rotation with the keyboard, freeing up the mouse for other important tasks.
That's easily one of my favorite things about Radiant.

Agreed.

OH, does this mean we can populate the sandy outside world of bad guys. Would love to have them spawn randomly all the time so we can run them over or go by foot and enjoy the megatexture art work without shooting by it in a car because walking was to dull.

I do think this was a really fun game, story was pants, but felt alot of potential was wasted. Maybe because of silly console limitations. If we can MOD the hell out of the PC version it could be awesome!

I fucked around with the megatextures a bit. It's not as unstable as some people made it out to be on D3W forums. But on my computer. Stamping the textures are a pretty slow stuttering affair.

I quite like the editor though. It's a lot more polished than DoomRadiant I feel. (Which IMO already was the best Radiant, GTKRadiant being bizarrely weaker mapping tool, even if it is more stable.)