Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Amazing new valley benchmark for your graphics card.

Shaikoten said:

So, DayZ standalone, coming out this year?

Well... there was War Z and there are other similar games in production. Anyway if this tech were to become a game it would need to be greatly optimized.

Are laptop graphic cards meant to be slower than desktop ones?

Also, are GeForce GTX cards faster than GT?

geo said:

Well... there was War Z and there are other similar games in production. Anyway if this tech were to become a game it would need to be greatly optimized.

The War Z is a shit game on an engine with reputation for purely shit from developers known for their shit and lies. And let's not forget that it was a reactionary ripoff cash-in to DayZ's success from the get go.

DayZ is a mod that actually exists and is fun to play, based on Arma which is also fun to play, if not laden with weird and often hilarious bugs and based on a laughable (for security's purposes) trusted-client model, which is being completely rewritten for the standalone. But I have had many hundred hours of DayZ fun since the mod was released, and I don't doubt the standalone will be great, they just need to keep being honest with the community and taking their time to get it right.

Anyways, yeah, I just meant that the landscape style in this tech demo is similar to that used in Chenarus in DayZ, but probably a little closer to Skyrim's art style in some regards.

printz said:

Are laptop graphic cards meant to be slower than desktop ones?

Also, are GeForce GTX cards faster than GT?

Yes, laptop graphics cards are slower than their desktop counterparts due to thermal and power considerations.

GTX denotes top of the line models. GTX > GT

Ran the benchmark on my new system:

Basic:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Extreme:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Extreme HD:

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

FPS: 24.4
Score: 1022
Min FPS: 14.6
Max FPS: 45.9

Platform: Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3605MHz) x4
GPU model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 9.18.13.1090 (2048MB) x1

Render: Direct3D11
Mode: 1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen

Preset: Extreme HD

Pretty cool. Normally I run games in a slightly higher resolution (2048x1152) and with no AA or motion blur. When I did those settings, my FPS went up dramatically.

Anyway, this Valley benchmark reminds me of this 4K demo. Except Valley isn't 4K in size and isn't a demo but a benchmark (and it doesn't run as well as Elevated does on my machine):

Why don't you test your Linux machine and answer exp(x)'s suspicion that the Linux port of this tool is defective?