Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

For those who are interested in noobcrap... (I found my old maps)

I was never going to release these maps, but who would say no when Memfis asks such kindly :D
These maps are my first ever attempts at Doom mapping. I made them in late 2011 and early 2012. Frankly, I was absolute noob at that time, and I was more experimenting with what the editor can do than concentrating on making a good playable map.
The maps are made in Skulltag : Doom in Doom format, which is probably the worst format choice ever. I didn't know about formats at that time, but I was using only port Skulltag, so I chose Skulltag format :( However, I didn't actually used Skulltag speific actors, so these maps should be playable in ZDoom and Zandronum (even without loading skulltagactors.pk3), too.
Screenees here.

http://speedy.sh/H4QeV/mujWad1.zip

I'm sorry for my speech and for not including screenshots directly. I'm too tired now :)

By the way, one "little curiosity": The first map of this wad I drawed on the paper as a map intended for my Flash game experiment. I didn't even know about Doom mapping at that time. The Flash game never became completed, and I'm not experimenting with Flash anymore since I started mapping for Doom.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention: Jumping, crouching, freelooking is required. And don't expect yourself to be able to obtain 100% kills on these maps. Or complete the last ones without cheating.

I am going to try these now :-) I didn't get very far after the elevator there is a door that opens and the door only half opens.

>>> ah crouching. How do I do that in Skulltag :-)

The first map uh feels short and sweet :-) With plenty of places I couldn't get to, but maybe those are secrets that I need to work to get. There's nothing wrong with it, but it is a little bland and straight forward.

The second map was short as well and showed good potential with creativity from the rock crag and the trap with the lost souls to the uh meat locker.

geo said:

plenty of places I couldn't get to, but maybe those are secrets that I need to work to get. There's nothing wrong with it, but it is a little bland and straight forward.

Just to warn you and every other person playing this: one of the secret areas in the first map can be accessed only by jumping on imps, while they're alive. As I said, I was an experimentator and I probably thought it's cool and whatnot idea. And I used similar ideas all over the wad.

Sorry for disappointing you...

Third map had some interesting uh map movements. But before the movements / canyon I remember thing. Maybe these should all be combined into one map?

On the negative side your elevators are making me want to throw up. The movement :-) slow watching the textures...

Forth map has some good puzzle things that I don't recall seeing in Doom before. Good traps as usual. This stuff all shows potential. It just needs some details.