Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Progressive Fiction (Hadephobia now on /idgames)

That is good news - can you PM me a link to the updated MAP25 and I will add it to the latest beta. We're getting there now.

I've PM'd Cell about MAP13 and I'm hoping Hawkwind will take care of MAP10. MAP11 and MAP17 I have both fixed. Only other level needing fixes is MAP30, which A.Gamma is doing.

UPDATE

I've now also fixed MAP19. I think the lower to shortest texture trigger on the bars around the first teleporter was causing the ZDaemon fault so I changed it to lower to highest floor and created some control sectors to keep the effect Cell was going for.

I've also fixed MAP26 but it's a slightly uglier fix. I've had to add a co-op switch to reopen the bars that were trapping players out of the yellow door room. The map exit was just a rock wall for some reason so I have made it into a drop instead. If Cell is not happy with how this looks in Beta 3 I will let him change how it looks as long as it still works the same.

I've made a slight change in MAP27 but only to raise the ceiling at the start to match the new exit for MAP26.

Oh hey, perfect timing. I sent you a PM literally at the same time you made that post. Here's hoping the final version will be out fairly soon, it's about time!

purist said:

UPDATE

I've now also fixed MAP19. I think the lower to shortest texture trigger on the bars around the first teleporter was causing the ZDaemon fault so I changed it to lower to highest floor and created some control sectors to keep the effect Cell was going for.

I've also fixed MAP26 but it's a slightly uglier fix. I've had to add a co-op switch to reopen the bars that were trapping players out of the yellow door room. The map exit was just a rock wall for some reason so I have made it into a drop instead. If Cell is not happy with how this looks in Beta 3 I will let him change how it looks as long as it still works the same.

I've made vital changes to both MAP19 and MAP26, and I'll post it by the soir (actually, to be bad, I'm going to ask you to remake the MAP19 control sector and the MAP26 drop), but I'm really interested in who the **** was given the permission to change the maps, because not only I've encountered a few corrections in terms of structure, but also in aesthetic (too after the MAP07 beef to be precise!!), and this is concerning the MAP19 tech secret in which some idiots changed the FLOOR1_1 back to FLAT14 and so on. My maps are not flawless, I accept, but not "change-to-your-taste" wishlists either! That's why I'm quite upset with some people maintenant.

When you upload your new versions of MAP19 and MAP26 I will re-instate the control sectors and the exit drop but MAP13 was the one that most needed your update Cell. I take it you want me to apply my own fix to the bars surrounding the yellow skull key, which I don't mind but no complaining if you don't like how I do it please!

Regarding the cosmetic changes, Pottus and hawkwind did some thorough playtesting for the project. The complete buglist was such a length that it would have been impracticle to ask the original authors to work through them so I gave them the go ahead to apply the fixes themselves on the proviso that the fixes are not intrusive to the original mappers vision. This is obviously subjective but I think they did a good job of cleaning things up where needed without drastically changing the map. Complete changelogs were included with each of the beta uploads so you can reference these for your own information and you're welcome to make further changes to your maps if you are not happy with them as they are - provided you are always updating the latest version and you provide a changelog with your upload.

Download BETA 3 of Hadephobia here.

This is pretty much the release candidate beta. I've not actually had chance to test it right through but it's basically BETA 2.1 with co-op fixes, plus changes to Cell, A.Gamma and Melon's maps so what could go wrong? All manner of things I am sure but that's what 3.1's are for :-)

I will leave this up here for a week while I finish off my TNT2 map and then I will give it one last test before release. Prior to going to /idgames I'd like to organise a co-op game and have some official demo replacements so if you're interested in doing either or both please post your interest here and I will try to accomodate you.

If anyone finds any last minute bugs please post here also. I'm only really entertaining show-stoppers at this stage but if it's quick enough to fix I will oblige.

I hope you get this out finally, I would have done some more stuff but I have other things on the go as well and I put in a lot more time doing those fixes than anticipated but I'm sure that helped out a lot =)

So... is this ready to be uploaded to idgames yet? It's been over a month since the last update. (Also minor thing, could you change my name from TrueDude to Death Egg in the finished text document? Thanks.)

Yes, it will be quite soon. I'm towards the end of one last playtest at the moment and have picked up about a dozen bugs to fix. To be honest I've not focused on it much since Christnas but I thought there's no real rush. In the meantime the linked WAD is pretty close to the finished project.

