Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myk

Miscellaneous demos (part 2) [please post in part 3 instead]

gggood job! :)
btw that map is for -complevel 2 actually, dunno if it matters much. (probably not)

Fistful of Doom Map01 UV Speed 1:23 Can easily be improved (I think under a minute can be done personally). Made some errors such as going for the SSG and the Berserk to name a couple. Complevel 9 (wasn't too sure if any of the others so just chose 9 to be on the safe side).

fistful01-uvs.zip

where where

Springy said:

Fistful of Doom Map01 UV Speed 1:23

heh you pressed the exit switch with 0 hp

Memfis said:

where where

heh you pressed the exit switch with 0 hp

Yeah man, like I said I made a couple of mistakes in there, I thought to myself "shit got to start over." but remembered that it is a W1 exit linedef so I got a bit lucky there. :P My aim right near the end suddenly went tits up hence taking a bit of extra damage near the end.
As I promised, here is my UV Speed of Castle Doom Map01 in 0:54.

cstl01-uvs.zip

Kind of pointless but here's a Pacifist run of Medley's E1M1 in 0:16. Included is the Stroller run in another zip in the time of 0:25. Just realised, that Stroller can also be counted as a Reality but even so it's not too hard to do.

I also have a question, when filling out a profile I take it that these must be sent to Andy and you can't actually set one up on the DSDA page or am I missing something? Thanks guys.

med01-016.zip

32-in-24-diet Map01 UV Speed in 0:32, complevel 9. Yeah I know I played atrocious and recorded this quite early in the morning hence the lack of good dodging but I'm proud of it in a way. Can be improved easily I reckon.

diet01-032.zip

Three demos this time for Wonderful Doom all for E1M1. I have a Pacifist in 0:14, respawn in 1:36 and NM100S in 0:57. These being my first attempts (well second but first map set to do them on) at a respawn and NM100S. They're all in the zip folder.

wd01-014.zip

Plut said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17055
Kuchitsu map05 UV-Max in 3:18

I was just playing this WAD and noticed that in GZDoom, there's a nice shortcut in MAP02 - doesn't work in PrBoom as far as I can tell, although maybe there's a compatibility option that would allow it to do so (I don't play in PrBoom). Attached is a quick demonstration.

Kuchitsu MAP02 UV-Pacifist in 0:19

kus2-019.zip

Springy said:

Nitelife map01 respawn in 2:15

Lol, sudden Romero screams scared me a bit, didn't expect that. Nice to see a new demo for this wad, I love it for the night city theme, cool music and some fun maps.

Kuchitsu map02 UV Speed in 0:56. I did awful in this but got my green key pick up escape right. I died at the end and landed on the boat.

kus02s056.zip

Springy: as far as I can tell, all your attachments are 7z files that have been given the zip extension. They should actually be zip format, as well as being named that way. Please adjust your settings or use a different zipping tool.

Also, links to the wad are nice, especially when it isn't something very well known.

Grazza said:

Springy: as far as I can tell, all your attachments are 7z files that have been given the zip extension. They should actually be zip format, as well as being named that way. Please adjust your settings or use a different zipping tool.

Also, links to the wad are nice, especially when it isn't something very well known.

Okay, sorry about that will edit that post. Damn, does that mean I have to redo all my demo zip files? I'm not too familiar with zips it just seemed to work and upload when I put .zip at the end when packaging them, sorry.