Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devalaous

Daikatana is now on GOG

are there any mods that make the game less terrible? I mean, I got through Duke Nukem Forever for histories sake, But Daikatana's dreadfulness is just a little too good at making me it's bitch.

geo said:

And from everything I hear, the N64 version is the terrible one and not the PC.

Jesus christ. I just watched a LP of some brit playing this game. 38 videos later and he finally completed the fifth level. AND GAVE UP. That is the definition of awful.

I really like GOG. This is the way digital distribution platforms should be run. Tried Greenmangaming, but their download client thing is kind of annoying. Uninstalled it after the download finished, heh. Anything's better than Steam, though.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Wait, they're charging for it? I remember one of the earlier digital distribution sites used to give it away for free.

Still not cheap enough.

One thing that my early playing experience has told me is that I'm "enjoying" AvP2 style graphics, hilariously overdone head-bobbing in cutscenes and some of the loosest physics I've ever felt. Seriously, where is the friction?

The Marsh level (which I've beaten and am now in a sewer) felt like a cross between Unreal and Quake, with really, really annoying enemies (damn dragonflies and poisonous frogs...) The strange thing is, somewhere in all of this awfulness, I'm having fun and actually feel compelled to keep going.

Phobus said:

The strange thing is, somewhere in all of this awfulness, I'm having fun and actually feel compelled to keep going.

That means that John Romero is done "breaking you in", and thus made you his bitch. You'll keep cumming back for more now. HAHA IT'S TOO LATE TO TURN BACK NOW!

CorSair said:

Oh shit we lost Phobus to the Pod people! D:

I won't be missed, but god dammit save yourselves!