Your credit name has already been taken care of in the version I'm testing.

This is a boom compatible megawad, and as such is not designed to run in vanilla. Please read the accompanying docs first. This is also stated in the OP.

I've re-tested Hadephobia and found about a dozen small bugs, all of which are now fixed so I see no reason not to upload to /idgames (about time after more than two years in development).

Whilst I'm waiting for an /idgames link here's a link to the release candidate:

h_phobia.wad

purist said:

Whilst I'm waiting for an /idgames link here's a link to the release candidate:

h_phobia.wad

The perfection! Finally, I can tell "I've (also) published" something to /idgames, about 30 months after having registered to the Forums.

MegaDoomer informs me that DeHacked is missing and MAP25's music does not work in ZDoom (thanks Brandon).

I have made a fixed version of the DeHacked file, which somehow got corrupted in the version linked above and tried to replace it in the /idgames folder but I don't think it likes having two files with the same name uploaded so I may have to re-upload it after it is accepted. This shouldn't cause any demo de-synchs since I've not amended the actual maps.

I've left the MAP25 music as is. It works in the intended port (PRBoom+) and I don't know why ZDoom doesn't like it.

Hadephobia is now on /idgames but the file on there is to be replaced shortly with a new one that fixes the broken DeHacked lump as well as a handful of last minute minor bugs, which hawkwind kindly alerted me to.

It would please me very much if this megawad gets some demo attention but for now I would ask any potential speedrunners to hold off until there is a stable version. The bugs I have fixed in the new version have a minimal effect on gameplay but will cause desyncs in any recordings made in the version presently on /idgames.

The new version of h_phobia.zip is presently in the /idgames incoming folder and should hopefully be submitted to the archive in a few days. It should be identifiable by the message to the archive maintainer at the top of the .txt file and the presence of automap names.

I'll post a link here when it's up - hopefully I've not caused any major problems by applying these fixes!

Something's not quite right with d_adrian ( map 25 music ) since this is the only music file that XWE cannot play. Maybe someone with more knowledge of this could explain why.

As for me, ZDoom managed to play that music of MAP25's.

Anyway, are all the soundtracks titled? 'Cause credits list has some white bars in it I suppose (for instance, MAP25's isn't given a name either).

Credit.txt said:

MAP25: Steve Henifin - Gateway to Destiny (Eternal Darkness)

Credits look OK to me.

@PRIMEVAL: Thanks for the fix but I'd already sent the update fixing the DeHacked patch and Hawkwind's last minute bugs. I don't want to do another update just for a ZDoom music fix, unless a major error is found.

Hey, cool to see that this is finally released. Sorry for stalling this wad and going AWOL a few times. Also looking back I get the feeling that some of my levels aren't really up to the same standard as many others, hopefully I haven't let the whole thing down (they were some of my first ever maps if I can try to claw back some dignity here). I think my fight design ended up more frustrating than fun in a couple of places.

Not sure what's up with map 25's music. Always worked fine for me, so sorry about that too.

Big round of applause to everyone involved. This project's story focus made it pretty hard to for me to map for at times, but I think in the end the wad came out to be pretty great and unique.

purist said:

@PRIMEVAL: Thanks for the fix but I'd already sent the update fixing the DeHacked patch and Hawkwind's last minute bugs. I don't want to do another update just for a ZDoom music fix, unless a major error is found.

o.O ? I sent nothing

PRIMEVAL said:

o.O ? I sent nothing

Sorry, that was meant to be directed to Jimmy91.

Melon, there's nothing wrong with your maps and you were always easy to work with. I don't remember you being too late with your maps (well, you maybe were occasionally outside the week deadlines but who wasn't!) I actually found your views on the maps useful and you got me out of a bit of a hole by agreeing to make extra maps to fill some gaps and swapping your slot near the end of the project.

I'm also pleased this has now been completed, it felt like it weighed heavy on my HD. I'm just waiting for the file to be updated on /idgames so I can call it official. I wouldn't be bothered but a DeHacked patch is pretty essential bearing in mind the project aims.

I'm reviewing this. I hope I don't get any panties twisted. No, I dont hate this wad. quite the opposite. :D

Reviewing on /idgames, newstuff or where? If it's elsewhere please link me to it. Positive or not I would like to read it. Please bear in mind that the update is still pending. It won't have a massive effect on gameplay but it does change a few things.