Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alteus

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #81 - Slaughterfest 2012 (Part 1)

Hordes, throngs, swarms, zounds and legions. Don't expect mercy: this time you won't need to advance carefully because once you join, you will have to run for your life and try to find and defend a safe spot. The enemy is everywhere. But two things are sure: one, that Animazero will be pleased with cyberdemon count and two, that we will love if Cannonball survives (or not) in his own maps. See you there this Thursday!

Skill: Ultra Violence
PWADs: SF2012b.wad, miekskins-r3, tskins1e, tns81
Maps: map01-16,31
Lives: 1
Players: 20/50
Aus session: 19:00 AEST (that's 09:00 GMT)
Euro session: 19:00 GMT (that's 14:00 EST)
US session: 19:00 EST (that's 00:00 GMT)

Servers:

• [L@P] - Germany, Europe
  • DUI - New Jersey, USA
  • NzDoom - Auckland, New Zealand

I'd better be on time to this for playtesting purposes as map01 is mine :P
Well it will be nice to see my maps kill everyone but to be honest they are probably the kinder maps of the set

I feel compelled to join this

Alteus said:

Hordes, throngs, swarms, zounds and legions.

also, homm kicks ass

Ribbiks said:

...also, homm kicks ass

Good catch ;p, I don't know how many years I spent playing Homm3 (Best one IMO)

Nevan said:

Awaiting meow overload.

Moo armadas, flaming alien assault squads, waves of skeletons...probably missing something too, heh.

I'm actually playing through the first half of this wad to prepare for this Thursday. Watch it give me no extra hope in surviving better D:.

No ammount of playing this wad beforehand will help me survive any of these maps. Probably will need to have some sort of writing material to note any bugs which might occur in my maps (hopefully none). Also I had a habit of adding quite a few viles to some maps for multiplayer (not sure how many and in which maps)

On a side note:

I assume in the future there may be a part 2 to this for maps 17-30, so it's worth noting that the version of map30 in sf2012b.wad is currently broken in zdoom ports. I posted a corrected version of the map in the sf12 thread today, and I expect it will be incorporated whenever version C rolls around.

Alteus said:

I don't know how many years I spent playing Homm3 (Best one IMO)

ya! I enjoyed AB expansion aswell

I kinda noticed something that will most likely be worth noting - in map 14 there's probably missing coop teleporter to last room which gets locked up. I don't have time to properly check but it's most likely not there. Also, there's slightly newer version of map 15 which fixes broken cyb teleporter in sf thread which hasn't been incorporated to final version yet. Also also, if you figure out why are maps 27 and 28 broken in zd, let us know. Also also also, there are also supreme secret maps in 33-35 mapslots, just in case you weren't aware of it.

Yes, I noticed that maps 27-28 missing nodes problem when testing in ZD, I suppose we will face that problem when doing second part :I
About missing teleporters, no problem, it wouldn't be the first wad that gets broken and we will puke some magical in-field teleports if needed. And no, I wasn't aware of super secret maps (D'oh) we could add one or two to this part.

Evolution said:

The maps in question use blank SEGS and SSECTORS lumps...

I posted additional info about this in wad's topic in case someone is interested. (didn't wanted to investigate today but I was curious ;p)

I've played a bit of this too, some maps are "beatable" even in 1-life SP, in others... we will just need some sacrifying marines :P

Alteus said:

I've played a bit of this too, some maps are "beatable" even in 1-life SP, in others... we will just need some sacrifying marines :P

Frankly if nobody dies by the end of the first map, I will be quite surprised. These maps are indeed pretty nasty with some of the traps and whatnot, heh.

Anima Zero said:

Frankly if nobody dies by the end of the first map, I will be quite surprised...

Wanna bet? This time you eat your shoes? :P:P

Sucks that I'll miss 30 minutes of this due to drama class. I wanna see the first map fails. :P

In fact I reckon MAP03 will be the map where people start to get caught out. It's quite evil in my opinion!

Alteus said:

Wanna bet? This time you eat your shoes? :P:P

I suppose so. We could always up the ante to a shirt if we really wanted ;D.

Heh yeah, I had a real good blast this time, it was good get back into a slaughter wad again. FYI I actually went over some early maps in this pack in my last session pick; but didn't see it playing out too well... I was hugely wrong heh... :)

I saw 37 doomers in the server at one point. WHOA FACE here.

BTW: some issues on a couple of maps (like 34) happened purely because of the sheer demand put on the server CPU from scenarios like every monster in the map waking and firing when a player joins. These maps were really stressing it, lol. To think that we ran some -fast in there too...

Can you lads check sometime what happenned in map 6 when dinorhuck got stuck behind some HOM? It was in first rotation iirc.

Cool to see this being played online. :)
I'd totally join of course, but don't have the internet capabilities at the moment.