Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Amazing new valley benchmark for your graphics card.

http://www.unigine.com/products/valley/

This is an amazing benchmark that simulates 64 square kilometers of terrain with wind and rain. See how you go in this amazing application.

This is what I got.

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0
FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows 8 (build 9200) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz (2933MHz) x2
GPU model:
AMD Radeon HD 6670 9.12.0.0 (1024MB) x1
Settings
Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1680x1050 fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
High
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013

Damn, and I thought the Heaven benchmark looked good. Anyway, here's what I got:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Platform:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3400MHz) x4
GPU model:
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series 12.100.17.0 (3072MB) x1

Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1600x900 8xAA fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
Ultra

Looks like everyone is using different custom settings, as a result, the scores are not standardized.

In the future, it would be good to use the Basic, Extreme, or Extreme HD presets when doing this, so we can all compare scores under similar conditions.

As highlighted:

I ran it on whatever the standard settings were. "Custom" quality seems to be the default preset.

People are running it at different resolutions too, which is going to have some effect on the results if you want to be finicky.

In case the resized text is not clear, I'm running 2x GTX 680 4GB in SLI, with a 3770k @ 4.2GHz (disregard processor specs on screenie).

NOTES:

1. At "Basic Preset," both GPU's sat idle around 40-60% throughout the benchmark. This preset is CPU-limited as far as my setup goes.

2. At "Extreme Preset," both GPU's ramped up to 70-90%.

3. At "Extreme HD Preset," both GPU's ramped up to 90-100%. VRAM usage was around 1200MB.

4. Basic Preset (DX9) had lower max AND min framerates than Extreme/Extreme-HD (DX11).
My hypothesis is that DX11 somehow improved performance by better optimizing multithreaded operations.

5. Lower settings net higher scores, but it won't test the capacity of high-end GPU's. The GPU's will sit there idle while the CPU process single-threaded data.

DoomUK said:

People are running it at different resolutions too, which is going to have some effect on the results if you want to be finicky.

The three presets solve this by having locked-in resolutions. Basic is 1280x720, Extreme is 1600x900, and Extreme-HD is 1080p.

I ran the first and last. But oinly saved the last. For the Basic benchmark results. You can add 15-20fps to each of the values and you get the approximate. But i've had this computer a while now and intend to replace it once I get a job and a paycheck.

Pretty amusing, my single HD6970 2GB was averaging about 25 FPS on the max settings. I'm embarrassed to say how high the temperature was though, I really need to get another case or one of these days my shit will melt, I swear. I was looking at my CPU and RAM meters on the other monitor as it was running, and they were virtually untouched, like 25% usage on each core and almost no ram used.

While it's pretty I guess, most of the time these days I'm having a harder time with CPU intensive games than GPU ones. Huge open world games like Planetside 2 and Arma 2 with tons and tons of shit going on really take their toll on your processor. I'm still running a phenom 2 quad core, and it's really starting to show its age.

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System

Platform:
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3392MHz) x4
GPU model:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 9.17.10.2867/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 9.18.13.1396 (2108MB) x1
Settings

Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset
Extreme HD

Heh. Looks pretty awesome, kinda makes me want to play skyrim again or something :P

I actually just started playing Skyrim again, or rather, I'm playing the Skyrim metagame of getting the perfect set of mods together. Lots of WIP stuff that's less than perfect but it makes it a fresh experience at least.

Yeah, I'm not even going to try that. I feel my computer sweating, just looking at the video. Don't worry, baby. I would never hurt you like that.

Someone should make a Doom benchmark mod like this. ;D

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3534MHz) x4
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 9.18.13.697 (4095MB) x1
Settings
Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
Preset
Extreme HD

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System
Platform:
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz (2663MHz) x2
GPU model:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 9.18.13.1033 (1024MB) x1
Settings
Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
Preset
Custom
Quality
High

This is for my main PC, running on the Extreme preset, although it put me down as custom because I looked in the settings menu afterwards :\

It's quite a few years old now, but rarely gets much of a work out anyway. Was quite amusing to see the temperature climb from 21C to 63C over the course of the benchmark. This valley thing looks really nice and I was glad to see that, despite it's age, my PC could handle it well enough to admire. I'm tempted to d/l this on my lappy and let that have a go at it too, as the laptop is newer and similarly spec'd.

Doom Marine said:

My Guest PC: An i7 920 @ 3.5GHz and Radeon HD 5850

Man you treat your guests like garbage THAT'S IT HUY I'M NEVER STAYING OVER YOUR HOUSE UGH!!!

BloodyAcid said:

I don't hit half the sysreq. Should I even bother?

Sure, just to see if you can beat exp(x)'s score.

Shaikoten said:

Man you treat your guests like garbage THAT'S IT HUY I'M NEVER STAYING OVER YOUR HOUSE UGH!!!

I was just going to let you use my main rig when you're over... chill out bro!

DoomUK said:

Sure, just to see if you can beat exp(x)'s score.

Until I see someone else post a Linux score, I'm going to guess that there's something wrong with that version of the benchmark. My computer isn't THAT bad.

Now if only they can add houses and random zombies and guns around with a shooter mechanic. We'd have a game.

geo said:

Now if only they can add houses and random zombies and guns around with a shooter mechanic. We'd have a game.

So, DayZ standalone, coming out this year?