Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

Test your IQ

Dear fodders@ntlworld.com

Thank you very much for participating in The National IQ Test on the BBC.

We hope you enjoyed it.

Your IQ score is:

Logon at http://www.bbc.co.uk/testthenation for the analysis of IQ scores.
Find out how 'clever' your region is, or check out which team has the
brightest football supporters. Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,

The BBC Test the Nation team
Damn thing is crap, mine was measured years and years ago at 157

Dear nerima6@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for participating in The National IQ Test on the BBC.

We hope you enjoyed it.

Your IQ score is:

This is an evaluation for the Brit populace? How do they ensure that the national scores won't be tainted by non-British? Especially those of us who use a generic extranational e-mail, like Hotmail?

I don't have time right now to take this particular test. I was tested properly in school (a "real" I.Q. test, one Mensa would recognise) and tested at 128 Which means I can't be a member :/

JavaGuy said:

Gah... 110. Oh well.

Well this I.Q. test is British. Just spend a week or so drinking tea, eating crumpets, playing cricket, waving the Union Jack around, and saying "pip pip cheerio" every chance you get. Take the test again and you'll do much better :)

Hmm...I just finished it. I won't be surprised if they are horrible, for these reasons:

1) I'm tired as fuck
2) I was being distracted by music
3) Some of the goddamn answers wouldn't click in
4) I'm tired as Hell

oh god. I am going to hate myself after tonight. I complty fucked the number questions. I'm not sure I want to know any more. Maybe i'll just distroy the email when it arrives.

I believe your IQ test is a bit faulty or at least slandered a bit. If you get 130 you are considered genius. 100 is average. So if everyone is above 100 it seems off... Maybe it's just me but I don't think it is right. Then again those are 'on a need to know basis like questions' and I don't think in a 'real' IQ test I would get a 152 either. : D

Black

The average IQ is 100. A score between 90 and 110 indicates average intelligence; over 110 points is in the highest 25%, meanwhile anyone with an IQ of 130 or above can consider themselves in the top 2% of the population.

table I see that it is also age related, so my score if I was in lower age group would only be 126 ish

Bullshit, I'm smarter, I just get a bit fuddled when I see numbers. Plus, it would sometimes pick one that I didn't click on. Bloody Hell!

Actually, I'm not very media-educated. I have a life beyond computers and TV.

Alright, now stop laughing.

fodders said:

Perhaps this will suit you better :)

That website is retarded. I know jack and shit about the rest of the internet. And thats all it asked.

Yes I'd have to agree that it isn't right. It seems credible in it's attempts to seem realistic, but I don't think that the questions are in any way a focus of that. A genius (130+) is a gifted person in some way, shape, or form. Although people usually recognize these gifted people through music and artwork it can also be symptoms of even things like great memorization or literature comprehension.

Or maybe it is credible. I can't really say because I've never taken an actual IQ test before. To me, it just seems different than what I had understood an IQ test to be.

Black

There are a number of different methods which purport to measure intelligence, the most famous of which is perhaps the IQ, or 'Intelligence Quotient' test. The 'Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale' began life in early 20th century Paris, as part of Alfred Binet’s efforts to educate children with learning difficulties. Those that obtained a score below their age were considered "retarded".

IQ is a 'psychometric' test, meaning it measures mental ability. However, defining intelligence is far from simple. There are two main schools of thought. The first believes in an inherited, genetically determined intellect that can be measured. The second group of psychologists believe in many intelligences, the development of which may be the result of our social background. They also think that measuring these intelligences is also problematic.

The modern day IQ test measures a variety of different types of ability such as verbal, mathematical, spatial, memory and reasoning. The test is then 'pre-tested' on a group of people representative of the wider population. Then it's graded so that the majority of people will be get between 90-110.

I got a lousy 121.

I was actualy tested before for my IQ, but I have no idea what it is because my mom didn't want to know it, and that just kinda means that I never found out either. All the tester people said was that it was high.

Shit I had a relly high IQ when I was a kid (haven't gotten tested but I sure FEEL dumber) so they started me a year early. THen they skipped me forward a grade so I missed grade 3 or 4. So I was 2 years younger and way smaller than everyone in my class. So apparent high IQ = gonna get your ass kicked daily for 8 years...

Thanks Mom!

Bah, most IQ tests are worthless, I range between 90 and 144 in IQ, depends which test result I feel like going with for the day.

But anyway, I'm pretty sure I failed the "memory" portion of the test... I forgot about this thread and forgot to check my email for the test results once I finished it :P

Now that it's a day later I think I'll check...

Look at that, a perfect average of my highest and lowest score. Yippie.

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Averaged out from 3 real IQ tests.

...and that's the best username you could think of?

Lüt said:

...and that's the best username you could think of?

It was either that or "Lord Zarg The Deeply Terrfying, Destroyer Of Worlds, He Who Lays Waste To Hope"...but that wouldn't fit.

:-)