Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Unstable polygon textures with 3D models.

When I export to MD2, it doesn't seem too stable within GZDoom. So far, the worst offender is a holy water bottle I attempted to have as an item;

At first, I thought it could be the fault of Blender's exporter but I imported the MD2 file back in and it looks fine.

I think it may have something to do with the UV Mapping (I tend to move around the verteces in the UV Map so there aren't different sections bleeding through where they're not supposed to) but I tried leaving it unmodified and it still gave me problems. If it helps, here's the MD2 file and UV Map;

http://www.filedropper.com/holywater_1

D00Med said:

So yes you might just have to redo the model, or logically...REINSTALL!

Reinstall what, Blender? Because I tried Skulltag and it was giving me the same crap. Also, what's wrong with the model that I have to redo it? It seems to be consistently glitching all my models so redoing it probably won't help.

http://i50.tinypic.com/33jtiip.png

I'm not sure why your exporter was giving you trouble but as long as what your doing now works you should be good, I hope my efforts set you in the right direction.

Pottus said:

I'm not sure why your exporter was giving you trouble but as long as what your doing now works you should be good, I hope my efforts set you in the right direction.

Thanks for identifying the problem. This Quake 2 modeler seems to be just as effective at fixing the problem as MAX. I always go for freebie programs if I can get away with it.

I don't get why Blender produces glitched models within Doom but not within other 3D modeling programs, maybe Doom and Blender just don't get along for whatever reason.